riding my bicycle...AGAIN....now into a supermarket.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

riding my bicycle...AGAIN....now into a supermarket.

Post by traveller on Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:56 pm

The reason I've given this title is because I'm not sure if a bicycle in my dreams is good or not so good. Meaning: I've read interps about bikes being something we do under our own strength, but I also know that symbols mean different things to different people. As this is an important thing for me, I'm always searching for deeper motivations behind doing things as I want to be doing things from the right place and with the right attitude, but maybe I'm just digging too much:) A bike to me has always been a pleasant way of transport, sometimes hard work, but I like the exercise I get out of riding one..Anyway, here is the dream I had:

I was in my home town, where I haven't lived for the last 8years.. and I'm riding a bike really fast and am on my way somewhere. Whizzing past the street with the local supermarket that sells my favourite pastry, I think how good it would be to go get one(pastry) as this particular supermarket is one of the few that make this particular treat just right and is therefore my favourite place to get this particular treat(true in real life:).. I go into the supermarket, bring my bike in with me but realize I need to park it somewhere, so I put it to the right of the entrance where a couple of kids are playing. Another kids'bike sits there too. My bike looks small, which I didn't notice outside when riding it, not small like a kid's bike, but small as the trendy ones the teens are riding around here in real life..? I forgot to bring a lock to secure the bike, but think it should be okay to leave it in the kids'corner while I quickly dash in to get this pastry. My reasoning in the dream was either that the kids would accidentally keep an eye on it or that their presence would prevent someone from taking it. I was in a hurry wanting to get to the bakery section and wanting to be quick about it so I wouldn't have to leave my bike unattended for too long. So, I run through the shop and I have to slow myself down to fast-walking pace as I realized/remembered you're not allowed to run in this shop, which somehow had happened to me there before, I felt in the dream, not in real life). Then I get to the bakery section and look at all these other sweets, but don't see the thing I'm looking for, which was the reason I was there. They all look nice but as they're not my favourite I'm contemplating if I should just get something else, but I don't really end up doing that.
End of dream.

This dream reminds me of a dream (bicycle ride) I posted here in Oct. I feel it could be related, especially since I prayed last night over something particular.

Last edited by traveller on Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: riding my bicycle...AGAIN....now into a supermarket.

Post by martin from Africa on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:14 am

hi there, just a few thoughts, in one dream I had a bicycle was an individual rather than a car/bus which is more a ministry idea, could the dream be something about taking you back to a time when you could not find spiritual food? The bicycle appears to make progress but it takes you to a store where the food you want and need is unavailable, are you deciding in your own strength what you need to eat? These are only thoughts, please pray, blessings martin

martin from Africa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:03 am

Hi martin, thanks for your thoughts.. I don't have the answers to those questions (yet). I wonder what the store represents? I definitely need to keep praying on this one. More thoughts/interp always welcome.
Thanks again martin and God bless you.

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by martin from Africa on Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:12 am

hi there, thanks blessings, a store could be a place of spiritual provision (church/ministry/cell group etc), blessings martin

martin from Africa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:47 pm

Just been thinking that I had another dream the night before this dream which took me on a plane back to my childhood home. Back there the top shelves upstairs in the house were being opened which I understood as certain things from my past going to be revealed, maybe in my thinking(as it was upstairs and the top shelves:)
I just linked this to martin's comment about this bicycle trip to a supermarket back home as a possibility, reminding me of a time from my past when I didn't get the spiritual food I needed..

I've asked God if I'm trying to be too organised in a certain ministry I'm involved in..(doing things in my own strength, this is why i'd like to know if the bicycle means doing things in my own strength) without totally trusting God in every step of that way. I've even asked Him if He wants me to step back from that ministry, as I don't want to be in it if He doesn't want me to. He just replied to that by saying 'give it to Me'..which I see as just that, not worrying about it but letting Him lead it, whatever that looks like and just this morning I've had to do that, giving it back to Him. Could this be linked to the dream where I'm running in the shop, and having to pace myself because I'd been pulled up about that before? I'll just keep digging a bit further here... ...could the link with the past be because I learnt to be independent as a way of survival, but with God that way (independence as a way of surviving) is over..as I can be dependent on Him all the time..Maybe this dream is dealing with some old stuff/attitudes that needed to come out..
Still pondering..what about the other sweets, i wonder?

I'll keep believing for God's full revelation in this:)

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by martin from Africa on Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:45 pm

hi there, thanks very interesting, just a few thoughts, God will honour your desire to find the truth, sweets could that be prophetic words??, there is also a sense of peace missing in the dream, there is concern for a number of things/issues, you are not at a place of rest in the dream, blessings martin

martin from Africa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:55 am

..there is also a sense of peace missing in the dream, there is concern for a number of things/issues, you are not at a place of rest in the dream, Very true martin.. I've noticed this too and seems to have been a theme for me this last week. I know I can have peace in God,as I've experienced this, I just need to learn to consistently walk in this peace.. Have been concerned/not at peace about a couple of things lately and brought them to God with what to do with them, in fact I prayed for this specifically the evening before I had this dream. The sweets being propecies, maybe could be, just not sure which prophecies though in this case..the main prophecies I've had are through my dreams, as people in my church and around me don't bring personal prophecies.
I do trust in God and I will continue to seek Him on this. thanks for your replies! God bless you:)

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by martin from Africa on Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:02 am

Thanks, blessings, martin

martin from Africa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:50 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top