Superbowl (Football) The Colts & The Saints

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Superbowl (Football) The Colts & The Saints

Post by MyBeloved on Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:45 pm

What do these mean... Superbowl (football) The Colts & The Saints.

Over the weekend our Pastor had a dream that "The Colts" won 37 - (?) I think it was 27 for "The New Orleans Saints" I can't remember the exact score was for the saints in the dream, but I think The Colts won by 10 points. His favorite team is The Colts in real life, but they lost this past Sunday. Now, he does not follow any meanings/understanding to his dreams... he just dreams!!!!

The colors for "The Colts" team are blue & white... a BLUE jersey with white lettering (horseshoe on the helmet) ... The colors for "The Saints" are black and gold... a BLACK jersey with old GOLD color lettering (cross on the helmet). There has been heavy theological difference on salvation. He believes that God choses to only save some and that salvation was not for the whole world. Christ only came to save the "Elect", he died for the CHURCH. Others in the church believe that He died for the world and everyone man is lost but can be found through Him. The words elect and chosen are being thrown all around.

John 6:37-41 - NKJ Version
37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. 38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 39 This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. 40 And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

Ephesians 5:25-33 - (NKJ Version)

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, 26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, 27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. 28 So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself. 29 For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church. 30 For we are members of His body,of His flesh and of His bones. 31 “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” 32 This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church. 33 Nevertheless let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.

I had a dream December 12
I was getting ready to iron a shirt, but before I started I looked down at my iron. On top of the iron had 3 holes. Three different ways I can iron.

Ephesians 5:27 (NKJ Version)

27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish.

Is the Lord trying to tell him something?

MyBeloved

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Superbowl (Football) The Colts & The Saints

Post by daphanie02 on Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:06 pm

I'm confused, are you saying there is a tie between the dreamhe had about the colts winning and the way he believes about salvation ?

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MyBeloved on Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:49 pm

Tie? I never thought about a tie.

MyBeloved

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:03 pm

Could it be that this dream really doesn't mean anything and that his desire for his team...the colts (mine as well) to win spilled over into his dreams?

Just a thought...

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:11 am

That's what I was thinking as well....this one strikes me as a "matters of the day" type of dream...I don't have an interpretation....and as a Saints fan, I will refrain from saying anything else.... whistle lol!

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:24 am

lol I was just confused because of the way the dream ran into his beliefs. I agree with cholette and Lurdys. I was going to suggest this as well. lol I dreamed the night before the superbowl that the cowboys had one last chance and they were headed for the superbowl as well. lol that really was wishful thinking! go 'boys!!!!!!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MyBeloved on Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:56 am

Thanks!

MyBeloved

View user profile

Back to top Go down