searching for someone but never finding them - what does this mean?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

searching for someone but never finding them - what does this mean?

Post by doyle on Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:57 pm

Hi
Please could you help me with this. For years now I have been experiencing a reoccurring dream. The theme remains the same but the surroundings change. I dream that I go in search of an old boyfriend but I never find him. I am aware that he is close by, but never manage to see him. He is from another country, and I travel to his native land to find him. In the dream I experience a real drive and urgency to find him.

At first I wondered whether this was a distraction, but I am wondering if there is something deeper that God is trying to show me. This person was my "first love" we met when i was 15 years old. I became a Christian at the age of 19. our relationship ended a few months before this.

I have been very happily married for nearly 14 years, I am very active in developing my spirituality, have two beautiful children, and see no threat to this. I wish I could understand what’s happening. My husband and i have a very open relationship and he is aware of this dream. I have prayed about "soul ties" etc etc, but the dreams are vivid and intense.

doyle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: searching for someone but never finding them - what does this mean?

Post by hind'sfeet on Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:09 pm

Maybe God wants you to pray for his salvation? I know praying for someones salvation is always an urgent thing because we know not the minute, hour, day, month, or year of our expiration from the earth.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by doyle on Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:07 am

Interesting, thankyou!

doyle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by martin from Africa on Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:39 am

Hi there, just a few thoughts, could the boyfriend represent something old that has resurrected itself in your life, could be good or bad, like a habit, if the relationship is positive then it could be good, your association with the old boyfriend would be the key, if you felt let down after he left then that’s the picture…betrayed, disappointed, etc, or a literal interpretation is to pray for salvation, soul ties (which you have done), blessings martin

martin from Africa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jwhita on Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:42 am

Hi Doyle. I see two things. You old friend is "lost" and he needs to be "found".

jwhita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:44 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top