Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doyle

searching for someone but never finding them - what does this mean?

Please could you help me with this. For years now I have been experiencing a reoccurring dream. The theme remains the same but the surroundings change. I dream that I go in search of an old boyfriend but I never find him. I am aware that he is close by, but never manage to see him. He is from another country, and I travel to his native land to find him. In the dream I experience a real drive and urgency to find him.

At first I wondered whether this was a distraction, but I am wondering if there is something deeper that God is trying to show me. This person was my "first love" we met when i was 15 years old. I became a Christian at the age of 19. our relationship ended a few months before this.

I have been very happily married for nearly 14 years, I am very active in developing my spirituality, have two beautiful children, and see no threat to this. I wish I could understand what’s happening. My husband and i have a very open relationship and he is aware of this dream. I have prayed about "soul ties" etc etc, but the dreams are vivid and intense.

Would be greatful for any insight!!!

Welcome Doyle!!

More people will be able to see this and possibly give you the help that you need if you would post this in the "SYmbols" or "Dreams and Visions Interpretation" forums.

This forum is normally used for questions or information that you may need regarding the board.