Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
traveller

courage would be good:-)

Hi there, I'd like to ask for prayer for more courage and continuation to step out in what God wants me to do. Later this week I'll be stepping out in an area of ministry I'm leading. I'm a bit scared of being a leader eventhough God has given me abilities. I've planned something different for the night in comparison to how the program used to be and eventhough I know this is what I feel God wants, I'm just a bit nervous. I'm trying to have extra soaking time with God to be in His presence as that's what I need.
But extra prayer as the Spirit leads I'd greatly appreciate;-)
Thank you:-)

Hi Traveller,

As I'm sure you already know, fear is NOT of God and it's purpose is to paralyze us. What I have found in my life is when I'm fearful of something, it usually turns out far better than I thought. It's like the enemy built this whole scenario in my mind so I would NOT do it. Not just that, but the thing I stepped out and did ended up being a blessing to a lot of people.

So now, whenever fear tries to grip me, I say to myself that it's the devil!!!! For me, that's all you have to say to me for me to move forward because I disdain him with a passion. When it comes to me that it's him, the fear usually dissipates, but it depends on what I'm doing. A little bit of uneasiness is pretty normal, especially if it's something new that you are doing, but meditate in the Word of God...read scriptures on fear and ask the Holy Spirit to settle you inside. You are a leader and leaders need to hear from the Lord. When you are THAT fearful, you cannot hear the voice of the Lord.

I will be praying for you...let us know the victory report.

Thank you Cholette!

Amen to what u said, you're right:) and have been meditating on the scriptures that I've got here on this topic. Thought i dealt with all that ages ago, but funny that when we're under pressure certain things try to sneak back in....argh.. But I CAN do all things through Christ Who strengthens me. And: the Lord is on my side, I will Not fear.
Thanks for reminding me of where I stand in Christ:)

Yes, Traveller, you CAN do ALL things through Christ who strengthens you. You are the head and not the tail. If God be for you, who can be against you? The Lord IS your light AND your salvation, whom shall you fear? The Lord has not given you a spirit of fear but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. The Lord will contend with those who contend with you. You are a marvelous work, wonderfully and fearfully made! The very hairs on your head are all numbered, Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. Do not fear, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the Kingdom. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. The secret of the LORD is with those who fear Him,And He will show them His covenant. The angel of the LORD encamps all around those who fear Him,And delivers them. God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, Even though the earth be removed...In God (I will praise His word),In God I have put my trust; I will not fear. What can flesh do to me? He will bless those who fear the LORD,Both small and great. The fear of man brings a snare, But whoever trusts in the LORD shall be safe. You must not fear them, for the LORD your God Himself fights for you. Then the LORD said to him, “Peace be with you; do not fear, you shall not die.”

Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”

Be strong and of good courage, for you must go with this people to the land which the LORD has sworn to their fathers to give them, and you shall cause them to inherit it.

And the LORD, He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed.

No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life; as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you. 6 Be strong and of good courage, for to this people you shall divide as an inheritance the land which I swore to their fathers to give them. 7 Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go. 8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”

WOW...Praise the Lord for those Words Lola!!
I've been reading it out loud and I will continue to do so:) Usually when something like this springs on me there's victory on the other side, but going into it from the place of victory is even more glorious!
Amen! Praise God! Hallelujah! Thanks for you and for encouraging me with God's Word:-)

Glory to God, I'm glad you were encouraged! Meditate on those scriptures and let them settle in your spirit! Walk into your new appointment knowing that He is leading you and will NEVER forsake you as you move forward.

Let us know how things turn out once you're settled and come back as often as you need to for a new filling of encouragement! Will keep you in prayer in the meantime!