New Baby, New Assignment, Old Dress

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Baby, New Assignment, Old Dress

Post by lola21st on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:56 am

January 30, 2010 –

I was sitting in a house but it wasn’t my house and I had a baby girl in my lap (she was mine…I don’t have a baby IRL) and she was abnormally small like a doll. The setting was a gathering of my Jamaican friends. There were these young women who were checking me out during this part of the dream, they weren’t outright rude but it felt like they were checking me out and making snide comments about me amongst themselves.

Next scene - We were at a Best Buy (or some other consumer electronics store) and I bought some stuff but it seemed like I also worked there although I wasn’t working at that moment. There was a woman collecting people. There were changed assignments and I was in front of the registers by the displays where there were instructions. I had finished my purchase and was checking out my purchasing habits had changed or my assignment). I exchanged something - because I had the baby now, I either didn’t need the item that I was about to exchange or I now needed something different so was exchanging the item for what I would need now.

Next Scene – The setting was NYC and it was girls night out. I was with Lucinda and two other friends and Suzanne (they live in NYC IRL). We were going to go dancing. Lucinda and Suzanne were there and there was a gathering of people. We were dressed up, I was wearing a black spaghetti strap dress that I used to have when I was in college. We went to a club. And the dance floor was huge. We were testing our dancing shoes to see how easy it would be to glide on the floor. I ran and started to glide and realized that I was going so fast that I was going to crash into the wall. I braced myself for the impact but it turned out that I stopped just inches from the wall. I stepped back. End of dream.

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New Baby, New Assignment, Old Dress

Post by jwhita on Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:32 pm

Hi Lola, Here are my impressions: I think the Lord has birthed something new in your life, something some people won't understand. (baby/snide comments) It probably is in the area or work or ministry (at work/new assignment) and will mean some change in your ways, (habits). The dancing, to me is a positive thing. It's celebration and joy in the Lord. Sliding may indicate feeling out of control, but don't worry, He's the one in control.

jwhita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jwhita on Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:38 pm

And also, the old dress. Is there soemthing in your life, it could be good or bad, thatdoesn't really match up with the new??? You're changing old habits, but this thing is from your past.

jwhita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:29 pm

Hi jwhita -

Thanks for sharing your impressions! I agree with what you've stated and am still praying about the dress...I agree with the contrast of old/new, I'm just not sure what it represents....

flower

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jwhita on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:32 am

It reminds me of the life of a rose. A bud is beautiful in it's own right, and full of potential. The sides are deep green and some are silky smooth. But as it grows these early beauties dry up and peel off to reveal the petals in all their glory. It was all there in the bud, in the very dna. And again as it matures this glory fades, but there is a greater glory inside. Al that origonal potential, plus all it's gained it it's life, combined in ways we can't even imagine. Transformed from glory to glory.

jwhita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:38 pm

You have this new baby-- possibly either a new relationship, or a baby IRL (hey didn't say it couldn't happen!!lol) and I wonder if the young women making snide remarks were jealous or wondering, "who is she?" Trying to compare themselves to you to see what you have that they don't (you get me?)

You dancing and having a good time is fine but make sure that you watch your surrounding. Be alert.

Please pray on what I've said
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:28 pm

Thanks jwhita and Desi -

jwhita - I was really blessed by your rose analogy, that was beautiful! thumbs

I've been praying about this and while I don't have the full revelation, I do believe that this is about my spiritual assignment. There is something I've been involved in that He has made my current spiritual assignment and this dream, along with some other dreams that I've had recently, is leading me to believe that this "baby" is closer to being born. When it is born there will be some who will covet it. Also, there will be a new assignment since this one will be completed and there will be changes that I will need to make as well because having this "baby" in my life will cause my personal spiritual needs to change. (A Best Buy store is an electronics store which to me represents a Holy Spirit powered church.)

The scene with the dancing to me is significant. New York regularly appears in my dreams and I think it symbolizes a place of destiny, a place where I'm fully equipped (or will be) and in the spirit; it's a future place. This scene represents the fellowship with other sisters in Christ and the joy and freedom of life in Christ. The scene reminded me of Philippians 4, the joy of living the Christian life and rejoicing. While we were going dancing and it was a club, it wasn't like a den of sin kind of club, it was upright. The gliding was a freedom in the spirit and my feeling out of control was another 'Peter walking on water' moment. My stopping within inches of the wall was another Joshua "Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go” moment....

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:16 pm

WOW! I THINK YOU NAILED YOUR OWN INTERPRETATION!

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:24 pm

One down, dozens more to go! lol!

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:45 pm

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:29 am

Hello Lurdys!

I'm going to respond to your dream without reading anyone else's responses first so that I'm not influenced by them. The first scene speaks to me of a ministry that you are called in. You're in this "house" but it's not your own. The baby is yours, but it's small. What comes up in my heart is the process of the growth of the seed of the word of God or His promises growing up in our hearts. It appears as though the ministry or the assignment...the promise that you have birthed is still very small and delicate. This scriptures come to mind:

Mark 4:26, "And he said, So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground; 27 And should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how. 28 For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself; first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear. 29 But when the fruit is brought forth, immediately he putteth in the sickle, because the harvest is come."

So I see the baby doll as a symbol for a ministry or assignment that has been birthed, but is still in its early stages of development.

Knowing what I know about your Jamica symbol in dreams, I would say the friends are other believers that you are walking with in this ministry assignment and the young girls watching you symbolize people "on the outside" so to speak who are not of the same calling/mind-set, possibly not even believers, although not necessarily. I believe in some way this is actually happening, and the Lord is revealing it to you here so that it may be dealt with in prayer. This is the scripture that comes to mind for that: Isaiah 54:17, "No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD." Any time anyone is ever doing anything for God they will meet up with persecution. Jesus said if they have done it to the Master, they will do it to the servants. The servant is not above his master! In Mark chapter 4, we are told that the enemy uses persecution as one of his weapons to steal the Word of God and His promises out of our hearts and keep them from manifesting in our lives. I believe this is an attack against one of your ministry assignments being revealed to you here. But it will not prosper in Jesus' Name! And in the context of the dream it's being revealed to you "which assignment". It's the newest one and the most fragile one.

Second scene -- You are being shown a change concerning this very new ministry and/or assignment. It's a tool, or a gift, perhaps. I don't know. But when the Lord calls, He also equips us for what we are called to do. There is something you have needed before that you will not need in this new season, and something that you have not needed before that you will. Something here is definitely being exchanged and God here is letting you know about it ahead of time.

Third scene -- VICTORY! Whatever was occuring in the first scene has been resolved and you are celebrating. I believe the dress from college goes along with the exchange in the second scene. Sometimes we lay certain things down only for a season, and then later pick them back up again. Here you are once again wearing something that you once wore back in college. So there is something specific that you have set aside for a season, but you will be picking back up again in this new season. There seems to be some concern on your part here about "getting out of control", but the Lord is showing you that He will not allow you to crash or to fall. This scripture comes to mind: "Psalms 91:11-12, "For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. 12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone." God wants you to know that you can trust Him in this new season and that He will protect and keep you. There is a reason why you are being assured of this ahead of time. I can't say exactly what matter the Lord is speaking to you about here, Lurdys, but I see it as such an exciting time. You know some of the greatest challenges we have are followed by the greatest victories. That's what I see here in the dream. In the first scene you are coming up against opposition. And we know that we do not wrestle with flesh and blood...We know who are enemy is. But, God restores something to you that you previously possessed, perhaps in a past season of your life, and celebration times begin. Victory is assured and you are protected and kept throughout this season. Nothing shall by any means hurt you! I hope this ministers to your heart. Let me know what you think.

Love and blessings,

Sandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:58 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top