Re-occurring bully dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re-occurring bully dream

Post by knight63 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:13 pm

Hello everyone:

For the past five to ten years, i have been having reoccurring dreams about a bully that i had almost all through K-12th grade. It has gotten better over the years, having these dreams until now. I have had two or three dreams about him this year. Supposedly, in high school this kid used to pick on me so bad that he would tell his friends that he hated me and didn't even know why. (Jesus said they will hate you because of Me.) This individual has rage and hate in his heart altogether without me and i am sincerely saying i am surprised he is still alive today because of his deep issues.

A little bit about his background: The hate mainly comes from the Jesus in me i believe, because his family is Christian like me, etc., but he rebels against everything that God stands for, hence him hating me with a passion.

Now in the few dreams i have had with him, we are always fighting and sometimes the fights become physical along with words. The only difference than in real life, in the dreams, i stand up for myself and challenge him every single time and i have never done that in my life at that time. Also, i never have had the urge or regret to relive those days but actually i have forgotten about it until i have these dreams.

My only thoughts, pray. But since i keep having them, i wonder if there is something more?

Any thoughts?

knight63

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Re-occurring bully dream

Post by hind'sfeet on Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:26 pm

He is abused.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jwhita on Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:58 pm

We'll pray for him; sound like he needs it. As for the dream,since he's not a part of your life any more, maybe you need healing for the hurts done. Or maybe he represents an oppressive spirit of some sort that you need to resist. Old hurts don't go away when we get saved or just get older, they need to be dealt with through repentence for whatever we did or didn't do and forgiveness. I don't feel like I have the interpretation, but since it was a recurring and traumatic experience I'd seek the Lord for healing.

jwhita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:43 pm

Reoccuring dreams often occur for one of two reasons:

1) The Lord may be trying to get your attention. In this case it may be for healing or it may be to pray for him. Given the context of the dream and since you don't believe that you harbor any lingering hurts or other issues from this experience, it may be that he has been or is undergoing a spiritual conviction.

2) Sometimes the reoccuring dream is tied to something in real life that's reoccuring. As an example, I dream of competitions (outdoor games) when I'm going to be interacting with women that I know covet something about me. I dream of my ex-husband when the Lord is reminding me that I'm approaching or handling a situation with old attitudes/behaviors/etc.

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:06 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top