Rotten Pork dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rotten Pork dream

Post by awesomeGod on Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:02 pm

I just had a dream that I would like help interpreting....Is it some kind of warning about my mother-in-law?
I was at my mother-in-law's house for her annual holiday party and she started pulling whole pigs out of her ovens, apparently she had her kitchen remodeled to hold several huge industrial sized ovens. She kept pulling out whole pigs with their heads still intact on trays until there were at least 25 of them. People were saying WOW!!!! and whispering that it was way too much food. Then she started carving a pig and it smelled rotten....someone else commented that it smelled like a dead animal. No one could eat any of the meat. She commented that it was the first time she had used her new ovens and she forgot to put a chemical in that would smoke the pigs. Someone commented to me sort of "catty" that they knew she was doing something wrong but didn't warn her. I got very upset and yelled at her for not warning my mother-in-law, now that she lost 25 pig roasts and had nothing to serve for the party.
What could this possibly mean?

awesomeGod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rotten Pork dream

Post by lola21st on Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:20 am

Just thoughts, not an interpretation...

There may be something that your MIL would like to share with others but there are a few issues - this is something new to her so she's not completely experienced with it, that which she wants to share is not pure, and there are some around her who are aware of these problems but do nothing to assist her....

Meat in our dreams can often represent the Word of God, though in this case some would be concerned because the meat in this case is pig which is considered unclean. Depending on how you feel about pigs IRL, this could be showing you that the spiritual food that she's taking in and is excited about sharing is not good. Has she started attending a new church or in some other way have a new source for receiving her spiritual "food"?

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:33 am

I noticed the last part where the woman was proud (out of jealousy?) that she hadn't warned the mil and in fact caused the pigs to be rotten.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine2 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:58 pm

I agree with Lola. I also have compassion for your MIL because in the dream she was trying her best to serve everyone a good meal and she didn't "plan" for things to go wrong. It seems like her heart is in the right place but maybe she is in a process of still figuring out how to use some new "tools" that God has given her. I would pray for her that she would keep pressing in to God in this area and that the spirits of pride and self righteousness wouldn't prevent her from serving those around her.

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by awesomeGod on Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:52 pm

Thank you all so much for your interpretations! Your descriptions of my mil were very accurate! She is very generous and kind hearted but is struggling spiritually. My husband and I have been praying for her to find God since she retired and has more quiet time that He could reach her in. Since she retired though, we've been noticing her getting involved in activities out of character for her, such as gambling frequently. It seems like she's searching for ways to keep her mind occupied, and we're hoping she's not avoiding Him.
We will continue to pray for her, and I thank you deeply for your help on this interpretation.

awesomeGod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:09 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top