delivery, abduction, code adam

View previous topic View next topic Go down

delivery, abduction, code adam

Post by RNSuzyQ on Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:07 pm

I'm in the locker room at my workplace, only it's not familiar and I don't feel like I belong. I go out to the work place and some nurses are gathered outside the door of a room and sitting in chairs. One of them tells me "she finally got to eat some of that cake" implying she was very busy on a day she worked so that I was able to go home. I thought "ya, ya, you're a complainer and want thanks" so I politely thanked her for staying to work. She was the labor nurse taking care of the patient in the room, (but she isn't a labor nurse in real life, but a postpartum nurse). The nurses were watching a small screen and when I looked to see what it was, I was alarmed. It was the patient's perineum and I could tell the baby was coming soon. I was annoyed with the nurses for not being in with the patient. I went to rush in the room, but the door wouldn't open all the way, The video device was blocking the way, I was worried the baby would fall on the floor,as the women's legs were up in stirrups, and nothing was under her. I shoved the door as hard as I could and reached her just in time as the head was delivering, I was trying to use a bulb syringe to suck out the baby's nose and mouth, but the part you insert into the airway was very very small and skinny, disfigured. I delivered the rest of the baby and tried again to suck the baby out as it was trying to cough and get rid of the mucous, and gurgling. I was able to help some, but was concerned. I put the baby up on the mothers chest, she leaned way over to her left so that her head and upper back were hanging off the bed. I felt annoyed like "what are you doing, you're going to fall with that baby" We handed the baby off to someone who showed up there, who knew her. So I could check the mom. The mom spun around in the bed and had her feet where the head goes. I was annoyed with her and asked her in an assertive tone to lay in the bed with her head at the top, she got out of the bed, and I noticed there was no blood on the bedding, and felt concerned that she got up way to soon. The mom noticed the girl with the baby disappeared, and we knew that the baby was being stolen. I called out too the nurses that we have a "code adam" and this is for real. (the hospital that I work in calls an infant/child abduction "code adam" over the hospital speakers" The nurses all went to the exits and stair wells to block the abductor, I called the operator and said "we have a code adam here in Labor and Delivery, and this is NOT a drill" Then I was like in the lobby, cafe' area and saw the abductor, (don't recall the baby with her) but I realized her intentions were not bad. Like maybe the mom would be a bad or neglectful mother.

RNSuzyQ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: delivery, abduction, code adam

Post by NeWine on Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:56 pm

Wow, there is a lot to this dream. Have you had a chance to pray on it? In your line of work, do you feel like humanity is spinning out of control? People are unpredictable? Living there lives in chaos. Your overworked, and nobody really seems to care about their jobs? In your heart of hearts your feeling like things are out of control and you're saying, this isn't a drill! Humanity is Lost! And you know it is like God, in the garden calling out to Adam, where are you?
I'm sure there is more detailed interpretation, but to me it seems like this is what it all is in a nut shell. -dee Newine

NeWine

View user profile http://newinepouring.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jwhita on Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:15 pm

Hi RN. My wife is an RN too so I can kinda relate. It sounds like someone you know is going to birth something new. An idea, a ministry, something; you'll know it when you see it. Ordinarily we want to see the one who brings it into the world take care of it. But in this case someone else is going to run with it, and that's Ok. Maybe the one who brings it into the world isn't really ready for it yet.

jwhita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:37 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top