Dream about IVs and Childhood House

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dream about IVs and Childhood House

Post by jill16 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:36 pm

I'm curious about two different dreams that I had on the same night, and I think they were actually separate dreams, but I'm not for sure.
In the first one, I dreamed that I was putting IVs into my own hand/arm (I'm not in the medical field at all, and don't have any health issues that require me to get IVs regularly). I busted out a vein or artery in my arm while trying to put the IV in, and dripped blood all over the carpet in my childhood home. I don't remember specifically who all in my my family or friends was there, but they all communicated they were worried about me. I was more concerned with cleaning up the blood stains off the carpet more than about myself.

The second dream also was at my childhood house. I was in the backyard, and I was trying to keep something bad out of the yard (not a clue as to what it was really) by building a wall. My wall wouldn't hold, so I sprayed this thick foamy stuff all over the place to try to build another wall, but it didn't work either. However, I did manage to grab my cat and dog, and make it safely back inside the back door of the house. The first thing I noticed after I was inside was how messy the kitchen was, and how the floor was more of a light green color rather than the usual gray color. There was food out everywhere like someone had held a party, and hadn't cleaned up yet, and other than my cat and dog, I was alone in the house.

flower

jill16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dream about IVs and Childhood House

Post by Christa on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:36 pm

Hi Jill,

Well, loss of blood means loss of joy. It seems like you were trying to give yourself an injection to make yourself feel better, but instead, you were leaking out joy. I'm wondering, are you depressed honey?

With your second dream, the backyard, I believe, means the past. A childhood house also means the past, you're past. Did you put up a wall a long time ago with your family because they always left you to clean up the emotional mess? Like they didn't care about the chaos they caused and disregarded your feelings? Did you have to be the adult when you shouldn't have?

God bless you, and if I'm correct in this interpretation, I believe that God wants to restore your life......erase the bad, take away the depression, and give you an incredible future. You're His little child you know?! He wants to give you the best childhood ever, even if you're not a kid anymore.....you'll always be His little girl. He loves you and He doesn't want you to strive and find your own remedies to help yourself feel better. All He wants is for you to come to Him and say, "Help me Jesus, I need You and I want You in my life." From that moment on, the changing process begins....you'll have more and more happiness replacing the badness, it'll take a little time, but just ask Jesus to fill you every day like that, and He'll do it.

"Ask ANYTHING in my name, and I will give it to you." - Jesus

Christa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jill16 on Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:52 pm

Hi Christa,
Wow, you were really on target here! I do struggle a lot with depression and anxiety, and have since about age 11. I do use food, busyness, and people pleasing in relationships to try to feel better (like you mentioned "injecting" myself with anything and everything to try to make myself feel better). I'm in a 12 step Christian group called Celebrate Recovery working on my food addiction and codependency. This past year, I started seeing a Christian counselor, went through a sexual abuse recovery group, and have experienced some healing. Yet I also have frequent nightmares and flashbacks a lot, and am struggling a lot in my present day relationships because of all these crazy walls that I have built up in my life.

Growing up, my father was mentally ill (on disability from the time I was born until his death when I was a teenager), my mother was a workaholic, and I had to take care of myself, my younger brother, and sometimes my father. There was a lot of screaming, yelling, chaos, and neglect in our home, so I shut down by building these walls and dissociating into my own safe, fantasy world of books and tv a lot.

What you said really touched my heart because I had been feeling this past week that I wished so badly that I could erase almost all my childhood memories because many of them are so painful. I never realized or thought about how I could have a second childhood now as a 30 something adult.

That really brings some hope to think about restoration because one of the things that I struggle with is the lie (and I know it's a lie, but it's so deeply ingrained) that I'm too broken and messed up to ever be fixed because of all the abuse and neglect from the past. Particularly, the feelings of worthlessness and shame stuck with me because my mother and grandfather (who sexually abused me) told me often that I was worthless, nothing but unwanted trash, and a burden, that I was to blame for my father's mental illness, my mother's unhappiness, etc.

Anyways, sorry to ramble, but thanks for sharing the interpretation with me. You really have a gift for exhortation and compassion! (and discernment). I'm definitely looking forward to more joy and happiness and less sadness and sorrow- maybe I'll go from an Eeyore (though I love Eeyore) to a Tigger or Pooh mentality!
Blessings,
Jill
flower

Christa wrote:Hi Jill,

Well, loss of blood means loss of joy. It seems like you were trying to give yourself an injection to make yourself feel better, but instead, you were leaking out joy. I'm wondering, are you depressed honey?

With your second dream, the backyard, I believe, means the past. A childhood house also means the past, you're past. Did you put up a wall a long time ago with your family because they always left you to clean up the emotional mess? Like they didn't care about the chaos they caused and disregarded your feelings? Did you have to be the adult when you shouldn't have?

God bless you, and if I'm correct in this interpretation, I believe that God wants to restore your life......erase the bad, take away the depression, and give you an incredible future. You're His little child you know?! He wants to give you the best childhood ever, even if you're not a kid anymore.....you'll always be His little girl. He loves you and He doesn't want you to strive and find your own remedies to help yourself feel better. All He wants is for you to come to Him and say, "Help me Jesus, I need You and I want You in my life." From that moment on, the changing process begins....you'll have more and more happiness replacing the badness, it'll take a little time, but just ask Jesus to fill you every day like that, and He'll do it.

"Ask ANYTHING in my name, and I will give it to you." - Jesus
flower

jill16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Christa on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:44 pm

Oh girl.........I'm sorry to hear about your childhood. I think that by you having this dream ......God is showing you that He's working on you....He hasn't forgotten about you, because no matter who's child you are here on this earth, you're first and foremost - God's child. You said, "There was a lot of screaming, yelling, chaos, and neglect in our home, so I shut down by building these walls and dissociating into my own safe, fantasy world of books and tv a lot." I don't think you shut down Jill, I think you built the best survival mechanism any kid under that kind of pressure could do......you built a big wall. You survived to make it to today, January 28, 2010. You're a survivor, but not only that, being that you're a Christian, you're a WARRIOR. You're strong, not weak. You just put your "dealing with this situation" on hold while you were a child. But the fact is that you're dealing with it now, you're working through it with God's help.

Have you ever thought of mentoring young kids who have gone through the same things? Sometimes our healing can come directly through helping those who have the same things going on. You can turn this situation into a gift from God (which I believe He turns all of our bad into ways to help others) for someone else. Not all people have gone through this, so they can't really empathize like you could. I truly believe that God is going to use you to draw in these broken kids that are still blaming themselves for not being good enough ....and ultimately not being able to live up to these narcissist's expectations.

Sister, hold every thought captive unto the Lord. Ask Holy Spirit to help you with everything, including picking out your clothes in the morning.....I'm talking everything. "What do you want me to eat, Lord?" "What do you want me to watch on TV, Lord?" "Who do you want me to call, Lord?" Get Holy Spirit involved with the details.....to push the devil out of the details. If you're going 10 minutes and you haven't checked in with Holy Spirit.......don't wait a minute longer. I'm serious......set your watch to beep every 10 minutes.....check in with Holy Spirit ("I love you, do You have anything for me to do?"). It's time for you to undo the brainwash by getting Jesus' bloodwash. It's time to get a full blood replacement Jill....and get hooked up to a Jesus transfusion. So, check into the Holy Spirit Hospital, and get on a Holy Spirit drip for the rest of your life. You're precious and people, especially kids and adults who have gone through similar situations, need your testimony. You're beautiful.....thank you for surviving what you did, and not giving up on hope. You're an inspiration to me already. God bless you.

Christa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jill16 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:22 pm

Christa, thank you so much for all your loving encouragement and wisdom. I have had several others mention the theme about me helping others (either women or kids) who had backgrounds like mine. I also have not really called on God as often as you suggested EVER! Self-sufficiency, self-righteousness, self-pity, and all the other "selfs" are a big obstacle for me in my walk with God. You're really an inspiration and blessing to me!
Love in Christ,
Jill
flower

jill16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Christa on Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:28 pm

I think you're on your way to such success Jill. You have a very sweet spirit and God loves your sweet offerings to Him. Keep up the good work. God is making it all better....look towards your future, because it's SO bright! Blinding Blingage! :)

Love,

Christa

Christa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:50 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top