Boogy man?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Boogy man?!

Post by unaday* on Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:54 am

I had a dream that I was in my mother's walk in closet with the door closed. When i opened it an old family friend was standing outside. I screamed- she scared the living daylights out of me! I felt like she was a monster 'outside' of the closet. She then said "SHHH...it's just me!" then i recognized her. Then i realized that i was in my pjs! I was a bit embarassed..just a bit. She said - "look at you in your pjs - my daughter (in real life daugter is 30) is just outside and she is going to see you like that?" I quickly washed the booger out of my eyes lol. Then she went into my mom's closet and started to search frantically! Then her daughter came in to search also. I remember the presence of my brother there- but couldn't see him. I asked them what they were looking for. She was like-"your mother has some medicine that we need!"

End of dream

unaday*

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ofQmeao9I

Back to top Go down

Re: Boogy man?!

Post by Christa on Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:40 pm

"She was like-'your mother has some medicine that we need!'" - This part of your dream makes me think of that age old question, "What is the secret to having long and healthy relationships?" Like, your mom knows the secret. The funny thing is, people don't usually keep their medicine in closets....it's usually in the bathroom or in the kitchen. It's funny they were frantically digging in the closet. Closets can mean secrets.

I think that you were in your pj's because you are comfortable. Your mother's walk-in closet resembles the openness your mom has in regards to intimacy with people (you in particular). That's how I see it at least. Like your mom is just a welcoming person, open and not stuffy. You are naturally comfortable with her, she's your mom, which is why you were in the most comfortable clothes ever.....pj's.

I think that the old family friend is eager to find out your mom's secret to having a healthy relationship with her daughter (you). Maybe the old family friend has a less comfortable relationship with her daughter, which may be proven by the way she felt embarrassed for you .....because you were in your pjs while her daughter was just around the corner. Maybe the old family friend has not reached a level of comfortability to speak freely with her daughter the way you and your mom do, but they desperately want to know how to. I think the problem lies in the old family friend being too formal with her daughter in the past, instead of open and relaxed.

Just my take on it. Please pray on what I've said.

Christa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum