Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
newleaf

Defeating anxiety

I am cutting out coffee and asking God to help me overcome this. I am angry as it seems so stupid to be dealing with this-panic attacks and anxiety again.

Justblueskies, fear (as anxiety is..) opposes faith and it's an attack to undermine one's faith. Here are some thoughts as to what I do when I get harassed by fear/anxiety (which I've dealt with a lot in the past):
I had to release the fears (whatever they're about and whatever shape or size they come in:) and tell the enemy to back off in the mighty name of Jesus Christ our Deliverer! Then I'd confess to God that I (again) hadn't put my trust in Him, eventhough I thought I did... and renew the promise to Him to totally put my trust/confidence in Him, as HE is and always will be in CONTROL:-) , Control I've found is often a trigger for anxiety as we might feel and know that a lot of things are not within our control. This is where our faith in Jesus is so important. Faith that ALL is in God's hand and that He wants to give me peace. I found that every time I allowed even the remotest thought of fear into my mind and went along with that, I went down into all kinds of anxieties...and often I didn't realize it until it was too late and I'd be getting all frustrated about it. I started finding scriptures on fear and what the Word says about it. It's a spirit and that's why u know u can tell it to pack up and send it back to where it came from (2 Tim.1:7, For we have not been given a spirit of fear...) Then after I found the scriptures that were appropriate, I typed them up and stuck them on my office wall (where I spend a lot of time as I'm studying) where I could see them everyday. The reason I had to write them down was, that when I had an anxiety/fear thing happening, my mind almost got paralized (that's what fear/anxiety does) and u tend not to remember the appropriate scriptures. So, having them put up right in my face so to speak, the Word spoke to me when I needed it most and I would say it out loud, couple of times often until I could feel it ministering to me. This and what I said before about sending the fears back to the enemy I've found were/are the best anxiety eliminators for me. I'm sure this would work in the car/wallet/toilet wall/bedroom, wherever u need them.. Some scriptures (ampl.bible) that have ministered to me are;
* The Lord is on my side, I will NOT fear. What can man do to me? Psalm 118:6
* For God did not give me a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a calm and well-balanced mind(a sound mind) and discipline and self-control. 2 Tim.1:7
* So I take comfort and am encouraged and confidently and boldly say, the Lord is my Helper; I will not be seized with alarm (I will not fear or dread or be terrified). What can man do to me?
* I have strength for all things in Chirst Who empowers me. (Phil.4:13)
* Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants know to God. And God's PEACE, which transcends all understanding, shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. (Phil.4:6-7)
I pray this is of help to u.
God bless you and give you PEACE!!!!!!!

Traveller