Carry-on luggage:

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Carry-on luggage:

Post by knight63 on Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:58 pm

Like most of my dreams, I remember only bits and pieces and maybe later on, I remember more. This one involves a prominent prophetic minister, and two co-workers (i work at a ministry). I ran out of some main entrance to a big facility, but I was in a hurry because they were leaving soon and I was running out the prophetic minister's luggage supposedly. He was driving the vehicle that was a Chevy suburban. I cannot remember if the color was beige or white, probably white. One of the co-workers was behind the minister in the SUV after I loaded the luggage. It was a few black bags but as I put them in the back, the co-worker said those were not luggage but rather the minister's carry-on so I had to put them near the front where the co-worker was now sitting. Interestingly enough, one of the carry-ons turned into one of the traveling coolers that i use on trips.

All the doors were open to the SUV except the front passenger side in which the other co-worker was seated. That included the hatch and all the other doors were open. And the pressure was on to go. I was loading the cooler/carry-ons to the co-worker seated behind the minister and i was explaining that I was sorry and I was trying to get into the swing of things again, since it’s been a while. As I shut the co-workers door and then went to shut the minister's door and I said, “Have a safe trip!” And He replied, “We will.” So I shut
the door and began walking back to the entrance.

I also remember as I was talking to the co-worker while giving him the cooler earlier, a small voice said, “Are you coming, or get in?” I cannot remember fully. I can also remember looking at the person in the passenger’s side up front. It could have been me? The dream felt so real though!

Let me know what you think,

Knight63

knight63

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Carry-on luggage:

Post by Halo on Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:59 pm

Well......Knight of the round table....I too am a ministry. I'm gonna tell what I know and not what I think from experience with humility in mind. The Luggage of Life....Haven't you known to pick up a few bags?? Odds are, you did this morning. Somewhere between the first steps on the floor and the last step out the door, you grabbed some luggage. You stepped over to the baggage carousel and loaded up. The courasel is not the one in the airport; it's the one in the mind. And the bags we grab are not made of leather; they're made of burdens. Oooohhhh the suitcase of guilt. The trunk of discontent. A backpack of anixiety and a hanging bag of grief. Add on a briefcase of perfectionism, an overninght bag of loneliness, and a diffle bag of fear. No wonder we are so tired at the end of the day. Where do we turn to for help? How about looking to an old friend, the twenty-third Psalm...Useing these verses as a guide is a helpful inventory of our burdens. May God use this Psalm to remind you to release the burdens you were never ment to bear. If we as Christians will lay aside ever weight that so easily besets us, we can run this race with patiences that is set before us, Amen. Looking unto our co-laborer {Jesus Christ} the author and finisher of our Faith. Sometimes we become heavy-laden when we as Christians should be traveling light. God Bless~

Sister Halo

Halo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jwhita on Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:24 am

Hi knight,

I'm just examining the symbols here, and this is what I see. The leader is moving, going, active, and the 2 co-workers are going right aloang with him. But you are bearing the burdens , the "luggage". Sounds like a Mary-martha thing. But one of the bags turned into one of your coolers, and a voice seemed to ask if you were coming. The others were seated, and it could juts as well have been you. I think halo had a point about burdens, and I think the Lord is encouraging you to be more involved in ministry and less concerned with the administrative details. Does any of this ring true?

jwhita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by knight63 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:48 pm

I have asked someone close to me about this dream as well and they thought the symbolism of the carry-on was in fact a burden as well. But the good thing he did say was that carry-ons are lighter than luggage. He was also seeing my burdens as small mindsets and i agree with you about getting more involved in ministry. I am in a season of purging along with everyone else that i know so that could be a factor of some luggage.

jwhita, i was wondering what you think about the carry-on changing into a cooler? I think the luggage is intimidation and maybe fear because i feel that i am no where near this leader or the team he has with him, that is why i put it in the back, maybe because of comparison and unworthiness that is why its in the end and not the front/middle of the SUV. It was great dream and would be a dream come true because i love this man of God, dearly.

knight63

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:16 am

Knight63,

I have to agree with Sister Halo here. Luggage is something we carry that weights us down. The Lord told us to cast all our cares on him so we would not be weighted down with life's troubles but be free to run the race before us. We get up each day and before our feet are on the floor we have already started thinking about the problems that face us during the day. Jesus died so that we may live and live more abundantly. He died that we may live and live to the full. Can I get an amen! He specifically asked us to cast our cares on him. Why do you suppose that is. Because he knew that we would try to carry all the burden of the world on our tiny little shoulders and guess what....that does not work very well. There is just to much to carry. We then become troubled by life and are no longer concentrating on our life's walk with Him or on the destiny He has plannd for us. I pray this is of help.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jwhita on Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:19 am

I think the luggage turning into one of your coolers was an encouragment. A cooler carries refreshemnt for you, and in this case it specifically points to being more involved in the ministry, not being bogged down or left behind. Since you were carrying other people's luggage, it makes me think it's soemone elses burdens you're getting stuck with, or that the others are letting you bear the resposibilties and going for the "ministry" things, the more up-front and exciting work. I don't know what your life is like, but this is what I see. And I've been there too, so involved in all the details and support that I felt like I was lost in it all and being ineffective in ministry. Of course, support services are ministries too, but maybe they aren't your primary calling. Pray about it, you don't want to sound like Martha, but you obviously want to be more involved in other aspects of ministry.

jwhita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by knight63 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:15 am

Yes. Thank you and i definitely do not want to sound like a Martha. In all honesty, i have never had so many tests from the Lord in two weeks than in my entire life. It's really good because when i pass the tests i grow faster than taking a test again or a long term test, if you know what i mean. Thank you for your input about the cooler, and i was also wondering about the luggage not being mine and i think you answered that thoroughly.

My heart right now is, i have been have five years of bible college training and i work at a manual labor job at the church for almost four years and i see leaders positioned and speaking and doing the part of the ministry i yearn to be apart of. Its hard at times but someday i will have my shot at showing what i am really meant to do for the Lord.

Thanks again,

Knight63

knight63

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jwhita on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:00 am

I set up equipment for crusades in India and Sri Lanka for years and years. That meant packing , unpacking, repairing, moving stuff thousands of miles on bad roads or trains, sleeping on the ground more often than not. I helped start a work in Pakistan/Afghanistan that involved years of hard physical labor and living in refugee camps. We used to say as a joke, "there's a lot of hard physical work involved in preaching the gospel" but it's completely true. Someone has to do that stuff. But it doesn't mean God's forgotton about us or that the ones up on stage are somehow better than we are. In many cases, they have thier reward. But ours will come, because Jesus is good. Hang un there, don't let the enemy lie to you, and let's ask God if there is something to learn here or something holding us back.

jwhita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by knight63 on Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:23 am

Thanks.

knight63

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:08 am

Sponsored content