Hail made of salt

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hail made of salt

Post by butterfly on Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:17 am

What can hail symbolize?

I dreamt that hail was falling, it was made of salt.

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hail made of salt

Post by lola21st on Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:57 am

Just a thought, and of course this depends on the context of the dream...

Hail is frozen rain and can hurt and be dangerous, especially if the hail pellets are large. It being made of salt in your dream made me think of Matthew 5 (You are the salt of the world....) but if the salt hurts, that's not necessarily good either.

Long winded way of saying that the hail could represent forceful exhortation on the positive end or that kind of overbearing evangelism/witnessing, i.e., telling someone the exact or the equivalent of "You're going to burn in hell for your sins unless you repent!" While true, there's no Good News in that, and people who are approached in that manner rather than with the love and light of Christ aren't going to receive what has been told to them....their hardened hearts are more likely to stay hardened....

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly on Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:44 pm

Thanks Lola

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halo on Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:18 pm

Butterfly~ I am long winded...lol. Therefore I will own up to that!! To take this salt issue deeper pertaining to what Lola stated, I would likt to shed some more light on the subject only as an edifying and exortation that might be of help to you and others as well. In the book of Matt. 5:13, Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savor (flavor), wherewith (by what) shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. This scripture is called a "Beatitude" along with the next scripture in Matt. 5:14-16, therefore making them "Beatitudes". The Beatitudes are followed by a summery statement of the basic character of the Christian's life as salt and light. Ye are the salt of the earth: Again the phrase "ye are" indicates that only the genuinely born-again person is salt and can help meet the needs of the word. Salt adds flavoring, acts as a perservative, melts coldness {as lola had stated}, and heals wounds, create thurst. Thus it is very approperiate description of the beliver in his relationship to the world in which he lives. Matt. 5:14-16, Ye are the light of the world, A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid. 15, Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and in the house. 16, Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and gloryify your father which is in heaven. Ye are the light of the world
describes the essential mission the Christian to the world. He is the
condition {salt} to meet the world's needs and he has a mission
{light} to the world. His light is to clearly shine forth into the
darkness of human depravity. He is to set his light upon a
candlestick, not hide it under a bushel, that is a basket. Darkness is the absance of light; and darkness alone cannot dispel the light, but the smallest light can dispel the greatest darkness. When we look at verse 17 in Matt. Having laid the foundation of the message in the summery statements of the Beautitudes, Jesuse now proceeds to show the superiority of His message to that of the law of Mosses. Do you fill like the Lord is fulfilling some things in your life pertaining to the spiritual intentions of the Heart, perhaps to use you (season you) in these latter days? Often at times we as Christians needs to shake ourselves to see where we need the salt applied in our lives, I know I do.....and most certainly...let our light shine in dark places to individuals in the world. When the Lord season's the inner parts, it show's on the outward, Amen. It is all part of his perfect plan and will in our lives as his children.

God Bless You My Sister,
Sister Halo

Halo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:48 am

I totally agree with Sister Lola and Sister Halo. Can't add one word to any of that.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly on Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:50 am

Thanks Halo and Dove-Solutions. God has been recently dealing with me about a few things in my life. This has been a particulary rough period.

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halo on Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:41 pm

Butterfly~ I would like to sincerly think you at this time for all the posting you post on various things...it is a blessing to me. I loved the Christmas card (site) that you posted, it blessed me right good!! I passed it on to my mom and some other lady's in our church...they loved it!!!!!

~If we as Christians never experience any rough periods, our faith will not grow.......your going through groweing-pains. I will be here praying for you. Love ya Sister, Halo

Halo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly on Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:43 pm

You're welcome Halo , I love that card too, it's the best Christmas card I have seen in a long time.

Thanks for praying for me, I definitely need all the prayers I can get. Love ya too Halo

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:21 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top