Touched While Walking

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Touched While Walking

Post by Paul RT on Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:41 am

I was riding a pushbike then walking along a narrow path that was steep and fenced on either side that went up a hill then down and around to the left. As I walked along I kept on passing a lot of women in groups. A number of them were wearing some type of uniform that was pale blue/green.
As I walked past one group they were doing health checks. One of these women noticed that I had a small injury on my right cheekbone. I responded that I was OK and that it was only an injury from playing squash.
I then passed a Vivian Davidson who is a professional counsellor and whom I knew from some years ago from my former church in Sydney. We smiled and exchanged greetings but I kept on walking.
In the background I could hear the following song:

“Hear our prayer
Spirit, come
How I long for
Your sweet touch.

On my knees
I cry out
Jesus, Savior
Behold your child.

Chorus
Like a deer longing for water
My soul yearns;
Only you can fill my deep hunger
My heart burns
My heart burns.

Oceans deep
Mountains high
O my God, I cannot live without your love;
I cannot live without your love.”

Last edited by Paul RT on Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:08 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Remembered more detail)

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Touched While Walking

Post by Peter Odhiambo on Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:44 pm

Paul,
The scripture that comes to my mind Is Isaiah 6,
The more clearly one sees the Lord, the more clearly he sees how bad his state is.
To me the women here may symbolize the work of the spirit that acts as a mirror to make you concious of certain shortcomings which you might have been overlooking in some way,yet the holy spirit wants to Convict and Cleanse.
I like the way God ministers to you through songs in your dreams.Going by the chorus are you of late feeling hunger and thirst for the things of the spirit.
2 Corinthians 3:18
18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.

Be blessed.
Amen.

Peter Odhiambo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul RT on Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:10 am

Hmmmm I received some recent criticism from my grownup daughter, making unfavourable comparisons between me and my mother. I asked my wife and she tended to agree!
I'll take it onboard and see if it really is correction from the Lord or not.

Thanks Peter

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul RT on Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:17 am

PS: I'm hoping the interpretation means that I'm to trust in what God thinks of me, and not what others think. That has been an issue that God spoke to me about some years ago.
I was reading some sermon notes this morning from a talk that really touched me last year. In it the following passage was quoted:
“But the LORD said to Samuel, Don’t judge by his appearance or height, for I have rejected him. The LORD doesn’t see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.” 1 Sam. 16:7 (NLT)

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Odhiambo on Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:24 am

Paul I am happy with that revelation,
The critical thing is not only what you think about God but also what you think about yourself in terms of how He sees you. Your identity has to be confessed to God: “This is who I am.”
When the Holy Spirit puts His finger on parts of your life that are no longer appropriate, you get to stand before the Lord.

The Holy Spirit only puts His finger on stuff that He wants to
exchange for a gift. God will never put His finger on you without having a gift in view. That’s Agape love!!
The enemy is unconsciously helping the Lord. So when the enemy comes along and acuses you of something, then you know its time of an exchange.

When God puts His finger on things in our life, it’s time for
GIFTS!We start to learn about our true identity in Jesus.
You don’t become a new person by changing your behaviour. You discover the person you already are in Christ and you start to behave accordingly.The Holy Spirit is the Comforter and the Spirit of Truth. They go together –the Holy Spirit will never tell you the Truth without giving you a hug!To grow in the Spirit we need to see ourselves as God sees us.Not as others see us,I agree.

Be blessed.

Peter Odhiambo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:21 am

You don’t become a new person by changing your behaviour. You discover the person you already are in Christ and you start to behave accordingly.

That's a powerful word! thumbs

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul RT on Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:17 pm

Thanks Peter

Paul RT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:47 am