Is This Mine...or.....Yours?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is This Mine...or.....Yours?

Post by Whitestone on Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:39 pm

"IS THIS MINE OR YOURS?"

In the visions of the night I found myself walking up before the Lord carrying something in my hands.

I looked at what I was carrying and it was a particular form of ministry.
(Kinda like feeding the poor is a ministry)

As I approached the Lord, I laid the ministry down at his feet and then stepped back. "Is this mine or yours?" The Lord said.

I was taken back by this and began to describe to the Lord how I was serving the Lord in this particular form of ministry and that how much it was helping His people. I went on and on for quite some time explaining and justifying how that this ministry was doing a great work for Him.

The longer I rambled in justifying this work, I began to see that the ministry that I was saying was His, was actually looking more like mine and less like His. The longer I went on, the worse it got till I could only say. "Lord, this ministry is mine and not yours."

Instantly at that moment, the Lord consumed my ministry! Gone, nothing left!

Well, after being shocked at seeing something I had worked so hard at totally consumed I began to walk away only to see myself coming again with another ministry.

Well, this went on and on. Ministry after ministry was consumed.

All He would say was "Is this mine or yours?" And each time I would talk about that ministry until I could no longer say it was His.

Finally I brought a particular ministry with me and placed it also at His
Feet.

Again the Lord said "Is this mine or yours?"

Well, with this ministry I knew that it was not mine. The fact that I was still involved with it was convincing proof that it was indeed His. This ministry was a very frustrating ministry. Many untold hours had been invested into what seemed to yield so little. I was very aggressive with my answer to the Lord. I reminded Him of all the trials and troubles I had had with it and that only through much prayer and seeking Him was I able to do the work. I said, “Yes Lord, this one is yours!” and stepped back to see if the Lord would consume this one also.

Well, time went by and nothing happened. I kept looking to see the ministry consumed like the others but nothing happened. It just lay there before the Lord just as I had placed it.

As I thought on things, and after a lot of soul searching, I felt that the only thing I could do at this point was to lay myself down at His feet and if the Lord consumed me, that was what needed to happen. I walked up to the Lord and lay before His feet.

Well, much time went by and nothing happened. I was laying there wondering if I was about to be consumed but nothing seemed to happen.

Finally I stood upon my feet and turned to see the Lord smiling. He stretched forth His hands and said, " You are mine also!" and the dream was over.

Let me encourage you to lay your ministries down at the feet of the Lord. Allow the Lord to show you what you should keep and what you should lay aside.

Don’t be discouraged by what you see or at the difficulty in accomplishing the work. When you are weak, He is strong!

God wants us to be totally dependant on Him for the results of that work. He wants us to surely know and understand that the ministry is His and that we have been chosen to fulfill that ministry in His strength.

He would never have involved you in that ministry unless His plan was for you to be the one to accomplish His will in reaching His people.

Let all works be judged by the Holy One and let all that is ours be consumed into nothingness.

The Lord says to you……”Is this mine or yours?”

Jon

Whitestone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is This Mine...or.....Yours?

Post by One Door on Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:06 pm

Hello Jon,

I loooovvvvvveeeeeee this!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing.

One Door

View user profile http://lcbspear@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:29 am

Awesome!! Thanks for sharing Jon.

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HeatherOnia on Tue May 24, 2011 1:41 pm

bravo!!

HeatherOnia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by piano on Wed May 25, 2011 8:44 pm

Striking..and lovely.

piano

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Thu May 26, 2011 5:38 am

Thank you Piano,

I needed that. We lay everything else before him and we need to lay that down at his feet as well. I think we forget that from time to time. Sometimes I think we take on ministry that is not what God wants and therefore we get side tracked and don't spend the time we need on the one he has for us to work on. Thereby not giving it its due attention. Then we get tired and we give up. We are working in our own power and not his. Great post.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by renaemrgn on Thu May 26, 2011 6:56 am

Great post!!!

renaemrgn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:11 pm

Sponsored content