Gymnastics Meet

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gymnastics Meet

Post by aliveforjesus on Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:03 am

I had this dream last night, after fervently praying that the Lord gives me discernment to KNOW His Spirit's leading ...I took a gymanstics class, and I was confused by this as I do not have a background in gymnastics..(always wanted to take gymnastics as a child though)..we learned the routine and I did not know it well and did not believe I had the talent to even be in the class..we then had a meet and I was told to perform the routine..I was trained to do the routine on the balance beam, which completely freaked me out- was afraid to fall..the balance beam was light blue and before the meet I complained that I would not be able to remember the routine...I was very much out of my league of expertise..Any ideas on this?
Thank you all!

aliveforjesus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gymnastics Meet

Post by RnestseekR on Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:54 am

Did you actually get around to doing the routine in the dream?

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aliveforjesus on Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:58 am

no! I was apprehensive in the dream before the meet, then I woke up..

aliveforjesus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:04 am

This is an initial impression, not an interpretation, OK? My initial impression is that perhaps you have a perfectionistic personality? And/or a fear of failure. I don't know a whole lot about gymnastics, but my daughter takes gymnastics and as a mother, there have been many times that my heart has been overcome when they advance my daughter on an apparatus that I do not think she is ready for. But even though she is not ready to conquer that apparatus, she is developing muscles and becoming stronger when she falls and pulls herself back up. She learns to keep her balance by losing her balance.
OK, apply that to your life. Are you being asked to take on a new role that you feel completely uncomfortable in? Do you need to learn competence by failing? Or at least trying even though you are uncomfortable. We don't know based on the end of the dream what the outcome will be of you stepping out into this uncharted territory. Perhaps it is something (teaching a Sunday School class, leading a bible study, setting up a food pantry ministry, etc) that has caught your interest in some way but been a fleeting idea and dismissed. Just like gymnastics were something you thought about as a child but did not actually do. So even though you do not know the outcome, you do know that coaches will stand by, they will teach you and then release you to try on your own. God never sends us out on our own. He goes with us. He also usually sends physical, tangible help and teachers. You won't know how well you can do until you try!

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:22 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top