cruise ship

View previous topic View next topic Go down

cruise ship

Post by RnestseekR on Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:19 pm

Thoughts on what repetitive dreams about cruise ships could mean. I think I have an idea, but would like confirmation. All ideas welcome.

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: cruise ship

Post by Halo on Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:12 pm

Rnestseek~ A cruise ship or ships are often translated as the Church, because it is dealing with a large sect of people contained in the same vessel. We often see this also with Large air crafts aswell. Hope this helps.

Sincerly, Halo

Halo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:09 pm

Thanks Halo. Any other thoughts??? I had thought of the church or ministry, but I can't make any sense of it. I had a zap of revelation a couple of nights ago that this could be the gift of hospitality, especially since my husband and I are in a lot of the dreams together. We both have the gift of hospitality. What do you think?

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:12 pm

It could be, depends on its context within the dream...can you share more?

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halo on Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:43 pm

Well.....first of all hospitality is not a gift...In 1 Cor. 12, we find the 9 gifts plus one listed. Now, in these dreams you and your husband are together...this often is refered to as "one will compliment the other.'' Hospitality is the warm reception of guests or strangers. Perhaps the hospitality that you two are shareing with others is being translated as Love. It takes Love in individiduals to work together for the body of Christ. It is important that we welcome each guest and stranges with an open invite.....great them with a smile and invite them back. The Lord knows who to send that compels them with Love that is warm and inviteing.

Sister Halo

Halo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:30 am

Halo: I guess you and I could sit here and split hairs over whether that is a spiritual gift or not - in fact, lists of what are the spiritual gifts and what are not have split denominations and churches. Let me just say this then so we don't waste time arguing over things that even the theologians can't seem to agree on: I think I find it easier to open my home and ENJOY a great deal having people in my home than others. Same could be said of others who are especially strong with mercy -some find it much easier and are more blessed to extend mercy than others. Even though in the bible we are absolutely instructed to do both. I absolutely understand your statement about not recognizing hospitality as a spiritual gift and why, but I do not want to waste energy and risk losing peace over this as it is not the point of what I am trying to figure out. Good?
Ummm - as far as context of the dreams, there have been SO MANY. In most, I am on a cruise ship with either my husband or my whole family (I rarely dream about them, especially not all together), and the ship goes through a lock in a canal, it tilts drastically as it goes over a spill out - like a dam at the end of a lake??? Different versions of that. Also had some where the ship is running into shallows waters, but suddenly develops wheels or something along those lines and never actually runs aground. I have seen a map of going around the penninsula of a land - looked like South America but felt like Central America/Eastern Caribbean and then morphs & ages into a very ancient map and we are going along the shore line on the Pacific side of what is labeled Russia (except in reality, that's where Korea is). That was a particularly strong dream w/ vivid sepia toned colors and lots of light. In one dream only, my husband and I were like 007 agents trying to break into the engine/engineering/navigating room.
Background about me: I am an RN. I don't think I have a call on my life for missions, although my brother is currently in India doing missionary work. The countries he has served in have never come on my dream radar, just my prayer radar. I HATE the sensation of falling, so going over the dam - in a cruise ship - causes me cling to the ship very hard. I have seen myself clinging to the mast as we rush downward. We have a bible study that meets in our home. It's a newer group, about 9 months old. We meet in our home b/c the church is out of room to meet there - all the rooms are occupied. My husband and I lead that as well. I don't have as much of an ability to teach as I do to facility and encourage/exhort/admonish beleivers to keep growing. Current worries (I KNOW - I'm supposed to cast all the cares on him!!!) are financial as we have been hit really hard by medical bills. But God has provided me with extra work days & other sources to help there. My husband is heavily involved in the children's ministry at our church, which is building a new building just for kids ministries. I help there when needed, but it's not my passion. I volunteer in the coffee house at church and love that - I get to meet a lot of first time attenders and touch base with people I don't otherwise get to see. I actually am not fond of coffee! I like to serve, wherever.
Any insight would be appreciated. These cruise ship dreams are becoming quite common. And, as I am typing this, I realize thay aren't about the journey, except in the one with the map. They are about being onboard the ship -a lot of interactions with the staff. I have been on 3 cruises - '97, '01 and '08. No plans for any cruising in the near future. No plans for vacation. No plans for changing church ministry.
Thanks for putting some prayer and thought into this. I have prayed about it and the only thing I got was the one zap about hospitality. Clueless!!! I've not been posting them. I still have a lot of difficulty deciphering what is a flesh dream and what is God-directed. These dreams are strong and vivid. The color change in the one especially caught my attention. Thanks again!

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halo on Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:12 pm

I see you more clearly now.....The zap of hospitality and ship go hand and hand with one-another pertaining to ''stewardship''.
Good stewards of God's grace...is found in the book of 1 Pet. 4:8-11, And above all things have feverant charity (Love) among yourselves: for charity shall cover a multitude of sins. 9. Use ''hospitality'' one to another without grudging. (just bare with me, I'm going somewhere with this) 10. As every man has received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. 11. If any man speak, let him speak the orcles (utterness) of God; If any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. Hospility is translated in these scriptures as to what position you and your husband has been placed in concering the ''gift'' that is mentioned in verse 10....verse 10 will take you to 1 Tim. 3:2, A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant (temperate), sober (sober-minded), of good behavior, given to hospitality, apt (able) to teach. The zap of Hsopitality was the Lord speaking to you on the gift in verse 10.....which is in 1 Cor. 12....''teaching'' being placed in stewardship with the charity of Love. Every ship has to have a steward....this ship is the church.....Congratulations !!!!!! The contents of your dream gave you away, Amen. Teaching is Leadership. Is this the map you were trying to disern out....this is the direction that the Lord is taking you in. I will be here if you need me. God Bless and welcome aboard.

In Love, Sister Halo

Halo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:09 pm

Ahhh - Halo - STEWARDSHIP!!!! OK! I see that. that rings with my prayer life and my inner spirit. So excited over that insight that I haven't even finished reading what else you wrote. THANK YOU! Will get to reading the rest now!

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:26 pm

I'm responding as I am reading. We had bible study tonight. Guess what we studied??? 1 Peter 4 and 5!!! WOW!

Last edited by RnestseekR on Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:30 pm

Halo - HELP! I am not sure I fully grasped what you were saying. Are you saying stepping up in leadership of our church? Or stepping up in teaching? Leadership - maybe. My husband has 1:1 mentoring w/ our pastor in RE: to leadership training. In fact, he just finished that year-long mentoring this past week. But I don't really see formal leadership except in our small group. Can you try again - I got lost in the scripture jumps. I will go back and flesh out in my bible the string of these scriptures and see what else comes to light. Thank you again!

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halo on Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:55 pm

I'm here......

Halo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:15 am

Sponsored content