MY FATHER KISSED ME IN PUBLIC

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MY FATHER KISSED ME IN PUBLIC

Post by kellsy2004 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:43 am

Hi fellow dreamers,had a dream a couple of night ago.I was in a party of some sort with lots of people,food,plates,i even remembers seeing spoons...then i sat on table,and my father walked towards me and gave me a kiss on the lips,i was hesitant about it even though i knew he wanted to show his affection for me.what does it mean?

kellsy2004

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: MY FATHER KISSED ME IN PUBLIC

Post by Peter Odhiambo on Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:55 am

My thoughts,
Yes your dad is showing to you affection of some sorts and the fact that you are around table may show some bonding.Perhaps you can start by telling how your relationship with your dad is.Do you get along well ?I may ask if they is an issue that makes you disagree with him and the two have different views but he comes out in love as a father to show you direction but you are hesitant.

pray about it.

Peter Odhiambo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jwhita on Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:51 pm

Sometimes our old man's reaction to symbols in dreams is just that, our old man's reaction. Feeling odd about that sort of affection from your earthly father would be a normal soulish reaction after all. Sometimes we have to step back and look at the symbols themselves more closely. Identify the main ones and then look at the dream again. It might make things more clear. It may be your Heavenly Father sending you a bit of encouragement.

jwhita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kellsy2004 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:53 am

thanks peter and jwhita.My father and i are not very close because i do disagree with him on a lot of issues.the truth is i don't even want to be that close to him,but could ''my father'' in the dream be symbolic of God the father like jwhita said?

kellsy2004

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dewick on Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:37 am

I believe this is a picture of the banquet table that our heavenly Father has prepared for us. He is the one who kissed you, to show His extreme love for you. Maybe it would help for you to read Song of Solomon. Our Father is our Father, Husband, Best Friend, Saviour, Redeemer...He is everything. And you are His beloved! HalleluYah! Shalom, dewick

dewick

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jwhita on Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:44 am

Hi Kelly, I see two
possible meanings, and they are not mutually exclusive. One, your
father really does love you and wants to be closer, which is highly
likely. I'm a father and would gladly bleed to be closer to any of my
children. Second, and very surely true, your heavenly Father loves you
and invites you to holy intimacy with Him. The "party" shows joy,
communion, and fellowship too. All in all a good dream and an
invitation, and an encouragement to pray for and seek reconciliation
too. God bless you sister.

jwhita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:20 am

I agree with all of the above in that I think there is a dual meaning...

When I read your dream, I too thought of the banquet table that the Lord has prepared for us and that He was happy to see you there and was inviting you. His kiss is a kiss of affection and two scriptures regarding affection came to mind:

1 Chronicles 29:3
Moreover, because I have set my affection on the house of my God, I have given to the house of my God, over and above all that I have prepared for the holy house, my own special treasure of gold and silver

Philippians 1:8
For God is my witness, how greatly I long for you all with the affection of Jesus Christ.

Your initial resistance may represent a trust issue - you indicated that you and your IRL father aren't on the best of terms. Sometimes when we have a history of issues with our IRL fathers those dynamics can play out in our relationship with our Heavenly Father - can we really trust and depend on Him? will He at some point let us down? Are His motives proper and pure? Will He really love us unconditionally and encourage us or will He only find fault with us?

I think that this is what the dream is about - not just an invitation to grow closer to Him but also an invitation to be healed of those things that may be getting in the way of growing into a closer relationship with Him. How marvelous that the Creator is reaching out to you to show you His love and for you and His desire to grow closer to you! Awesome!

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kellsy2004 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:32 am

wow everyone! thanks soooo much.you are sooo right.the dual interpretation makes perfect sense to me.Thank you God.Stay blessed lola21st,jwhit,dewick...God bless you all.

kellsy2004

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:41 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top