HAIR, I need a revelation!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HAIR, I need a revelation!!!

Post by hind'sfeet on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:13 pm

My hair is down to my mid booty, and blonde. I am very reluctant to cut my hair because I've had long since highschool and it grows super slow. I am dying for a cute hair cut but I don't know what God wants me to do with it. I've been asking friends and family and other Christians for several years now "to cut, or not to cut" I have not gotten an inspired answer yet. One of my friends begs me to not cut my hair and my siblings are like 'I'll take you to my hairstylist and get you a short cute cut'. I'm so torn. I never let my hair down and always have it in a nice sophisticated type bun with a nice part. Someone at church once told me that they love my bun, I love my bun too but no one else has ever told me.
I just want to do what God wants me to do with it. I need surety and peace.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: HAIR, I need a revelation!!!

Post by hind'sfeet on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:14 pm

I failed to mention that I've asked God too, and either He did reply and I missed the reply, or he has not replied.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:45 am

Well, in my opinion, in comes down to what YOU want to do. To ask others what THEY think what you should do will make you more confused...like now. God has given us freedom and choice. God doesn't always speak in a voice...a lot of times He speaks through our desires.

I had very long hair as well...just like my avatar. It wasn't as long as yours, but it was long for me...mid back below bra strap. Around the beginning of December, I desired a change in my look. I didn't ask anyone's permission or advice, I just made my appointment and did it. I cut my hair in the cutest bob style. I've always liked the cut, but I didn't want to do it because everyone decided to cut their hair that way last year so I didn't do it. Now that the style has somewhat gone "out of style", I went on and did it. Most people don't like it because they prefer me with long hair, but my desire to be ME outweighs the opinions of others.

It all boils down to you Hindsfeet. Do what is in your heart to do. I have seen in the past where people who have grown their hair as long as you, have a hard time letting go of their hair. It's more like a security thing. Maybe try to figure out if there is an underlying reason why you have hung on to your hair for so long and move on from there. No matter what your choice is...You are beautiful!!!

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kimdelacreme on Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:24 am

God says, he wants to give you the desires of your heart. Its your choice. Cut long & see if you like it? If not you can always cut more off. Plus, since you wear it in a bun, its like you have short hair already. If you have long hair & don't wear it down then your not even enjoying the benefit of your long hair. ha! I'm just reasoning with you. ha!

kimdelacreme

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:58 pm

Chollette, you are right that there is a big reason I don't cut it is because I get a lot of compliments and stares when I do leave it down.
But other than that I don't get much attention.

Kim, the reason I don't leave it down is because it is Very wavy (tight waves that almost curl) but I brush it out when it's wet to take most of the wave out. If I don't then it is Very hard to brush. With the waves out it makes my hair Full of body and people think that my hair is thick when in reality it is not thick at all. When I take it out of the bun in front of someone they are always shocked at how long it is because of how small my bun is in relation to the length. I'd be in big trouble with my hair type if my hair was really as thick as it looks.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:24 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top