Awkward homosexual dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Awkward homosexual dream

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:01 pm

Had this dream right before my dream about braiding a guy's hair who looked 'girlie' and decided to post.

Went into this little bread/pastry shop and asked a young black woman at the counter if the store sold blueberry muffins (which are my favorites! ). She said 'yes' and told me they were $2. I saw a former math teacher of mine and another teacher go into another shop called "Compassion Passion", a place where homosexuals could mingle and feel welcomed. My teacher was resting his head lovingly on the other man. I didn't want the muffin now for some reason, I was turned off. I just didn't agree with what was going on in the shop.

Side note: I do have a gay roommate and maybe God could be continuously encouraging me to have compassion on her and show love.

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Awkward homosexual dream

Post by hind'sfeet on Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:56 pm

I grew up with VERY conservative traditional christian minded guardian (he is married to my mom but I never allowed him to adopt me) who he was always spewing hateful unloving condemning judgmental things about gay people and at the time I had two gay aunts whom I was very fond of. Now I only have one.

A lot of gay people might deny having been abused or neglected/abandoned but they all were. Maybe not abused but def. neglected by a father or mother and depending on whether they are a man or woman you will know who they were neglected/abandoned by the same sex parent.
God will meet your roommate where she is at. They can be saved without having to FIRST become straight. That is the lesson I learned through a dear aunt who taught me the truth of grace and mercy and the cross. Thing is that I'm so imperfect and I was abused and neglected and I have ADD!!! What a thing to go through growing up except when I was growing up I was just treated as though I were an idiot who couldn't learn anything right. If anyone needs grace and mercy it's me and I sure cannot could not stop my imperfection to become saved because if I could then that would beat the whole point of grace and mercy and the cross. Once she is saved then the Holy Spirit will lead her into All Truth and healing.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:47 pm

I agree with what you've said about jesus "meeting us where we are". What a powerful testimony! It has been challenging not to press my views on her but I'm SURE it has been done before, so I want to take a different route!

Keep me lifted up in prayer!
Thanks for your response and keep holding on nomatter what!
Desiree

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:31 pm

Desiree, you said 'I do have a gay roommate and maybe God could be continuously encouraging me to have compassion on her and show love.' I think you hit the nail on the head there:-)

She might already have an opinion on christians (and their opinions:-) but she might have never seen Jesus' mercy. I agree with Hindsfeet that there's usually a deep hurt (neglect,abandonment,etc) and i believe that's often been the opening for homosexuality to get a foot/stronghold in their lives.
What would Jesus do?
He spent time with sinners, ate with them, and showed mercy to them and through that, the Healing they needed. Matt.9:10-13
Your flatmate needs His Love&mercy&compassion without condemnation to be shown, through you! What a job! But also what an honour! I'll pray for you that God will shine His Light through you onto your flatmate! And for her salvation!

traveller

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:40 pm

Amen to that traveller!!

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:44 pm

That's really cool Desiree that God has put you in that position to not only learn more about grace and mercy for yourself but also to show grace and mercy to someone he loves who is lost and in that to also lead them to Christ!!

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kimdelacreme on Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:31 am

I agree with everyone else. They (Gays) will be won by our LOVE of one another. She is watching to see if you truly walk- the- walk of being a Christian or is it in title only. Show her Jesus everyday. Condemnation will shut her down & then you won't have the Grace needed to win her to Christ. Keep on Keepin on Kim

kimdelacreme

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by unaday* on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:56 am

Hey Desiree
The last dream was Gentle Treatment and this dream Compassion Passion. Obviously having compassion does not mean to compromise the belief but it may help you witness Jesus Christ to your roommate. You possibly have a ministry for homosexuals

unaday*

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ofQmeao9I

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:12 am

You possibly have a ministry for homosexuals

Wow Unaday, that is something that I really didn't think about!! I do love encouraging and inspiring women in general, never did I think that that would include lesbians (sorry if that sounds offensive). I thought that this dream definitely confirms that I need to have 'compassion'. And you're right, I won't compromise my beliefs but I will continue to pray for her and walk in love because that's how the world knows we belong to Christ anyone by showing love!

Smooches to all and thanks for the responses!
Desiree

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamert00 on Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:03 pm

Desiree, maybe now is the time to put your ministry into work and keep Bishop Eddie Long, as well as the Plaintiffs in prayer. We do know at least three have claimed to sleep with the Bishop which means they are homosexuals. So many people will suffer at this ordeal, yet God is able to save, heal, deliver, and set ALL free.

Dreamert00

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:21 pm

i herda tradjik story of a funeral of a gay man an all his frends who turned up 2 say goodbye,, they asked 4 scriptures 2 be read out ,, they wer lookin 4 gods love rite then an ther,, the pasta did read 4 them then realised how desperate they wer 2 find gods love dispite ther sexual orientation,, tha pasta was deeply moved by this ,,an decided 2 finda way 2 minister 2 this group of men,, the irony 4 most gay ppl is the find the most rejection frm ppl who shood be loveing them the most,, ,, i think ur bein streached in thia area desi,, D

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:56 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top