Green Asparagus

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Green Asparagus

Post by hind'sfeet on Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:48 am

Last night I dreamt that I had a can and box of asparagus and I didn't think it would be as good as fresh and cooked asparagus. I opened the can length wise and you could see all the asparagus in the can. I ate one and said something like "this asparagus is good, it tastes like fresh asparagus". Then I had the box and also it was open length wise and I ate that too.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Green Asparagus

Post by immortalservant on Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:00 pm

To me it sounds as if God may be showing that the things you eat (spiritual food) although may not seem in the natural the best for you or as nurishing but actually it is just as good! Maybe you should try looking at things at another angle. Although it is always good to test things!!!1 Thess 5:21
Just some thoughts.

immortalservant

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/refuelignite

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:15 pm

Thanks immortal!!
Can you give me an example?

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by immortalservant on Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:09 pm

Back in May my husband and i were going thru a rough time with our church but I heard the Lord tell me to press on and keep fighting the fight of faith a few years prior. I had not sought the Lord any more about it cuz I thought that was the word, for us to stay no matter what. My husband continued to stay frustrated and he wanted out. We have always visited other churches because we are active in our community. A Pastor friend of our community asked us to visit a church he was attending in a different community and I had a feeling my husband was going to love it. I went in judging it in my heart and mind. i felt the building looked to seeker-friendly. That they may be just in it for ppl and money but not in giving ppl truth. But during worship I heard the HS say "Be quiet and close your eyes". OUCH!!! Then in my spirit I saw Jesus dancing on their stage and I felt peace. Also, the message was an 'in your face' kind of message. Then, when service was over my husband said he heard the HS tell him during worship that we were home. The night before our visit I had a dream and I didn't interpret it. I even posted it and no one responded then God said I want to share with you the meaning. At the end of the dream He showed me that He was going to move us out of where we were for such a time.
I had to change my way of thinking. even though God wanted me to stay and press on it was only for a season. I should've taken it to the Lord everyday. I believe sometimes we judge things because of their appearance or the package they come in and not on the fruit they bear. I'm not sure if that helps you or not...if i think of something else I will post it God Bless!

immortalservant

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:39 pm

I too am very skeptical about churches, esp. the ones on tv.
I have started watching them just this week. But when I was watching one I thought this is good, he's telling people how to get blessings from God, then he was saying to call his station for prayer etc. and then the deal breaker was he said to give a big donation... I'm very very skeptical of jibber jabber of tongues. I just don't know. There are so many different preachings on tithing that contradict eachother. I shouldn't have to give ton of money to get God's blessing.
Now I'm just running on. I don't have a church here yet and have not visited any. I loved the church I previously attended and I'm wary of friending people because I can't keep up with people.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:48 am

Preach it sister Hind's feet. No you shouldn't ever have to give hudge donations to get God's blessings. The Lord is giving you the discernment to know that. We are joint heirs with Jesus and the blessing he gives because he loves us and promises them to us. We do not earn them or give enough to receive them. He gives them because we are his children and the sheep of his pastor and through his graciousness and kindness and love toward us he gives us things. Just like we give to our children. Many times I have watched those types of preaching and the Holy Spirit has said to me.....That is not of me. Clearly that is incorrect teaching. Stay clear of that for sure. Knowing the word and listening to the Holy Spirit is how you are able to discern the truth. It says in the Word that He will bring you into all truth.

I pray this is of help to you,

Love in Jesus

Connie

Last edited by Dove-Solutions on Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:01 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:39 am

Thank you Connie! What really gets me is when they are preaching and it sounds all good and then they wait till the end before you find out something isn't right.

The Holy Spirit has been bringing me into all truth!!
I actually stopped going to church several years ago because I felt so corrupted by different churches that I didn't know what to believe any more. I'm still feeling that way when it comes to some things. I've gotten into real history and found out some shocking things about the traditions of churches etc. Since I was a child I had despised Sundays and in my sabbatical from church I found out why. It was the Holy Spirit that hates Sundays and He put it into my spirit. As a child I've always Loved Saturdays. I refuse to wear dresses to church and I'll wear jeans and a t-shirt and flip flops or shorts too.
I've learned about true grace and mercy and that I am NOT going to hell because I don't use grace and mercy as an excuse to sin. That I can't help being imperfect and that is what sin is, imperfection. Being ADD and having been abused and neglected, I'm always doing something or thinking something. Just because you forgive your abusers does not mean that your thought processes and habits due to abuse, changes. For me I have so much forgiving to do, more than the normal person, have to forgive myself and almost the entire world for abusing me and others.

My aunt found a church for me a year ago and it was the best church I ever went to!! They practiced grace and mercy and the pastor had the whole church participating in outreach type stuff, giving, missions etc. You had to do something. God has seriously blessed that church so much that all their bill are payed even just barely even as they raised All the funds to build a brand new Large church behind the existing one.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:41 am

Oh, but I don't go there anymore cause we pcsed to another sate :( Now I don't have a church here. I'm wary of trying out churches because strangers giving me attention overwhelm me and I don't want to try out a bunch of churches.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by immortalservant on Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:27 pm

A tree is known by it's fruit. And it is very sad when churches are only wrapped up in getting their tithe. I know the church needs mone to operate but tithing is between you and the Lord and if you are doing what God asks you should not have to beg for money. There is a difference between informing of needs and begging. Watch the fruit of the church you can tell. Where you went before sounds as if their focus was reaching ppl not their agendas. That's why their bills were paid. The were givers. We can give all sorts of ways money, tings, time. But most importantly we should give God's love towards others. We are the church I have never been one for signing membership cards and my life away to the mission statements of denominations and self proclaimed non-denominations. I feel that I must follow Jesus and Jesus alone. I do believe I need to worship with others and believe in corporate prayer. But the church i attend now helps me to understand that I am the church and where I go is just a building. They are educaters in helping me build my life and reach others. They never beg for money and they have given good principles on how to give and recieve. God asks us to give sometimes to stretch our faith. There are many biblical examples of this. I am a giver because God gave to me. I give when He asks because if I give only out of pity or compassion I may have made things worse for the person I gave to. Give a child a piece of candy everytime they cry they will become dependant upon sugar. Give a drug addict money without God's say so and you just aided in their addiction. God will use your money wisely so talk to him in where to invest.

immortalservant

Back to top Go down

Post by immortalservant on Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:30 pm

oh Hindsfeet if your location is Oklahoma check out a church called Guts! My husband and I lived there a year when we were first married and it was our home church and would still be if we hadn't moved back here. especially if you are into the jeans to church. The Pastor there is a Harley Man!!! They also do an event called Nightmare every year in Oct. thousands receive salvation.

immortalservant

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:41 pm

Hindsfeet you are NOT alone girl! I am in a church right now that I'm trying to run out of, but God is not finished with me there yet. God had to bring me into HIS TRUTH of Grace in my own personal study time. It's all about Jesus and Him Crucified and many of the churches THINK they are teaching about Jesus, but they still have their own rules and traditions.

God is so good and the thing that you have to realize is that it is His will for us to fellowship with the saints, which means, if you are living where you are living, God has a church for you...that is GREAT NEWS! He knows you don't like "shopping" around for churches so ask him to put a church "in you lap" and He will...that's how much He loves you.

The Holy Spirit must REALLY be doing something in the hearts of God's people because more and more people are realizing that the things that they are hearing from the pulpit is NOT scriptural. I hope the church that immortalservant suggested to you is near to where you live so you can see if it's where God would have you go.

One more thing I want to say. It's not about the "day" you go to church. In Colossians 2:16,17 it says, "So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ. The church that I visit from time to time has services on Saturday evenings, as well as Sundays. Either day is fine with God as long as CHRIST is the substance.

Blessings!

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:01 pm

Amen Cholette!!

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:27 pm

immortalservant wrote:A tree is known by it's fruit. And it is very sad when churches are only wrapped up in getting their tithe. I know the church needs mone to operate but tithing is between you and the Lord and if you are doing what God asks you should not have to beg for money. There is a difference between informing of needs and begging. Watch the fruit of the church you can tell. Where you went before sounds as if their focus was reaching ppl not their agendas. That's why their bills were paid. The were givers. We can give all sorts of ways money, tings, time. But most importantly we should give God's love towards others. We are the church I have never been one for signing membership cards and my life away to the mission statements of denominations and self proclaimed non-denominations. I feel that I must follow Jesus and Jesus alone. I do believe I need to worship with others and believe in corporate prayer. But the church i attend now helps me to understand that I am the church and where I go is just a building. They are educaters in helping me build my life and reach others. They never beg for money and they have given good principles on how to give and recieve. God asks us to give sometimes to stretch our faith. There are many biblical examples of this. I am a giver because God gave to me. I give when He asks because if I give only out of pity or compassion I may have made things worse for the person I gave to. Give a child a piece of candy everytime they cry they will become dependant upon sugar. Give a drug addict money without God's say so and you just aided in their addiction. God will use your money wisely so talk to him in where to invest.

Guys, I'm actually at Hunter Army Airfield in Savannah.
That does sound like a Really neat church and if we ever live in Ok again I will def. check it out!!

Immortal, Thank you for helping me understand tithing a lot more and it's def. a lot easier to give away my stuff than to sell it!! I actually called the chapel here on post today to see if someone would be willing to come to my house to help me sort through my stuff. I am expecting a call from the chaplin (sp?).

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:37 pm

Cholette wrote:Hindsfeet you are NOT alone girl! I am in a church right now that I'm trying to run out of, but God is not finished with me there yet. God had to bring me into HIS TRUTH of Grace in my own personal study time. It's all about Jesus and Him Crucified and many of the churches THINK they are teaching about Jesus, but they still have their own rules and traditions.

God is so good and the thing that you have to realize is that it is His will for us to fellowship with the saints, which means, if you are living where you are living, God has a church for you...that is GREAT NEWS! He knows you don't like "shopping" around for churches so ask him to put a church "in you lap" and He will...that's how much He loves you.

The Holy Spirit must REALLY be doing something in the hearts of God's people because more and more people are realizing that the things that they are hearing from the pulpit is NOT scriptural. I hope the church that immortalservant suggested to you is near to where you live so you can see if it's where God would have you go.

One more thing I want to say. It's not about the "day" you go to church. In Colossians 2:16,17 it says, "So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ. The church that I visit from time to time has services on Saturday evenings, as well as Sundays. Either day is fine with God as long as CHRIST is the substance.

Blessings!

He's bringing His church into all Truth!!! Bringing His church out!!! Amen
Even though it's alright to go to church on sundays I believe that the reason it was put into my heart to Love Saturdays and hate sundays was to prepare me to question the traditional pulpit and to start me on my search for the Truth. That just came to me LOL! That's actually how it all started with me in the first place come to think of it! To me there is no rest better than a saturday's rest and it's just not the same on any other day of the week.
You did remind me that Christ is the substance and not just for a couple chosen things (chosen by me).

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:51 pm

hind'sfeet,
I know that asparagus is good for us, even though it may not look or taste it! And in the dream, you tried eating it another way and found out that it was good--better than you expected!

I wonder if there is something that you need to try out that may not look appealing at first but once you try it out you like it AND it will be good for you too?

please pray on what I've said
desiree (Starpop)

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:39 pm

I sure will. I do actually love fresh cooked asparagus but the canned stuff just looks gross, so I really do know what you are saying.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by immortalservant on Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:51 am

yeah and it really isn't as good tasting to me as the real tooo mushy hahaha ROTFL

immortalservant

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:13 am

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:34 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down