NEED GUIDANCE AND PRAYERS!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NEED GUIDANCE AND PRAYERS!

Post by nubava on Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:00 pm

Hi there, I have been praying and seeking God's will on my future and I would like to receive direction from Him. The problem with me is that I want to go back to school, I have done certain steps towards this and at this moment I have doubts and confusion in me and I really do not know what to do - shall I continue what I started? Am I on the right path? Or am I doing something wrong and that is why I became discouraged or it is some kind of laziness at the moment? Where to apply? Which university and which city is the right for me?

I am also seekin God's face for my future husband. There have been some situations, gatherings which "disturbed" my inner peace and balance. I put the word disturb into quotation marks as I do not want this word to have negative attitude. As for a year or so I humbled myself and I put my personal life on a shelf and didn't think about it as there were more important issues in my life and family. But recently I had dreams, I met this person from my dreams and everything inside me went upside down.

My friend shared word from God yesterday that I should start dreaming the dreams I gave up, revive them as with God everything is possible, every hight, every dream.

So I really want to know God's point of view and His opinion on this situation as I am confused, like a fish thrown out on the shore.

nubava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

encouragement

Post by kimdelacreme on Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:38 pm

I would encourage you to keep seeking until you hear answers on the very subject you need to hear about. God said, he is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him. Talk to God about a mate & he'll give you the desires of your heart as long as that matchup with his will for your life. If you want to go to school & you have peace about it, than go. If its not right, God will show you. But follow peace in everything you do. God is a God of order & not of confusion. But just keep telling God -- Your Will be done in my life & not my will be done. ( I pray this is helpful to you) God Bless you! Kim

kimdelacreme

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NEED GUIDANCE AND PRAYERS!

Post by nubava on Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:39 pm

thanks a lot for your post, I will continue proclaiming His will over my life as I have been in confusion for a long period and I need to learn His voice, His peace, that's why I decided to post this here!

nubava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nubava on Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:13 pm

Update!

I have been praying a lot and I have decided not to doubt and take advantage of the "may be situation" in my life, to step out of my comfort zone. So I am moving towards my dreams, taking certain steps toward going back to school, although it seems impossible. If I'll do my part, God will do His part. There nothing accidental in my life if there is this desire in my heart, I believe it is from God.

As for the future husband - I am not worrying about this anymore and enjoy my life no matter what, I have put on the altar and let God will be done in my life.

Any thoughts, words of encouragement, direction and prayers are welcomed

nubava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by johari jewel on Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:46 am

Nubava, I am praying for and with you. I just thought I'd let you know that :). As a child of God, your steps are ordered by Him, Psalm 37:23, and He DELIGHTS in your way. Because He orders your steps and you are submitted to Him, the more you grow in Him, the more your desires become aligned with His. Many times I have wondered if I'm on the right path, and I have been angry with Him for "messing up" my plans, but later on, sometimes hours later, sometimes years later, I look back and see that it's a wonderful, wonderful picture He has been painting and that He saved me from a lot of craziness.

I am glad that you have put that on the altar. I'll still pray - many times I lay things in God's hands and take them back again by the next day. Your decision inspires me to leave my own problems and questions at the altar as well. I pray that the Lord wll comfort you and that He will use your surrendered life as a mighty witness to people - singles everywhere, to show that they can be contented, and married people, when that future husband is no longer referred to in future tense. :) Don't get tired of doing things that make Jesus smile. This man might be closer than you think. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not (Galatians 6:9).

I feel led to share this with you: The Bible says in a multitude of counselors there is safety (Prov 11:14, 24:6). The Lord is able to provide people He can use to guide you in the right direction - many times He does it in simple ways, such as forums like this one.

And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity, and the water of affliction, yet shall not thy teachers be removed into a corner any more, but thine eyes shall see thy teachers: And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left (Isaiah 30:20-21).

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee (Isaiah 26:3). Keeping our minds stayed on Jesus actually "smallens" our situations. Magnify the Lord, like David says (Psalm 34:3). Magnifying Him will not make Him any bigger than a magnifying glass makes an ant, or a microscope makes a specimen. It will just clarify your vision and remind you just how BIG He is.

God bless youuuuu!!!!!! Have a victorious and glorious week. With God all things are possible!!!!!! Move towards your dreams and DREAM BIG!!! He is able to do exceedingly, abundantly, above all we can ask or imagine - so why imagine small things? He can do far more than your biggest dream so do not stop dreaming!!!!!

johari jewel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nubava on Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:35 pm

Wow, this is amazing. Thank you for your encouragement and prayers. I am very impressed that my Godly decisions and examples can touch other people's lives. Praise God!

feel led to share this with you: The Bible says in a multitude of counselors there is safety (Prov 11:14, 24:6). The Lord is able to provide people He can use to guide you in the right direction - many times He does it in simple ways, such as forums like this one.

Is very appealing to me as I prayed yesterday and asked God to speak to me through people, circumstances. I love that you shared it with me. It's also a confirmation that I'm in the right direction.

You are so right that magnifying God makes those fears and worries so miserable and small )))

nubava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nubava on Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:40 pm

Hi brothers and sisters!

I am praying right now for the right colleges and so far I have prepared 4 applications, however there are more colleges to apply. In my heart I like one of them, it is appealing to me as it is also Christian. It is realated to the Church of Christ. So now I am praying that God will show me THE ONE that is right for me and my future. Also I really want to know shall I apply to all of them or if it is the right for me, only there, not to pay money for additional applications.

Could you join me in prayers, please.

nubava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:20 pm

I pray that God will (if He hasn't already) reveal to you what field of study you should pursue. I've learned that even in our education that will prepare us for our careers, which will be in God's purpose for our lives, that we should follow His plans.

I have returned to school a little over a month ago. I was seeking God about what University to attend. Needless to say He had an even bigger surprise for me. I felt led to change my major all together to something I know good-n-well I know nothing about. After ALL these years (including high school) of studying and falling in love with accounting, He leads me to something FAR from it! I've stepped out on faith because I truly feel that this education is going to prepare me for the ministry and the purpose He has for my life. When I committed to change my major, I searched for Universities that specialized in this particular field and I believe I am where God wants me to be.

I only completed ONE application. I found out last week, when my academic counselor called me, that this University is a "completion" University. This means, you should only be accepted if you already have a certain number of credits (I can't remember how many she said). I didn't have the minimum number of credits but was accepted ANYWAY! When God is ready to put you somewhere, I don't care what the policies and procedures say...He has the last say so.

I was given other alternatives to pursue the credits that I may graduate on time but I wasn't asked to withdraw beforehand. I am still able to take the courses to get my degree.

Hallelujah...I just completed my first class 3 weeks ago and I made an A-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nubava on Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:49 pm

This is so interesting as God is leading me to completely different field of study. So I studies since high shcool and worked in communication but now He leads me to something else. However, He showed me how my past experience and a degree can make a strong marriage. So now I am overcoming my "enemy" that is maths, so I can take an exam for the application. I had these two choices - either I do not take the exam and do not accomplish God given dreams or take the risk and look into the eyes of the Goliath. This has been the longest preparation and struggle for me. I believe being distracted so much from my goals and dreams means that I am in the right direction.
I was really thinking to apply just to one of the university not to waste money on other applications as they are quite expensive. What's intersting that I wrote the essays for the rest three unies very quickly but for this one I'm struggling and still have to write two more (optional ones)
Do you know anything about the Church of Christ? I am not familiar with their doctrines and beliefs.
Another aspect which is unsolved is my recommenders. I need God's direction who to choose!

I thank Lord for this encouragement and pray that you'll bring glory to Him with your degree

nubava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:50 pm

Nubava, ask God for confirmations to the decisions that you are struggling on.

I personally don't agree with the church of christ and I don't remember why. I did at one point but the only thing that's important to me now is to continue avoiding it.

Any church that tells you that you will go to hell if you mess up and forget to ask or just don't ask for forgiveness and then you die, you go to hell, is a liar. What if you died in that mess up without the chance of asking for forgiveness? It calls Jesus' death a lie, to add to His death by our own trying to do good to be saved, is blaspheme. I grew up in that condemnation thinking I was just never going to be saved because I am too imperfect, always messing up, doing stuff I don't even know I need forgiveness for. Seriously, Ticks me off that people would preach that you can Lose your salvation!!! If you can LOSE you salvation, that means you have to WORK for you're salvationS. Notice with the word Salvation, there is no S at the end... Anyway, I'm done with my rant and I know that is getting too far into my point. Just ask God for a church and ask for specific confirmations or just a confirmation that He knows you would understand.
I did this recently and had 3 amazing confirmations. There is no such thing as coincidence, don't you forget that when looking for confirmations :0) They will always lead you To God, not away from God.

Also, I'm not saying that church of christ believes in losing salvation, but i seriously doubt that anyone puts their churches beliefs on whether or not you can lose your salvation as part of their church statement.

Just do a search on the beliefs and doctrine of church of christ.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nubava on Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:28 am

Thanks for your reply! I am surely asking for confirmations from God, thanks for encouraging. As for the Church of Christ, the university I chose is related to the church, so before applying, I wanted to know about the church first.

nubava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:54 am

Hind's feet,

The scripture that just came to my mind is, "there is no NO CONDEMNATION for those in Christ Jesus.

... if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you."

Mia

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:22 am

AMEN MIA and PRAISE GOD!!! It's a sore spot with me too and I think it's something more that God is having me confront. I forgot to get my Bible before I went to bed and I have a book that I'm reading about the truth of what salvation is and what it really means. I had stopped on a chapter that confirmed what you and I said. I had also listened to a christian radio show that gave me revelation on the "lose your salvation" doctrine which also confirmed to me that it is a blaspheme doctrine. For sure "there is NO CONDEMNATION for those in Jeshua". It's a doctrine of FEAR. Not even in the same realm of the Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom (something like that) which Fear in this sense means to me if God is on our side who can come against us.

Nubava, be careful of church doctrine. It can either bring life or condemnation. If you ever start feeling fear from the churches preaching then you Know that you have been poisoned. baptist churches preach hell fire and brimstone to get people so scared that they go up to the alter to be saved!! Did Jesus ever preach Hell fire and brimstone? Would He, NO. A college will have this fear in them too. You can feel the fear. Be careful and ask God for confirmations on the universities you apply to. Mia gave some AWESOME verses to always think of when a preaching makes you fearful for your salvation.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nubava on Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:09 pm

Thanks a lot, well I have chosen the best universities which provide high level education in the sphere I believe God is leading me, the choices are either ecular or one christian. I will be praying that God shows me which one is THE RIGHT university. He is amazing God, doing new things, unbelievable things, impossible things.

nubava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by edwin on Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:20 am

this is not a prophetic word. I just wanted to share with you what our pastor said a few weeks ago.

just because a door is open doesn't mean it is God's will. Sometimes the closed doors are tests to see if we trust Him.

edwin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nubava on Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:51 pm

Could you specify to what you are referring? Thanks in advance

nubava

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by edwin on Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:40 am

this is not a prophetic word. A closed door means that you have to extend your hand and turn the knob. An open door means you walk right through, everything is easy and you slide right in. So pastor said prophetic word is confirmed by the bible in other words it must agree with the teaching of the Bible, then go to your leadership, pastor and him and the other pastors will pray about it, then they will search the bible and make sure it agrees with it, will confirm it in a way that is undeniable. Remember hearing a sermon is 10 % the other 90 % is up to us to read.
Edwin

edwin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:04 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top