Secret places of wonderous mystique

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Secret places of wonderous mystique

Post by hind'sfeet on Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:06 pm

I've had 3 dreams of 2 different places. They both filled me full of wonderment and joy in the last dreams, the dreams left me with deep longing and full of grief and heartache.

All these dreams I had in the states but they were in Germany (where we were stationed in Katterbach for about 7 years).
The first dream I had a secret path (outside of Katterbach post, outside means within 10 min. walking distance to the gate) that I had forgotten about and I found it again. No one knew this but me. The path heads towards the West and I head down the path in the late afternoon (irl my fav. time of day, I hate mornings and don't care for the east at all.) The path is in an wide fields (Think German Bavarian fields on a platteau not American, theres a difference. In Germany you might never know that you are on a hill because the land is somewhat flat until you start going down. ) with clear view for a mile towards the west. There is a lone tree that is my secret spot and under the tree are small ponds of crystal clear water with stepping stones that I step on. I can see to the bottom like looking through a magnifying glass (when you put you hands under crystal clear water, and you can see all the tiny cappilaries, and veins, and lines, and prints much more clearly) and floor is full of "magical" rocks. The pools of water were "magical" themselves. It made me feel excited, joyful, special, secretive and I don't know what else. Then I woke up and I felt that way like I had actually been to that place irl and that it really exists. Then several days or weeks later my next dream happened.
I was trying to get back to my secret place and I was on post, I don't know why I had to be on post in this dream to get back to my secret place. This time it was cloudy and grey dismal day which suggested that it was fall or beginning of winter. I'm excited about getting there. I drive up to one of the gates but it is locked and has been put out of service (irl it was put out of service and then put back in after a few years and after 9/11 put back out of service, it was a back gate to housing in Ansbach. For some reason in my dream it was connected to Katterbach instead of Ansbach) I woke up seriously frustrated because my efforts had been thwarted and I knew it was there waiting for me. I had to go through that specific gate. I couldn't find any other way in.

My third and last dream I had my mom with me and my husband and my son. It was middle of winter this time, snow and ice everywhere and dark. (irl, sunset starts at 3 pm). I'm driving the car and we get to the gate in my last dream this time it is open and the guards are soldiers with M-16's (irl, they did this before they had hired civilian contractors to guard our posts. When they were sent to Kosovo, it was reserveists and the German and British soldiers I think.). They let us through and I'm really excited to be taking them to show my secret place. I get to where we can get out and head for the path. But, as we get to there all I see is construction, my path was gone, the tree, the pools, everything was gone, and in it's spot was a huge parking lot. The sacred place had been defiled, destroyed, and I would never see it again. They said that a new commissary was being built. I was weeping, I woke up crying. I was full of sorrow and deep longing for many months after that. But I knew the place was gone forever.

My other dream about a different place. This one I actually had when we were in Germany and so it was before the one above. It was also a place of wonder.
There was place I knew about but had forgotten. It was over by the back gate of Barton Barracks in Ansbach in a row of houses outside of post that some of the commanders occupied. It was a cave near the houses. I go into the cave and it is full of Bright colorful crystals of all sizes. It was so beautiful and wonderful. I think it was a secret but i don't remember. It seems there were other people there, like it was a tourist spot, but somehow still a secret. When I woke up I longed to go back there.

2nd dream I'm in some kind of arcade or fun place and to get to the cave I had to go into some kind of toy thing. I don't think I made it to the cave that time. I don't remember anything else of that dream.

3rd dream, I'm on vacation with someone, I don't remember who was with me. Maybe it was my sister. It was mid afternoon, and we had driven to a most beautiful land. I think we had driven to southern Bavaria but irl life it didn't look like a real place. There was a lazy river and trees lining the river, the river was of crystal clear mountain water running near a small mountain of red orange stone and dirt. It was rather long and there was a road mid height and a cave up there. There was a water park nearby that utilized the mountain river and water around it. It looked like fun. There were people all over the place doing all sorts of fun things. I saw some floating down the river. My goal was to get to the cave. I don't remember if i made it to the cave or not. I might have. I know I was filled with longing to go back.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Secret places of wonderous mystique

Post by jwhita on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:02 pm

The "post"may represent a place of service or authority, and the "sacred places" may be those special places in our heart where we meet Him, or heavenly places. It can be a battle to find those places because all kinds of things can distract us; duty, problems, feelings of unworthiness, etc. When we are drawn away by anything there is a sense of loss and a desire to go back. Does this fit?

jwhita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:05 pm

You are probably right.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kimdelacreme on Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:06 pm

I feel ike your longing to get into the Secretplace with God. Sometimes things hinder your path in getting there but you keep trying. Thanks, Kim

kimdelacreme

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:48 pm

Thanks you two :)
That makes sense. Do you guys have some experiences with this too?

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jwhita on Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:59 pm

This is a constant in my life. I have a busy life and it seems like there is never enough time to pray through. Quiet is a rare commodity in our culture and that secret place has to be sought and re-sought constantly. May we always have ahynger for His Presence!

jwhita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kimdelacreme on Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:02 pm

Yep, me too. I've had dreams where I was at this ancient city, God said it was his secret place I was @. It looked like the wailing wall in Jerusalem. It was cool! I was running my hands along the wall. I am very busy some days. I have to purpose my quiet time with God. Usually its late @ night after everyone goes to bed. Its a date time. A intimate time, me & God time. Sometimes I can be like Martha when I need to be like Mary sitting @ His feet soaking in His presense.

kimdelacreme

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:03 pm

I understand now!!! My secret place with God was taking a drive around the country side in Germany!!! Now it's gone... When I found out we were being sent back to the states I cried every single day for almost a year!!! Since we left I haven't found another place.
For me to put my full attention to talking to God I need the environment to be uninterrupted and moving, me and the environment. I used to have my best violin practice sessions in the dark while I walk around. I can't sit still when I'm on the phone either, I have to be moving or I have to have something to focus my eyes on. It helps me focus my mind because I have ADD my mind thinks really fast and is all over the place and it's hard to harness thoughts and put them into words. I've noticed that even when I converse with people face to face I do the same thing I do when I'm on the phone esp. if we are sitting.
I have found a place here on post that I took my husband to before he left for Afghanistan. I am in love with early-late evenings and cannot stand mornings. That day I had a headache I couldn't seem to get rid of and it was one of those almost slightly more than annoying headaches. It was a beautiful evening with clear blue, skies golden sunshine, and a promising sunset; I told my husband that I want to take him to this place I found on the far side of post near the boarder fence that get no real traffic. There's forest back there and a road that runs along the fence with the forest on the other side. The road is almost east to west (perfect for me cause I'm an Oklahoma girl and our roads are on a north to south east to west grid as well as most of the houses.) and the road has tufts of grass and field weeds coming through the cracks which I love. Seems the soldiers do or used to do pt out there. The road actually leads to one of the gates to get on or off post but is blocked off over there. I feel a little naughty when I go on that road cause I don't know if we are allowed on it. Well, anyway so I tell him we should go to the shoppette and get some drinks and treats and headache medicine. Before we even left the house he was trying to talk me out of going and me going alone or that we could go another day. I told him there wasn't going to be another day cause when that day comes he will say the same thing. We make it there in time for the sunset and a wonderful walk (our son was with us too). The sunset was Beautiful and we even saw bats flying around!!!

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kimdelacreme on Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:25 pm

are ya'll stationed @ Ft. Sill?

kimdelacreme

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:02 am

Thank God no!! That place is out in the middle of Nowhere!! We are stationed at Hunter Army Airfield (the place where that poor soldier got in trouble for not deploying because of her son).
We more than likely will never be at Ft. Sill because it's for basic training and my husband will never be a basic trainer.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:21 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top