How can you tell whether a dream is speaking about your inner life or outer life?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How can you tell whether a dream is speaking about your inner life or outer life?

Post by Dream223 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:26 am

Recently, I have shared a dream with someone who say my dream totally different from what I thought it meant, although I could see their view and mine when looking at the dream. I took the dream to mean something literal due to the fact that I was given a a day (Friday), and a job (wasn't shown what exactly what I would be doing. I saw myself write something) and I was handed a 2 hour work schedule that said 4-6. A few weeks later, on Friday, September 18, 2009, I awoke to a woman singing and I got up and wrote out the song. It took more than 2 hours but I got up to write the song at 4am. I have written since the age of 13, but never a song. It was prophesied that I would do this several months prior. I then go before the Lord in prayer about the song and receive another dream about a godly song playing over the pa system in a large university. Totally confused. Totally. Was that a prophetic dream, was God answering my prayer with another dream, or was God possibly using something that I was familiar with to reveal something going on in my heart?

I know, overwhelming...at least to me.

Dream223

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How can you tell whether a dream is speaking about your inner life or outer life?

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:53 am

Hello Dream 223!

It seems to me as though in the first dream you were given an assignment, and this dream has already manifested. When you went to pray about the song, the Lord gave you further insight and revelation with the second dream. This is very common. And, I have found that many times when I am seeking the Lord about something, He answers me in a dream.

But, I also wanted to answer your question about how to tell if your dream is an inner dream or outer dream. The scripture says, "God is a Spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth." (John 4:24) The thing that I have learned is that whatever way God relates to me, it will always be in the Spirit. Like God, we are spirits, and we have a soul and live in a phsical body. So the way that God speaks to us and ministers to us is in our spirits. I dream regularly and have for many years. The thing that I have learned from the Lord is that when I receive a dream, I look at the interpretation as being spiritual, not physical. In other words, the things in the dream are symbols and it takes revelation from God to interpret and know what the message of the dream is. Sometimes He will give you a literal meaning to a dream. But the interpretation belongs to God. So any dream that is received must be prayed over and then whatever interpretation is received should be backed by scripture. The Holy Spirit and the Word of God are in perfect agreement. The Spirit of God is never going to give you a dream that you cannot back with scripture in some way.

I do want to address your comment above that says
I have shared a dream with someone who say my dream totally different from what I thought it meant, although I could see their view and mine when looking at the dream
It is possible that you can feel that your dream means something, and that's not the meaning at all. But, if you are seeking God about it, the interpretation should bear witness with your spirit-man. If you receive an interpretation from someone and it doesn't bear witness with your heart, then that could be a red flag. The thing that proves any interpretation is the scriptural confirmation is backed by, whether the interpretation comes from yourself or from someone else. If your friend gave you a different interpretation than what you received, I would test them both to see which one lines up with scripture. Here is another way to see if an interpretation is from God: James 3:17, "But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy." Any word from God, even dreams, visions and their interpretations will follow this guideline. Also, it is possible that you and your friend are both correct in your interpretations. Many times dreams will have multiple layers of revelation in them, just as the scriptures do. God is BIG and very deep. I have had the Lord give me one meaning on a dream, and then later get additional meanings. God is not limited!

In regards to this question:
Was that a prophetic dream, was God answering my prayer with another dream, or was God possibly using something that I was familiar with to reveal something going on in my heart?
The answer could be all three. Obviously the matter is on your heart, and you went to the Lord. I believe He gave you an answer by showing you something ahead of time in a dream, which would be prophetic. I don't have an interpretation for you to the dream. But, I believe you will know what it is soon.

These are just some things the Lord has taught me through the years. I hope you find them to be helpful. The biggest thing to always remember is the written Word of God is the standard for everything. Anything that doesn't line up should not be received. However, if there is scriptural confirmation then the next test will be the witness of your heart (or spirit man).

Blessings,

Sandra

Back to top Go down

Re: How can you tell whether a dream is speaking about your inner life or outer life?

Post by Dream223 on Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:22 am

Sandra:

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me better understand how to approach my dreams. In this season of my life I have had an increase in dreams more than ever before. You have provided me with tools that I can use when working through my dreams. I appreciate your time and all that you have shared with me.

Dream223

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:34 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top