Recurring dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Recurring dream

Post by RnestseekR on Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:36 am

For several years now I periodically have a recurring dream that I have gone back to the law firm where I used to work before I stayed at home with my kids. In every dream, I am supposed to have been working some from home and some from the office. When I go to the office, it's always that things have been moved around, my office has been moved to another floor, I'm now having to share my office with attorneys, my secretary is someone different and no one knows who I am. Although I am able to show that I have been doing work, I am worried because it has been so long since I have made it in to the office. Sometimes, I am also concerned about childcare/getting kids picked up from the sitters while I am in the office.

Last night, I dreamed this: I went in to the office and was upset because it had been so long since I'd made it in (not that I wanted to be there, but recognized that I was not doing my responisbility to go to the job site). My office had been moved and I was now having to share with an attorney (I used to do legal nurse consulting, so it is odd and not really conducive to share an office with an attorney). My desk was a mess. On the L side, the drawers were mismatched - they didn't fit in the slide in which they were supposed to go, everything inside of them was just dumped in there, I could tell things were done quickly as part of the office move. The top of my desk was neat and clean. My agenda/calnedar was up to date - when I worked, I NEVER used this agenda. But the drawers on the R side were perfectly straightened. The staplers were neatly aligned, staples next to them, everything was in these neat little cubby organizers. I thought to myself, "Laura (my old secretary) must have done this for me. This is nice, but the other side is almost unusable."
End of dream.

This dream was preceded or perhaps hooked onto the end of a dream in which I was going to various weddings. In each one, the bride was crying because the groom was contemplating calling off the wedding. One bride (who I knew in real life) was saying something about how she is waiting on the groom, whatever decision he makes will be the best, she doesn't want to push it, but she knows the wedding is meant to take place, etc. In another wedding, who I did not know IRL, the groom was delaying the wedding because of a blow-up between the maid of honor and the bride. The bride still wanted to get married and was upset that groom was stalling. She asked either myself or someone very close to me to be her maid of honor. I was honored and the wedding began. By the way, this wedding took place at a racetrack.

Last night, before falling asleep, I was crying to God because I had been asking for God to bless my husband in his work. He works a comission only job and has not been making enough to cover our monthly exepnses. He is working a second job and I am now doing some part-time work in October also. After that, I do not know what I need to do. I am frustrated that I keep calling on God, and every month the finances are the same. I do not mind going back to work, but I have a little one who is not in school yet and 2 that I would have to find before and after school care for. My husband does NOT want me to go back to work, but has said after October I need to start looking if things do not change.

There is some significance to the way the desk was arranged. OBVIOUSLY, the right side, being God's way, is the organized and "usable" way. But I don't understand anything else. I have prayed for clarity and discernment. Instead, I am slipping into worry: what if I interpret this wrong, what if I ed up with a desk like the L side, etc. I know I have to counter that, but it would help if I culd have the discernment of my Godly family, please.

THANK YOU!

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Recurring dream

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:57 am

Okay first off.....I am only giving you what I felt here while reading....I do not interpret dreams really.

I feel that in the dream you are seeing the part of your life that you feel is not organized.....The bills piling up, the need for a second job.....hubby not making what you hope for.....

The second side (right) is what God will do in your life....if you trust him.....the organized side....what you would hope for in your life.....

It says in the word: Seek ye first the kingdom of God and these things will be added unto you. The maid of honor thing I believe is you turning it over to God and letting Him handle your situation. Once you do that then He can work on your behalf.....but you have to give it to Him...Hence the wedding began after you accepted the role of Maid of Honor.

Father,

In the name of Jesus I speak your peace over RnestSeekR right now...Lord I thank you that we do not have all the answers but you do....It says in your word that: You know the thoughts and plans you have for us, plans to prosper us and to give us a hope and a future....not plans to harm us. Father we thank you right now for that. We give you all the honor and the glory in Jesus name!

your servant,

Connie praying praying praying

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:05 pm

Thank You Connie. I know what you say must be right - I have had the same message given to me back in February. I KNOW I am guilty of trying to be an independent spirit.
Do you have any advice about how I turn it over to the Father? I have spent a LOT of time in prayer over this, when I start to worry or get anxious, I take it back to Him in prayer. I have also resigned that I will not overtake the situation and go back to work just because I cannot stand the financial unrest and uncertainty anymore. I will wait for God's leading in that arena. Do you have any other suggestions? Thank you!

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:27 pm

RnestseekR,

My best advice here is to command all those thoughts captive to Christ.

Every time you feel lack speak prosperity into your life....

I have victory over my finances because Jesus is Jehovah Jireh my Provider! No matter how it looks in the natural declare it a victory in the spiritual. Jesus won that battle on the cross! Praise God!!! Satan wants us defeated....he doesn't want us declaring victory in our lives because he knows he was defeated at the cross and that ticks him off. But he is a liar and a thief. Jesus died for your sins, physical healing, spiritual well being and for our prosperity. Keep in prayer and go to the Word.....Proverbs is excellent. Giving it to God means trusting Him with it.....to handle it and to lay it at His feet.

My scripture on the bottom here is one that I meditate on a lot...Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path.

The other one that comes to mind;

Is 49:16 See I have engraved thee in the psalm of my hand; your walls are ever before me.

In other words he knows our needs before we ask. We do have to ask though. We have to give Him permission to act in our lives, just like we give the enemy right to have control....Now we have to correct our thinking in the spiritual and give it to Jesus!

Hope that helps,

Connie huggins

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:54 pm

Thanks Connie. My godson was stillborn the end of June. His mother, my best friend, uses the Is 49:16 verse all the time: she knows that her son is not forgotten - not be her and most certainly not by God. I had not heard until she used it. She engraved it on a plaque and it now sits under a tree in his memorial garden. Indeed, the Word can be powerful!
Thanks again!

Last edited by RnestseekR on Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:26 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top