Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LovetoworshipJesus

Praying for my gifts in the church!!

OK here we go!! I feel I can not flow like I want, however I feel at church I have so much to pour out in me..Meaning I want to minster while singing. Currently I am a leader on the praise team and I sing really alot of back up. My voice was acting up a few months ago. However since I moved out my parents home..Its been so much better.I mean I am back to normal. This sunday I was upset because I feel we need new songs and I would like to lead more. I can tell the congregation would like to hear from me more. However I feel I am not able to lead like I would like to. I have express to the Praise Leader that i have songs that I would like to sing and seem like to me it just went out the door. I had talk with my pastor about awhile back. My pastor sings on the praise team with me.

She basically welcomed me however there was a problem with the musicans schedule learning the songs. So I am like Help here!! I mean dont get me wrong we have an awesome praise team but I want more, sharpness, more order..Its been like this for a minute now. Also It seems like the praise team leader has to pick the songs then she ask me if I want to sing it and I am thinking like I have my own songs to choose from that I would like to sing,,,I mean after all its only five of us on the praise team.

So my prayer is that God will let them know what needs to be done and in what order when it comes to the praise team! and the church as a whole! I use to lead alot of songs and dont get me wrong its not about leading its about allowing my gifts to flow in the house of GOD. I dont want to be held back by man period.

I think I need to have another talk with my pastor? Pray that I can do it without an attitude and do it with respect in Jesus name.

I have this issue before and its rising up again!! I felt so upset that I wanted to leave the church but Thank GOd for the intercessors at my church!! I wanted to get out of me what God put in me. IN the meanwhile I plan on going to funerals homes, and other churches to hand out my cards for singing/minstery.

Please pray for my pastors and all the leaders in my church that we all would be on one accord and the will be obedient to the Holy Spirit and we all yield to Jesus!! In the past there has been issues with our musicians and praise team leaders with our schedule trying to come together to rehearse.... Its like the praise leader would call a day before and say we got rehersal....This is insane no time to prepare at all...

PS its not just me with gifts but there are others with gifts that want to flow too and they are feeling like me.

Well...Part of flowing in our gifts is to do it in it's proper season. One who flows in their gift is one who is patient and understands that their gift will make room for them. If I were you (and I was in your situation not too long ago), I would go to God ONLY! Man doesn't have your answer since it's a gift that GOD has given to you. You would be surprised at how much competition is in the house of God. When you go to God, He will set up the right set of circumstances for you to lead. You can't have the attitude that you have songs that YOU want to sing. You have to be able to adapt and submit to leadership despite how you feel or what you feel...that's the training part of becoming a real leader in the house of God.

Go to God and seek Him and find out if there is anything in you that needs to come out. I can almost guarantee that this is a pruning season for you. We praise leaders have a tendency of being very prideful when it comes to our gifts. We know we can sing and lead and we feel that because of that, it's time to be put to the front. I'm here to tell you that it's the humbled ones that God calls to the front. I had to learn that the hard way. I can hear music VERY WELL. The music director CANNOT (long story, but true). I was told by her that my help was not needed. The problem we were having was that she felt like I was taking over her position. I knew I wasn't, but the way it came across, it seemed that way. I went to God and He showed me myself and it wasn't pretty. I went to practice each week and kept my mouth CLOSED!! No matter how off the notes were, I had to keep my mouth closed. After three months of doing this, the music director's shady character began to expose itself and she was replaced by another music director. After a month of him being in position HE CAME TO ME and asked me to assist him with the notes for each section and put me over each section leader and over the praise leaders. I now teach the dynamics in the songs and parts as well as lead Praise and Worship and choral selections.

God always goes over and above when: 1) we go to him, 2) get things right and 3) leave everything in His hands. If God has to remove someone to promote you, He will. NO MAN stands in the way of His purpose for your life...NO MAN!!!

oh my GOd!! I am glad you shared this with me.I will keep my mouth shut and go to GOd!! Glory to GOd!! My eyes are open!! I am so excited about this testimony you shared!! thank you. I will be humble and wait. God is about to show me off in his timing not man..Glory to GOd...Cholette thank you so much.. I will let you know the outcome!! I am smiling right now!! Awesome!!

God is about to show me off in his timing not man

Correction...God NEVER shows US off...He does it for HIS glory...not our own. Our gift is for HIM and it is to show HIM off to those who need to be ministered to.

God loves you girl...relax and make room for HIM to be glorified!

This is a scripture that I pray before I minister..."He must increase, but I must decrease. He who comes from above is above all; he who is of the earth is earthly and speaks of the earth. He who comes from heaven is above all." (John 3:30-31)

LOVE YA!

ok Cholette I got it...I hear you about the showing off part!!. Trust me he does show off in front of demons!! Just to let them know I am GOD Queen!! and so are you!! thanks again!! I actually stayed up to study and meditate about you and others and minstered to me and hit home this morning!! and plus me fasting helped!! I got get this flesh under control!! Later darling!!

Also It seems like the praise team leader has to pick the songs then she ask me if I want to sing it and I am thinking like I have my own songs to choose from that I would like to sing,,,I mean after all its only five of us on the praise team.

It doesn't seem like you want to lead more if you have not used the opportunity the Praise Team Leader has afforded you. Do you not think she may have been led by God to ask you to lead these songs AFTER YOU prayed about leading songs? You don't know how God could have used you, while singing the songs the leader requested, to minister. A good leader has not always been a leader. A good leader learned to lead by first following another leader.

The Praise Team has to allow the spirit to flow. The Praise Team has to allow God to move as He chooses. There have been times when we rehearse songs to sing and then on Sunday, God does a new thing. We can begin singing a song we practice and God does a shift in the middle of the song or at the end of the song that leads into a totally different song that we didn't practice (of course we know the song). The anointing falls and it doesn't care what we want to sing. That's when what Cholette has said comes into play - "He must increase, but I must decrease..."

I remember Cholette sharing about a time she was able to give an exortation during a worship service. Did she know God was going to use her to do that? I can't speak for her but I don't think she did. When you worship God in spirit and in truth - putting all other things aside, then He is able to pour out of you what He has placed in you.

Thanks Virtous for you thoughts...however I have been very submisive and I sing what she tells me to sing..however The same God thats lives in her lives in me,and sometimes I can tell when she does not follow the holy spirit. So dont get me wrong I am following her lead and we all are not perfect..... I am entitled to my thoughts and opinions and majority of the time I am right , because before I speak on anything I observe carefully. I am one of those people that will observe and wait to see how many times it will happen then I will try the best I can to go to that person in a good way. However I should not have waited until it made me upset thats my fault

Now It just a matter of when God will intervine to get the problem resolved here. I dont have to be in the front I mean I can sing songs from the back it just that when the holy spirit comes upon me I want to be able to release what is in me without someone thinking I am trying to take there spot and I not trying to step on anyone toes here,because truth be told. My thoughs are on my own minstry and getting my self right.

For the most part we all get along very well and we respect God in one another. It just I know there is going to be change and I dont think she is ready or prepared for it as of yet.

In addition please continue to pray for my praise team at church that it wont be a tradition how we sing songs or who but it will be lead by the Holy spirit. Thank you so much for your thoughts I know its all in love...God bless you all