What does a ring mean

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What does a ring mean

Post by Gissy2 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:06 pm

I dreamt that my ex-boss asked me to assist his daughter who had just gotten married, he wanted me to help or assist her in her new life, like an assistant, then he gave me an ugly ring which transformed into a beautiful ring. What does the symbol ring means in a dream?

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What does a ring mean

Post by immortalservant on Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:22 pm

It could mean unity, commitment, vow, bond, sacred, communion to each other or God, relationship, love. If it was ugly first, maybe this was an ' ugly' relationship that God wants to restore??? but those are some symbols meanings I could think of

immortalservant

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/refuelignite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:03 pm

immortalservant wrote:It could mean unity, commitment, vow, bond, sacred, communion to each other or God, relationship, love. If it was ugly first, maybe this was an ' ugly' relationship that God wants to restore??? but those are some symbols meanings I could think of

thank you for your help, you are good

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:05 am

I think what immortalservant said is right on point actually.

A "not so good" appointment or relationship turns into something very beautiful and "worthwhile".

please pray on what was said

Desiree (Starpop)

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by immortalservant on Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:35 am

Glad to help and Desiree is right PRAY PRAY PRAY!!!

immortalservant

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:47 am

Thank you guys, I will be praying.

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:58 pm

In the parable of the Prodigal Son, the Father puts a ring on the son that returns. Not only does that ring signify his love and acceptance of the son, it also signifies a second inheritance. While indeed that son had already spent his inheritance, that signet ring was the family signet and meant that the wearer received/controlled the family wealth. He received that ring because of a change in his heart and a willingness to submit to his father in humility.
Your boss in your dream is a person in power over you. 1 Peter tells us that is someone you must submit to, even though his intention is to mistreat you by having you do a "servants job" and wait on his daughter. By staying submitted to this less than ideal boss and assignment, you will be rewarded - richly. Even more so than the boss originally intended. Perhaps the ring could also mean a change in your heart because of your perseverence in this situation. While initially the ring tied you in service to the boss and daughter, it eventually became not only a blessing, but something that your heart enjoyed - a thing of beauty and a symbol of love.
Do you have a situation right now that you are finding difficult to stick to? Has God asked you to submit to an authority that on some level you are seeing as uncalled to? I Peter says that submitting when it is easy is the worldly expectation, but submitting in times of difficulty, when you are mistreated, brings glory to God!

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:05 am

RnestseekR
Wonderful and powerful words! What a blessing!

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:50 am

RnestseekR wrote:In the parable of the Prodigal Son, the Father puts a ring on the son that returns. Not only does that ring signify his love and acceptance of the son, it also signifies a second inheritance. While indeed that son had already spent his inheritance, that signet ring was the family signet and meant that the wearer received/controlled the family wealth. He received that ring because of a change in his heart and a willingness to submit to his father in humility.
Your boss in your dream is a person in power over you. 1 Peter tells us that is someone you must submit to, even though his intention is to mistreat you by having you do a "servants job" and wait on his daughter. By staying submitted to this less than ideal boss and assignment, you will be rewarded - richly. Even more so than the boss originally intended. Perhaps the ring could also mean a change in your heart because of your perseverence in this situation. While initially the ring tied you in service to the boss and daughter, it eventually became not only a blessing, but something that your heart enjoyed - a thing of beauty and a symbol of love.
Do you have a situation right now that you are finding difficult to stick to? Has God asked you to submit to an authority that on some level you are seeing as uncalled to? I Peter says that submitting when it is easy is the worldly expectation, but submitting in times of difficulty, when you are mistreated, brings glory to God!

wow, this is really awesome and your questions are good, this dream happened in fall 2008 when I was getting ready to transition jobs and I really don't think there was any situation with my boss and coworkers at the time, all I could remember is that ring.

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by immortalservant on Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:58 pm

This is where your feelings come into play of your dream. Doesn't necessary mean your former boss and you were necessarily the 2 with an 'ugly' situation. Although any interp seems to be something that lines up this is where YOU Gissy have to hear from God. Maybe your former boss just played as a representation of something. For ex: If in the natural, where you worked in the past was a place you felt kept you too committed, overworked, and bound. In the dream God showed you that He plans to take the things that bind you and turn them into something beautiful. And bring you to a committed relationship with Him. Only you and God know where you were at in fall of 2008 also. Maybe God is reminding you of where you came from and where you are now. Like, when things feel like they are a constant battle God reminds us subtly that He keeps us like precious jewels. Maybe your former boss is represented as God. God asked you to take care of something and He is trusting you with something that will turn from an ugly situation to a beautiful one. This could have been a vow you made to Him. Search your heart. He will show you, rely on the Holy Spirit!!! To me the latter seems to fit the best...I just wanted to the throw you out some ways God uses people as a symbol rather than a dream of the actual individual. God has told me that he sometimes uses my youngest son to represent me in a dream. I have no daughters so that made sense...It took me a long time thinking that my son was going to do some things only to realize God was talking about me doing them haha.

immortalservant

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:13 pm

immortalservant wrote:This is where your feelings come into play of your dream. Doesn't necessary mean your former boss and you were necessarily the 2 with an 'ugly' situation. Although any interp seems to be something that lines up this is where YOU Gissy have to hear from God. Maybe your former boss just played as a representation of something. For ex: If in the natural, where you worked in the past was a place you felt kept you too committed, overworked, and bound. In the dream God showed you that He plans to take the things that bind you and turn them into something beautiful. And bring you to a committed relationship with Him. Only you and God know where you were at in fall of 2008 also. Maybe God is reminding you of where you came from and where you are now. Like, when things feel like they are a constant battle God reminds us subtly that He keeps us like precious jewels. Maybe your former boss is represented as God. God asked you to take care of something and He is trusting you with something that will turn from an ugly situation to a beautiful one. This could have been a vow you made to Him. Search your heart. He will show you, rely on the Holy Spirit!!! To me the latter seems to fit the best...I just wanted to the throw you out some ways God uses people as a symbol rather than a dream of the actual individual. God has told me that he sometimes uses my youngest son to represent me in a dream. I have no daughters so that made sense...It took me a long time thinking that my son was going to do some things only to realize God was talking about me doing them haha.

I think you are right, I think my ex-boss does represent God. A few weeks ago I interpret this scripture and for some reason I was nervous about my interpretation, it was like I didn't believe it. That very night I had a dream with my ex-boss, he was encouraging me, he told me there were two answers to this equation and I got the right answer. I just knew that was God speaking to me about questioning my interpretation of His Word. So, in that instance my boss represent God and it is highly likely that in the dream with the ring God presented Himself as my boss. The ring representing maybe some type of commitment or a promise? You are right I need to search my heart.

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by immortalservant on Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:28 pm

God uses the things in our life as symbols to comunicate in our dreams. You have your own dream language and I have mine. It is good to seek out help from others as maybe guiding and directing...seek wise councel...but remember that the Holy Spirit is the interpretuer and He truely knows how to speak to you thumbs

immortalservant

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:20 pm

Thank you immortalservant

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:38 am

Amen, immortalservant, it's sooo important to go back to the Lord when you receive an interpretation, even when it seems the intepretation is spot on because we all see in part, the full interpretation is the Lord's. And He speaks to each of us differently - while there is some symbolism that tends to be consistent across dreams (none are 100% consistent), He gives us symbols that are only meant for us individually. As you understand more and more of your dreams, these personal symbols will become more apparent over time. In my case, my younger son in my dreams is usually symbolic of my relationship with his father. Jamaica often appears in my dreams as my spiritual home, the place where I'm 100% at peace.

This is one reason that it is so important to record your dreams, so that you can go back to them over time....

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:58 pm

Thank you lola, I am learning alot from ya'll, I hadn't realize how symbolic dreams are, even though I started writing down my dreams years ago but never really "attempt" to interpret them until last year. I am finding it is a very powerful tool of communication between God and the dreamer. Like ya'll said praying is key in interpretation and you know sometimes I think if it's a real real important message He wouldn't allow you to miss it, I think, He would make it really clear. thanks again

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:05 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top