Walking in a museum dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Walking in a museum dream

Post by Jesusistheson on Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:33 am

This is my first post to this forum. I've been praying for a dream from God in regards to a certain situation, and this dream came up. I'm not for sure if I should mention the situation surrounding the dream, so that the context might make more sense. For now, I'll just post it like this. I would greatly appreciate help:

I was in a gorgeous museum walking around. The only other person in the
museum was a man, but other than that there was no one else. I walked
around for a while and then I found these 3 objects that I immediately
had to have. Two of the objects I couldn't see clearly, but one of them
was a big, round, heavy circular object. The desire to have them
overtook me; I grabbed the 3 objects, ran out out of the museum, and
went down the front stairs into my minivan. I covered up the objects and then two of my sisters came and
said, "What are you doing? You stole those? You're going to go to
prison!" and I suddenly realized that I had done something unspeakably
wrong. We hopped into the car and drove away, but eventually the police
stopped us, and I knew: I was going to prison for it.

Thank you for your time.

Jesusistheson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Walking in a museum dream

Post by jwhita on Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:56 am

Hi friend. This sounds like a warning dream to me, a call to do the right thing whatever the situation is. The Lord will take care of you if you do what He wants.

jwhita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Odhiambo on Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:11 pm

At first you seem to feel very comfortable with where you are and you tend also to feel satisfied with the three objects that you grab away.It only becomes wrong to you after your sister accuses you of stealing and threatens you with prison.I think this is a good dream .I see your desire,I see your persistent you are going for something stable , solid, real, substantial and complete.But you are going to have it after paying a price,discouragement is on the way and the accuser of breathren wants you to shift a way from your long time desire.

In the last part you meet the police and you feel guilty ,you actually don't know whether they arrest you or not.So you do not meet the very consequences you are being threatened for.

pray on my interpretation.

Peter Odhiambo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesusistheson on Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:56 pm

Thank you very much for your responses. I will be sure to pray and listen carefully.

Thank you, thank you!

Jesusistheson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halo on Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:49 pm

Jesusistheson wrote:This is my first post to this forum. I've been praying for a dream from God in regards to a certain situation, and this dream came up. I'm not for sure if I should mention the situation surrounding the dream, so that the context might make more sense. For now, I'll just post it like this. I would greatly appreciate help:

I was in a gorgeous museum walking around. The only other person in the
museum was a man, but other than that there was no one else. I walked
around for a while and then I found these 3 objects that I immediately
had to have. Two of the objects I couldn't see clearly, but one of them
was a big, round, heavy circular object. The desire to have them
overtook me; I grabbed the 3 objects, ran out out of the museum, and
went down the front stairs into my minivan. I covered up the objects and then two of my sisters came and
said, "What are you doing? You stole those? You're going to go to
prison!" and I suddenly realized that I had done something unspeakably
wrong. We hopped into the car and drove away, but eventually the police
stopped us, and I knew: I was going to prison for it.

Thank you for your time.

~Welcome to the site. When we invite the Lord into our situations, we are alloweing him in to assist us in finding a solution, Amen. There are 3 objects in your dream.....the 3 objects consist often consist of being-spirit, soul, and body. A few more words conveying this same concept are "obey, imitate, and copy." When we enter into a museum we see imitations, and allot of copys.....and we are ask to obey (don't touch the glass, stay within the roped off area.) If we had a mind twister (sound familiar) game that ask "which one dose'nt belong"...coat, boots, swimsuit, the answer would be swimsuit. The message that the Lord is conveying here is the same. The other two objects are not focused upon clearly (imitate, copy) which are things that can be seen with the eye (carnial.) The last, but not lest, is the most important ''obey'' (spiritual, soul, body.) Perhaps the Lord is saying ''be patient and reframe from making a hasty-decision" that could led to an open rebuke in the end. In the book of James 1:2-3, My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers (various trials) temptations; 3, Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. How about that we have chapter 1 and verse 3. Remember this..."God is an on time God, and he knows how to get things done." God Bless

Sister Halo

Halo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:09 am

You say that "the desire to have these things overtook me." This alludes to the state of the heart and not being under the control of the Holy Spirit for the moment.
Are your sisters someone you trust? Have they given you godly counsel in the past? What is your relationship with them? Do they usually condemn you and put you down? Or do they genuinely look out for your best concern? I think examining that will be the best means of unlocking the end of the dream - as to whether they are accusing you falsely for something you should have done and was yours for the taking, or are genuinely reminder of a natural consequence of sin.

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by One Door on Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:18 pm

Hello,
This is my perspective on this dream.
The word "prison" symbolizes "bondage". To go to prison is to "be in bondage". In the dream, you have done something that is going to put you "into bondage" to it. And because of this, I believe the number 3 in this dream may symbolize "to conform". Romans 12: 2 says, "And be not conformed to this world but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God". King James.
The dream shows, you are in a beautiful place, you see something you really like and want to have very badly so you take it. By taking it you will have to conform to it (whatever "it" is), therefore the number 3, and eventually you will be in bondage to it (whatever "it" is).
Police represents authority. God is your authority. It is God who has stopped you.
I really like the end of your dream where you say, "..........and I knew : I was going to prison (be in bondage to it) for it". The word knew means "to know". The word know means "to have a clear perception or understanding of".
I believe without a doubt you will make the right decision in the situation you speak of in the first part of your post.

One Door

View user profile http://lcbspear@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesusistheson on Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:09 pm

Thank you all so much for your help! I find it amazing how all of your answers seem to coincide with what I strongly feel God was trying to convey to me through this dream. Even when the symbols are given different meaning then what I had interpreted, it still makes sense. It seems like their meaning has many layers.

The situation surrounding my dream was like this. I met a fellow Christian man online on a dating site. We talked for about two months, and got along really well, but we were unsure of what to do, because we both have different plans for the next three years. No matter how much we complement each other self, the question of "three years" kept coming up time and again.

I prayed for a dream and soon after, this is what the Lord sent me. This is how interpreted the dream:

The 3 objects represented the 3 years. Since this year just ended, the object I could see was this year--we talked about a lot of important, deep issues, so the year was very heavy. The other years I couldn't see, because they haven't happened yet. The museum represented the man's life, because the more I talked to him, the more amazing he was. The minivan represented my life, because I'm always on the go. Even though I really enjoyed talking to this man, since we were oceans apart and had different directions, I took the dream to mean that it would be wrong of me to steal 3 years of his life.

I think that all of your interpretations of the dream match up in some form or another to what I felt the dream meant. I feel like I have all the final pieces to the puzzle and I thank God for his glory and goodness. Thank you for your support and prayers.

Jesusistheson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jwhita on Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:24 pm

Great interpretation! You really pegged it. May the Lord bless you for making such a difficult decision.

jwhita

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:43 am

I want to point out that numbers in dreams (see my post about numbers) almost ALWAYS represent a real number of something.

Seven cows = seven years

Three baskets = three days

This dream three objects = three years

The stealing part was interesting because it seemed to symbolize that those three objects were not your's.

Last edited by Mia on Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : left out a word)

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:57 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top