Rowing test, learning French and having to go to South Africa, what does it mean?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rowing test, learning French and having to go to South Africa, what does it mean?

Post by traveller on Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:39 pm

I had this dream a week ago. Still don't understand if i have to take this literal or what. Insight would be great!

This is the dream:
My husband and I are rowing in the type of boat we do in real life too. The coach sits up the back(like in real life) and tells us to sit up the front in the boat and show him how we rowed up there. This felt like an honour as we're only beginners and up the front of this type of boat is only for the advanced. Anyway, we start rowing and then I noticed no one else was in the boat, but just us and the coach. My husband starts rowing straight away, doing it right, I was a bit out of sink and found it hard to begin with, but then picked up and threw myself into it. It went well and I thought so too. However, afterwards when we finished? it appeared to have been a test and I was told by some other people from the rowing team who had stood on the sideline that I needed to take one more lesson. I was a bit upset about that as I thought I was already a member and therefore lessons should be included. If I had to take another lesson I would have to pay for it separately. They told me I still needed the lesson, but in the end (of the discussion?) it was part of the membership and I wouldn't have to pay.

Next scene:
I'm going in for a French language practice test with a teacher. It turned out to be a real test and not a practice, but the teacher wanted me to come in every day to read from a language book to practise. I thought that made sense, just like kids have to do at school when they learn how to read. Somehow I'd already passed the test and I was happy. I had to write down dates for something, don't know what for, and as I didn't have a diary I wrote it in a book. Then I was told to go to South Africa.
From here on I only remember fragments, and I think there were some in between that I can't remember, but I'll still include the bit I do remember:
I spoke to one of my good friends about the language test. She was supportive but upset about me going to Africa. In the dream I was thinking she might be upset because she'd always wanted to go to Africa and now I was going..
Also a scene with me taking a shower which was quite exposed and somehow this same friend could see me. I wasn't embarrassed that she could see me (as I would have been in real life..).

If you have any insights/interp.that would be great! God bless you all:-)

Last edited by traveller on Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:40 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : edit)

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rowing test, learning French and having to go to South Africa, what does it mean?

Post by traveller on Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:26 am

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rowing test, learning French and having to go to South Africa, what does it mean?

Post by traveller on Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:48 am

Could the rowing boat be similar to a ministry or to faith in our Lord Jesus Christ? As it's only me and hubby in this boat with the coach which could be Jesus?

And the french language, could that be like when people say that something is french to them, that it's foreign? And that I've got to learn this particular thing (represented by the french language) by practising it everyday? Like reading the bible?

I'd love to get more insight and I pray over that, but somehow I'm still not having the understanding:-(

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine2 on Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:54 am

Here is what I believe the dream could mean....

The two parts of the dream speak of the same thing. There is something in your walk with the Lord that God is "teaching" you. Although you believe yourself to be really strong and already have the hang of it, God is gently showing you that He still has a bit of training left for you before you are proficient. Although you still need a few more lessons they are free to you because you are a "member" of God's family :)

The second part of the dream speaks to me of the specific lesson you are learning. i believe you are learning a deeper language of the Spirit and one of the ways you "learn" this language is by "practicing" every day. You are going deeper in the Spirit and therefore God is teaching you to hear and understand this language in a new and deeper way.

The part with your friend could be about God taking you somewhere (in the spirit or the natural) that your friend has wanted to go. Because of your close friendship your friend will be able to witness the process of God preparing you and cleansing you for your journey but it will not bother either one of you.

Hope this helps!
Blessings!

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:01 am

Hi sunshine!

Thanks for your response. Some interesting points to ponder upon.. I agree with what u said 'The second part of the dream speaks to me of the specific lesson you are learning. i believe you are learning a deeper language of the Spirit and one of the ways you "learn" this language is by "practicing" every day. You are going deeper in the Spirit and therefore God is teaching you to hear and understand this language in a new and deeper way.' That definitely rings true with me as I'm experiencing this very thing right now..

The other thing though is, in the first scene, I'm not sure if that is about the same thing, learning to go deeper in the Spirit.. It would be good,but the reason i'm saying this is, that my husband irl is (still) not saved. Yes, i am believing for that.... but somehow in this scene he's the one very good at the rowing, which made me more think of this as a (future) ministry where he might be naturally better than I am in that area?
Still wondering if and what South Africa could mean spiritually?
Thanks again sunshine and God bless you!

Traveller

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine2 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:52 am

Ok, well that is interesting. Could it speak of something that your husband is naturally talented at in the natural (besides rowing ;) ) that you maybe have to work harder at but will be used for the Lord when he gets saved? That could be another interpretation.

So maybe the first and second dream aren't about the same thing because I really like the "language of the Spirit" part.

It's interesting that after you passed the test in the second part of the dream you knew you were going to Africa. Africa could be literal. Does South Africa mean or represent anything specifically to you? Could it represent a dream that's in your friend's heart that God is allowing you to walk in first? Dreams are always subject to the dreamer :)

Bless you!

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:18 pm

Mmm..been thinking about what u said. Yes, my husband is naturally talented in areas, such as giving..(things, time, efforts, money) and to me this is an area 'in working progress'...:-) I had to think about what happened the other day as we were helping people do stuff. My hubby LOVES doing these things for people and I do too, but for me it takes more effort to throw myself into it, once i'm doing it i usually enjoy it.. Don't know if that's the meaning of this first scene, but it did make me think;-)
As for the SA part..I need to check with my friend as a couple of years ago I knew she had the desire to go and work with Aids-kids there, but I haven't heard about that for awhile. Husband has also just been there for his work (I didn't know this at the time of the dream..) and he was highly excited about the country..
I think I need to pray some more on this as I think there could be more to it.
Thank you sunshine2!! God bless you!

Last edited by traveller on Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:44 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling edit)

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine2 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:20 pm

Ah, sounds good stuff you're finding! Dreams are great! Keep praying and God will keep unfolding it like a present :)

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:17 pm

Yes He does! Amen.... Praise the Lord for He is GOOD, I'm finding goodies everyday:-)

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:04 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top