New York Skyline Up Close

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New York Skyline Up Close

Post by lola21st on Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:16 am

First scene –

I was in a classroom setting with other adults and New York was being discussed as though we were preparing for a trip to go there.

Second scene –

There was an event in New York City where great things were happening (don’t remember what). We were first at ground level but then were flying in the air among the top of the skyscrapers. I could see down the avenues and the tiny cabs and cars at street level. My mother and I were told to make a right on to Scraper Street which was a small street in between two major avenues. We made the turn but I was concerned now that being on this street we were going to fall.

End of dream.

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New York Skyline Up Close

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:27 am

Hi Lurdys! Well, this is another dream about New York. I really see New York as like a place of greatness that you are called to. Because New York is a big city with many opportunities, I see it as a place of destiny for you. This scripture comes to mind: Psalms 118:5, "I called upon the LORD in distress: the LORD answered me, and set me in a large place." So, I see New York city as a place of hope for you, a vision in your heart, a place of promise, where you are called to be of the Lord. I believe that's why this is a recoccuring theme in your dream.

The classroom setting is your schooling in the Spirit, and here you are receiving insight regarding your calling and your assignment in the Lord. This not only includes the areas where you are called to minister, but also the personal promises God has given you in your life. Like I said, this is a place of destiny. While in this place of preparation and learning, you are being prepared to possess your promised land (New York City).

Then the next scene you are not in that place of promise. It's just like God to show you the end from the beginning. He calls things that be not as though they were. He will give you a positive faith vision so that you can step into where you are called to be. The event that was happening I think encompasses several areas of manifestation for you...not just one. Of course, in the things of God there are always levels. We start at step one, and go to step two, etc. It's line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little there a little. When the Israelites possessed the promised land, God instructed them to take it little by little and "grow into it". He said there were not enough of them to control the wild beasts, and work the land. So they were instructed to take it city by city. As they grew, they would take another city and conquer it and possess it. That's what I see you doing here in the dream. You started at ground level. God increases us more and more! We change from glory to glory! (Isaiah 28:10, "For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:" Psalms 115:14, "The LORD shall increase you more and more, you and your children." 2 Corinthians 3:18, "But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.")

Then the next thing you know you're soaring in the Spirit. We have the ability to rise above the limitations of life in God's Word, and by His ability and strength in us. And during this time when you are called to soar, a concern arises in your heart that you will fall. This could either be something you are feeling right now, or God could be showing you the way you will feel about a situation. Of course, we know this is not the report of the Lord. Keep your eyes on Jesus. Because it is His ability that has placed you in this position and not your own. Many times we remember how unqualified we are. But, it is God who qualifies us because it is His abilility in and through us that causes us to succeed. It seems as though this may be something you are currently facing. You know that you are called into the promised land. There may even be a particular aspect of the promises of God in your life that you know God is calling you to, and yet you feel as though you are failing in this area, or that you will fail or can't make it. Don't lose hope, Lurdys! Jesus is the author and the finisher of your faith. If he can endure the cross, despising the shame of it, all for the joy that was set before Him, we can do it to. Ater all, it's His faith within us. Keep your eyes on Him. When we are weak, we are strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. When we are at our weakest, yet are we strong in Him! (2 Corinthians 12:10, "Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.")

This is the scripture that I feel is relevant for your dream, and the ANSWER to what you are dealing with. Hebrews 12:1-4, "Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds. 4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin."

Love and blessings,

Sandra

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:04 am

Thanks Sandra!

Your interpretation is confirmation on several things- as I look back on this year, I definitely have felt growth - spiritually and in relation to my giftings as well as in other areas of my life. The Lord has shown me some incredible things prophetically, several which have come to pass and He has given me the gift of knowledge which is something that at times I've not always felt comfortable operating in (which is one aspect of the feeling like I'm going to fall in the dream) but when I realize that this knowledge is being given to me for His purpose, use and benefit I'm back on track and this has had some truly amazing (and in some cases sobering) results. And there are other indeed other aspects that He has shown me but like Gideon, I'm questioning His selection and seeking multiple confirmations...

laugh ...I see it's time to stop the spiritual confirmation paralysis (as opposed to analysis paralysis) and get with His program! laugh

I think your description of New York City is on target...I've been trying to understand it's relevance in my dreams for some time and have seen it as a place of opportunity and a place of beng equipped...everything you could ever want or need can be found in NYC.

I will take all of this to prayer for more understanding.

Thanks and God Bless you! huggins

Lurdys

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:14 am

You're welcome, Lurdys! I'm so glad it ministered to you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:25 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top