Elephant and a Ox

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Elephant and a Ox

Post by Love's child on Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:06 pm

So recently when I have a dream I get the interpretation of what it is saying , however this dream has me a little puzzled because of a scripture that was given to me with the dream.

The dream is very short...

There is an elephant and it seems to be servant to an ox. The elephant brings the ox tithes everyday.

That is the dream in a nutshell... I had my ideas of what I thought it could mean but what is really throwing me off is that right after the dream I was given Matthew 4 and 6. So I look up Matthew 4:6 and I don't see how it connects. Maybe it is really obvious... you know how sometimes you can see it when it's someone else's dream and then when it's your own u miss the obvious.Hopefully some insight will be given to someone

Love's child
Interpreter
Interpreter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Elephant and a Ox

Post by butterfly on Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:07 pm

What were the tithes made up of, was it money or something else?

I think that in biblical times an ox was used to help in farming. Also the cherubim (one of if not the top angelic host in the bible) had four faces one was of an ox. I think the Lord has used a cherubim in transportation of sorts where they carry him.

Was the elephant in your dream small or large?

I don't know what this dream means but just somethings that come to my mind.

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by True Flight on Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:09 pm

6"If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down. For it is written:
" 'He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone

True Flight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by True Flight on Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:21 pm

What does an elephant represent to you?

Could it be that your spending to much time at work and it is replacing God as your God?

An ox is a beast of berdon.
An elephant is a hard working animal.

Just my thoughts

True Flight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:25 am

Just thoughts...

There is a play on servanthood here that is interesting. The elephant in your dream is a servant to the ox. Butterfly made an interesting reference to the cheribum which has four faces, of which one was the ox. The early church tied the four faces of the cheribums to the four books of the gospel with the ox being tied to the gospel of Mark, representing Christ as the suffering servant.

While both animals are known for their strength, I believe that the ox represents Christ and the elephant represents the enemy. The tie to the passage in Matthew is that this passage is part of the chapter where Satan tempts Christ in the desert. Satan is quoting the Bible to Jesus (Psalm 91:11-12) and Jesus replies that it is written that "You shall not tempt the Lord your God."(Deuteronomy 6:16). The part of this exchange that reminded me of your dream is actually in verse 10 -

Then Jesus said to him, “Away with you,[a] Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve.’”

I don't know if this helps but I pray you receive the full interpretation. Be sure to let us know when you do.... flower

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Love's child on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:42 pm

hmm I never even thought about that reference to the ox butterfly (and the tithe literally just said the word tithe lol.. that's how I knew).

Trueflight I don't think it is work or anything like that... I have had this past month off from work and I have been spending time before God.

Lola what you said to me struck a cord with me... I believe you are on the right track . I am now going to begin to pray more about the elephant. Perhaps it represents the wealth of the wicked laid up for the righteous because the elephant it seemed was forced to serve the ox and like you said Jesus said you shall worship the Lord your God and Him only you shall serve.

Thanks everyone for your input... I will let you know if anything else unfolds.

Thanks

Love's child
Interpreter
Interpreter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:50 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top