WHAT IS GOD TRYING TO TELL ME?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

WHAT IS GOD TRYING TO TELL ME?

Post by Virtuous on Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:58 am

I must tell you all from the start; I can't really remember ALL of this dream in vivid detail but I'm going to do the best I can...

I dreamt the Praise & Worship team was having practice. "F" (the leader) told us to sing the song (I can't remember the song we were singing) individually in our own way. "Q" (old praise leader who is no longer on the team) went first. "F" went next and it seemed like she tried to sing it the way "Q" did. "W" went next. Then "R" went. I went last. The three new members weren't present. As everyone else was singing, I was thinking about how I would sing it in my own way instead of like everybody else. When I started to sing it was like nothing I've ever felt before. I can't really explain it but it was almost as if the words were just coming out of my mouth and I didn't know it. Like I wasn't trying to sing but I was singing (I hope that makes sense to someone). Almost as if it wasn't me...you know? "Q" began to say something about us all having a different style and something to the effect that we needed to find a way so everybodies style would fit together?

The scene changes and we're in a classroom taking a test. I can only see "Q", "A" (our drummer) and me. We are sitting at desks taking a test. I remember answering some questions and skipping over some. We had to pass our test to someone to grade and I remember trying to hurry to complete the test before I handed mine to someone. I had "A's" test and there were some left blank. But as I was grading his, I noticed that I was going to miss a lot on my test because I didn't remember seeing some of the (multiple choice/matching?) questions on mine that I saw on his. I was like, "I must've missed this part. I didn't see these on my test.)

...I've been having frequent dreams about our praise team.

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: WHAT IS GOD TRYING TO TELL ME?

Post by Cholette on Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:51 am

Hello V!

I have some thoughts on this dream so continue to pray regarding this dream.

The first thing that came to mind is that God is doing something different with you and your ministry. While others are trying to mimick each other, you are being led by the spirit...this is why the words were coming out of your mouth without you knowing it...that is the Spirit of God and you are the vessel.

I believe the second part of the dream is showing you the difference between your assignment and someone else's. You can't compare what's on your assignment to someone else's. You saw something on his that you didn't see on your's because I believe you are going in a different direction.

Continue to pray...this is the first thing that came to mind as I the dream.

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:00 am

Heeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyy, watch out now!!!!!!!

I believe the second part of the dream is showing you the difference between your assignment and someone else's. You can't compare what's on your assignment to someone else's. You saw something on his that you didn't see on your's because I believe you are going in a different direction.

I have been praying that God will reveal my assignment to me !!!!!!!!!!!!! woo hoo happy dance

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:02 am

One thing though...

I wonder why there were questions on the tests that were left unanswered...there was a lot of them....

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:09 am

By the way,

I am LOVING your signature...POWERFUL WORDS!!!!!!! Cheering :clap2:

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:49 am

Thank you girl!!!! I heard that said in a message I was listening to and it blew me out of my chair!

As far as the unanswered questions on the test...I'm thinking unfinished business or incomplete assignment. It's like "A" isn't completing the assignment even though it may seem so. That's why we can't "compare" ourselves to anyone because we NEVER know the whole story. It's not a judgement that you should have towards him, but more of a lesson that things are not always as they appear. Ya feel me?

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:09 am

I can't really say that it was "A's" test (I think some of his were unanswered). I know there were things on his test that I didn't see on mine.

I think
I'm thinking unfinished business or incomplete assignment
holds true for me. It may be true for "A" as well, but I felt this concerning me when I read it because I know for a fact there were questions that I didn't complete... : disappointed

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:46 pm

This is what I was trying to convey to you...

You said,

I had "A's" test and there were some left blank. But as I was grading his, I noticed that I was going to miss a lot on my test because I didn't remember seeing some of the (multiple choice/matching?) questions on mine that I saw on his. I was like, "I must've missed this part. I didn't see these on my test.)

You had "A's" test and there were some of HIS answers left blank. You were looking at your test and comparing it to YOUR test and thinking that you were going to miss some questions based on what YOU saw on HIS test. What I was saying was, the test (in my opinion) is the assignment. You were basing your answers on his and figured you answered them wrong. I likened that to seeing someone in their assignment and comparing it to your own, which isn't a good idea.

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:02 am

Ooooooooooh, Ok! I understand what you're saying now.

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:41 am

Merry Christmas to you and the Fam!!!!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:50 am

Thank you!

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:06 pm

I have to agree with some of what Cholette has said in that you have to stay true to you and not compare yourself to others giftings.

Do you feel like God has anointed you to sing for him and could your anointing for what you do be greater than some of the persons on the praise team? Maybe you don't realize the power of your gift? Again, don't try to be like someone else, find out where you fit and roll with that. You will be blessed by committing your gift to God and glorifying him with it. Allow God to take over your vessel and others will be blessed.

How you were singing in the dream makes me feel like you are a humble person who really wants to be used of God and you want His WILL to be done above your own. You seem to have a pure heart--no ulterior motives. You clearly have something special that sets you apart from others on the praise team. Because of this fact, some will 'HATE' but don't allow that to discourage you.

I've had many classroom dreams and I always felt like it was God 'shaping me' and 'teaching me' something that he wanted me to know before I could move forward. Others are looking at you--you're a living epistle, being read of men daily. How you handle pressure and how you react to others will be the key to someone else's salvation and knowing Christ. Do you feel like you're being tested where you are? Do you feel like you've missed out or missed the mark in some ways because of your comparing yourself?

Let God show you and teach you just a little bit more before you move. You may not have missed out on anything but God may still need to prune you a little more. Keep your spiritual eyes and ears open. Stay focused. Don't look at what others are doing. Do what God has specifically told you to do and God will take it from there. God will show you what you need to know at His appointed time!

Be blessed and please pray over what I've said

Desiree

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:34 am

Do you feel like God has anointed you to sing for him and could your anointing for what you do be greater than some of the persons on the praise team?
Yes...absolutely! God "HAD" to anoint my voice because I've NEVER been able to sing. I come from a family line who sing like song birds...except for me of course :snicker: : ; but I've always had a passion to sing. Growing up, I was teased and laughed at alot because everyone else sounded so beautiful and there I was sounding like a wounded puppy. But "DEEEEEEP" down inside I knew I would one day have a voice so anointed that the presence of God would just fall! I've always had dreams and visions of that happening. Now when I sing, my family is like... holy moly ; and all I can say is, "I told yall so."

I have a strong desire for worship. I Loooooove worship! I love to be in the presence of God and when I worship Him, He ALWAYS show up!
Maybe you don't realize the power of your gift?
I've been told this a lot... scratching chin
How you were singing in the dream makes me feel like you are a humble person who really wants to be used of God and you want His WILL to be done above your own.
THIS...this is my greatest desire crying ! I want God's will to be done in my life. I've never wanted something so bad before in my life. The more I get to know who God is in MY (have to make this one personal) life, the more I want to please Him and be the great woman of God He has called me to be - HIS WAY!

All of the desires and dreams I have was built on the foundation of Jesus Christ..sure foundation..the cornerstone. I need THAT foundation to build on. Any other foundation is UNsure and only a milestone. I realize I moved off of the foundation trying to build up the dreams and desires God gave me. I wanted all that He had for me but I was trying to build it on the wrong foundation and God I am so sorry crying ! I am so sorry for leaving you. I am so sorry for walking away...I didn't realize that that's what I did and I am so sorry crying !

Desi, you have said a lot that has a lot of meaning. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. huggins

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:00 pm

Girl anytime! I give God all the glory!

God loves you virtuous and don't allow Satan to make you feel guilty. You've confessed your faults, now just move on in God! He has so much in store for you! RECEIVE IT!

Be blessed

Desiree

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:24 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top