Tattoo dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tattoo dream

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:56 am

I remember being inside a room with one of my sisters and my mom. I had on a whitebeater shirt (a thin white and sleeveless tshirt) and I remember looking at my arms that had dark ink all over them. I told my mom that I mustve been a little tipsy (inebriated) when the tattoo artist did my tattoos because I don't remember agreeing to her ink job!!! As I examined my arms in the mirror, I was a little regretful (because after you get tattoos it's hard to go back and remove them), but I felt somewhat sexy--as though I was Angelina Jolie (a bad girl, yet still sweet! ) There was all kinds of expressive artwork on my arms but on my right side I thought I saw a girl (who mightve represented me) with white hair, white eyes (somewhat scary and skeletal design) and dark chin. My sister said it looked like the girl had a goatee!!lol...The drawings on my arm just seemed a little eerie and 'dark' to me (reminded me of those biker boys and chicks, who have weird drawings on their arms, seems satanic). My arms were also a little bigger.

When I looked at my left arm, it seemed a little bit more calming. An inscription of my character was written underneath a picture of a water faucet with a little drop of water falling from it. On top of that drawing was a cartoonish drawing of King David as a shepherd boy. He had a cute smile with something bald up in his hands (I assumed it was those stones to kill Goliath).

Even though I liked the tattoo and after reading the bible I convinced myself it was okay to get one even though the bible says not too, I still had my doubts. I wondered if my husband-to-be would like me after he found out I had all of these tattoos on my arms?

***IRL, I have no tattoos but I had though about getting one.

Last edited by Desiree (Starpop) on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tattoo dream

Post by True Flight on Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:07 am

the t-shirt is called a wife-beater thumbs
its a reference to the type of guys that wear them.

as far as the dream goes, I get the sense that you entered into a contract or covenant, spiritual or physical, that isn't such a good contract

True Flight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly on Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:37 am

When someone's eyes are white in my dream it is not a good thing. It has meant the occult, something demonic, death.

I love art and designs and I have also thought about getting a tatoo as well. I would say pray carefully about this, some tatoo's (if not all) are not good and not of God so one has to be careful.

Last edited by butterfly on Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:22 am

Having a tattoo dream myself, I learned that tattoos symbolize making a permanent commitment to something/someone. It may be your desire to make something/someone/a memory/an event permanent in your life. It's important to know what the meaning of the actual tattoo is of.

Just to add my Two Cents ; the bible clearly speaks AGAINST having tattoos. I wanted to get a couple myself until I read Leviticus 19:28 "Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord".

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:35 am

Hmmm...I've been waiting for someone else to have a tatoo dream because I had one a while ago and never understood what it meant. I heard the same thing that V was saying...that it's a permanant marking or commitment to something.

So...if we go with the scripture that V quoted from Leviticus and if God uses tatoos in our dreams as a symbol of something, is it safe to say that having a tatoo dream is NOT a good thing or a good symbol? Just asking because my dream is constantly coming back to me and I've been praying about it, but the interpretation hasn't come to me yet.

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:55 am

In my case, God revealed to me that I had made a permanent commitment to the desire of wanting to be with someone. The tattoo itself meant victory. The specific part of the tattoo meant I would overcome the desire and the longing of wanting to be with this person. The color of the tattoo meant there was a hope/healing to take place. Even the fact that the tattoo was on my back meant that I could only see it if I looked in the mirror - the word of God.

This dream WAS a good thing/symbol for me. I would have to dig deep for an explanation to share but just know that this was a REVELATION dream for me.

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly on Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:19 pm

I don't know if this will help but below is an article on the debate that surround tattoos.

http://christianity.about.com/od/faqhelpdesk/f/tattoochristian.htm

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by unaday* on Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:53 pm

Desiree,
This verse came to me as i pondered and prayed on your dream:

And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15

You can choose go one direction which is sin that leads to death (the demonic girl- symbolism of death) or you can go the other direction which leads to life (born of spirit and water= life)

I am not sure if there is a struggle in your life or a struggle to come...in regards to where you want your destiny to end up and where God wants your destiny to end up. But God has chosen you as he chose David among men. But the choice is yours...which will you make a permanent commitment to?

This dream is a definite prophetic message.

unaday*

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ofQmeao9I

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:57 pm

Sorry Butterfly but, in my opinion, this article is an insult.

"What to do when the bible is unclear?" WHAT???????!!!!!!!!! bandaid

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly on Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:04 pm

I think what the person meant was that the bible isn't always clear about whether certain things are indeed lawful or not today. For instance in the New Testament someone in the bible states that women should not talk in the church. So how do Christians nowadays view that scripture?

When we look on bible verses we have to keep it in it's proper context or we will run into problems. I remember one time God said to a preacher that if a person does not look on scripture in light of other scriptures that person will fall into deception.

Last edited by butterfly on Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

butterfly
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by unaday* on Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:05 pm

Hey guys ...let's remember to start exciting and interesting debates in the right section and not under where the person sending the dream is seeking an interpretation!

unaday*

Back to top Go down

Post by Virtuous on Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:08 pm

No debate...

Virtuous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:42 pm

I once had a dream as well where someone I know had two scars and a tattoo. In this context, the scars were wounds that would heal but the tattoo represented a permanent imprint, something/someone he would never forget....

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:59 pm

Well Unaday
I want to clear something up: I can honestly say that I am in NO way struggling to choose "whom I will serve". I mentioned that the tattoos "reminded" me of something satanic, but not that it necessarily was Satanic. I just felt the drawings were interesting. I didn't have the idea for the tattoos, the tattoo artist did!! I do believe that I am called of God AND that the spirit of David is on me--I looove David's pureness of heart and his commitment to the things of God.

In the dream, I forgot to mention that my arms were much bigger and I think that emphasizes my strength and that God is giving me more strength by his blood to overcome the enemy in every way! I have made a "permanent commitment" to the things of God!

When I think of the dream, I am also reminded of the scripture that Paul spoke about: "when I want to do good, evil is right there next to me (paraphrase"). Living righteously is a day to day challenge because there is so much spiritual warfare taking place. I can't look to the left or to the right when it comes to making decisions---but I have to look ahead and know that God is with me nomatter what!

PRAISE GOD for his faithfulness and the victory! Thanks for your responses everyone!

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:45 pm

Living righteously is a day to day challenge because there is so much spiritual warfare taking place. I can't look to the left or to the right when it comes to making decisions---but I have to look ahead and know that God is with me nomatter what!

Amen, Sister, amen!

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by unaday* on Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:34 pm

Hi Desiree...sorry if offended you honey...wow.
I think that what i am saying is misunderstood. I was not implying tha you are living in any evil state or rebelliously. I was implying that there are things that can come to present its self but the choice is either right or left - God or not God. It still implies who we will serve and who we will serve daily! Hope you can understand what i saw a bit clearly now..be blessed.

unaday*

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:31 pm

I completely understand and Thanks for your clarification!

You in no way offended me girl, I am glad that we got things straight...and you're right--I have to always choose what is the right thing to do!

God bless you much :)

Desiree

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:18 am

Funny how we mention Paul.....He said the very things he struggled with and asked God to take from him were the very things he did. I agree Des that the arms show the strength you have to overcome the obstacle that may present it self to you. You are more than a conqueror through Christ Jesus. The choice we make to stand for Jesus is a moment by moment choice and will continue to be that until He calls us home. But praise the Lord that much grace is given and much love given to get us through those times.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:01 pm

Thanks for the encouraging words Connie!

Two scriptures come to mind when I look at this dream and to confirm what Unaday was speaking on: Proverbs 4:27 "Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil." and Deuteronomy 5:32 "Ye shall observe to do therefore as the LORD your God hath commanded you: ye shall not turn aside to the right hand or to the left."

This next year I want to continue to remain focused on God and not unto my own understanding (your scripture connie! Proverbs 3:5) and let God do the rest!

Thank you all for your support and prayers!

Desiree

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:16 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top