View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by butterfly on Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:30 am

I dreamt that a lady put a wreath in front of my neighbour's gate, another lady also put something else in front of my neighbour's gate.

Last edited by butterfly on Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:00 pm; edited 2 times in total

Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wreath..........

Post by True Flight on Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:35 am

There are several interpretations of the symbolism of the Advent wreath. Advent is four weeks The accumulation of light is an expression of the growing anticipation of the birth of Jesus Christ, who in Christian faith is seen as the light of the world. The circular wreath represents God's eternity and unity. Evergreens are a symbol of enduring life.

In some traditions the first candle is called the prophet's candle and is meant to signify the hope of Jesus' coming. The second is called the Bethlehem candle in honor of the city of Christ's birth. The third candle is the shepherds' candle. The final candle is the angels' candle, symbolising the angelic proclamation of joy at Christ's birth. A number of carols have been written for use with the short liturgy accompanying the lighting of the Advent candles in church services. A common format is to add an extra verse each week, relating to the symbolism of that week's candle.

In the Church of England's modern liturgy [3], the first candle is attributed to the Patriarchs, the second to the Prophets, the third to John the Baptist and the fourth to the Virgin Mary.

True Flight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top