TO ALL MEMBERS - PLEASE READ!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TO ALL MEMBERS - PLEASE READ!!!

Post by lola21st on Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:28 am

It is an incredible blessing to see the growth in the number of members of this site! At the last count we are now a community of 1043 members which is nothing short of God remarkable because just one year ago the membership was under 300 members. I believe that there are several reasons for this growth - aside from the magnetic personalities... laugh ....it is truly God at work.

When Mia and Laura started this site last year, it was in response to a calling that the Lord had placed on Miaís heart which was to teach people how to interpret their dreams so that they could grow closer in their fellowship with the Lord. One key premise of her teaching is that dream and symbol interpretation would be Bible based. Another key piece that the Lord told them was that the site was not to name drop, i.e, reference external ministries. It is important that this site be a neutral ground so that we are not distracted from our mission which is to interpret dreams and discuss dream interpretation. If we allow references to external sites, we invite judgment and potential dissension within the group. Even in those cases where a ministry is extremely well known, there will always be some who do not support the ministry. Our challenge is that we donít want to appear as though we implicitly support a ministry by allowing references because we donít want to alienate other members who donít agree with the teachings of that ministry.

Iíve found myself in the last couple of weeks editing several posts and PMíing members to make them aware of this rule which is something I donít like to do but have to do in order to maintain the integrity of the site. So I thought Iíd post a link to Lauraís teaching on this very topic as she provides an eloquent explanation. I encourage all members, especially our newer members, to read this posting as well as some others that I think will serve as a great refresh for longstanding members or as a great teaching for newer members. Please read and abide by these principles while on the site:

External websites
http://miasherwood.forumotion.net/forum-rules-regulations-f16/more-rules-and-guidelines-t2216.htm

Symbol Use
http://www.heartsongministry.com/Dream_symbols.html

Living as Children of Light
http://miasherwood.forumotion.net/forum-rules-regulations-f16/living-as-children-of-light-t1194.htm

I would like to add something related to this last posting, ďLiving As Children of LightĒ. This site is meant to be a place where people can come to learn, seek confirmation on their dreams, fellowship, and otherwise receive and/or provide edification from/to others. It is our desire that everyone leave here feeling better/stronger than when they arrived. Everyone should expect to have a peaceful experience while here. Should you ever find that that peace is not possible because of another memberís contact or actions towards you, either on the boards or behind the scenes (i.e., PMs), please feel free to PM the moderators to let us know of the situation and we will prayerfully address it.

We love you all and pray that God continues to richly bless you!

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS - PLEASE READ!!!

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:49 am

Thanks Lola for posting this. It is good for us to be reminded who have been on the site for some time and I agree that we need to be an encouragement to everyone who comes here.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:55 am

Praise the Lord and Thank you Jesus!!

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HisLightbeam on Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:03 pm

Yes'm.

HisLightbeam
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:56 pm

Amen Lurdy's and thank you SO much for addressing these issues. Everything that is hidden in darkness, God will bring to Light! please let us know about any questionable emails you may be recieving...whether it is harrassment or if something just doesnt sit right in your spirit.

love,

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:57 am

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:37 am