Unknown people in dreams

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unknown people in dreams

Post by unaday* on Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:39 am

I was thinking this morning and would enjoy your opinion and thoughts on this:
When we dream people that we have never seen before- whether for symbolic reasons- or whatever the case
do you think that these people exist in real life- whether in our home countries or half way across the world? Or are they non-existence and conjured up in our dreams to serve the purpose of the dream?

* i am talking of those we never have or never will see in real life as opposed to the dreams that show us people we will meet in real life.**

unaday*

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ofQmeao9I

Back to top Go down

Re: Unknown people in dreams

Post by shofar on Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:23 am

Have wondered this myself in both cases actually.. what does this mean?? How do we know we will ever meet these people in our dreams?? This is a very good question.. that I have asked myself many times.

FOR HIS GLORY AND WILL ALONE!!

Ann

shofar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:46 pm

This is an interesting question, I think it is worth digging in deeper. Of course I don't have the answers but I would love to know myself. I have dreamt of people I have never seen in my life also in the dream not even seeing their face. There has to be a reason. Why would God show you an unknown person? Why would He not reveal the person's face? The more I think about it the more I see how awesome and mysterious God is and how He is perfect. He has a way of dealing exactly with us. He knows how to reveal little by little to draw us nearer and nearer to Him.

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:03 pm

I missed this question when it was originally posted. I suppose we'll never know the full answer but I personally believe that those individuals in our dreams are actual people and more likely than not we're being called to pray for them....all depends on the context of the dream of course....

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshine2 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:21 am

I agree with Lola and believe that is can be a call to pray for them. Of course God can do whatever He wants and use whoever He wants. How do we know that at night we don't end up in other's dreams bringing them messages from God? Really the night time season is such a mystery.

sunshine2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:50 am

Indeed! That just gave me chills though...the thought that I could be in a stranger's dream....wow....

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:53 pm

Sunshine wrote:How do we know that at night we don't end up in other's dreams bringing them messages from God?
With us all being in different places, countries, etc we could be dreaming about people on here that we've never seen before, but God still knows:-)
Sometimes I meet new people that I know i've dreamt before, but i'd forgotten until i actually see them.. Now, with writing down my dreams, i hope when this happens again i can put them into that specific dream context. I have a lot of dreams with people i don't know in it.

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hind'sfeet on Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:32 pm

I've never met anyone I've dreamt about.

hind'sfeet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shofar on Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:30 pm

traveller wrote:Sunshine wrote:How do we know that at night we don't end up in other's dreams bringing them messages from God?
With us all being in different places, countries, etc we could be dreaming about people on here that we've never seen before, but God still knows:-)
Sometimes I meet new people that I know i've dreamt before, but i'd forgotten until i actually see them.. Now, with writing down my dreams, i hope when this happens again i can put them into that specific dream context. I have a lot of dreams with people i don't know in it.

Don't think that it necessarily means that your going to met those who were in your dreams. Have had loads of dreams where by I have many in my dreams and I don't expect to meet them IRL when my dreams come to pass. It seems to me that the reoccurring people that you personally know count the most in your dreams and at that, those people may symbolize who you are or what you are in Christ/Yeshua, your calling, gifting, etc...Or sometimes personal people are a reflection of something about you. Like for instance, these two people that I know personally show up in my dreams over and over again. They symbolize something greater for the cause of Christ/Yeshua in those dreams for and to me. Not that I will necessarily meet up with them, though that is possible as many dreams can be layered. It most definitely depends on the context of the dream and so forth. In fact a perfect example of this is found in Gen. Chapter 37-50, the story of Joseph. Here you see a very personal story about IRL people that were in his dreams and how it unfolds. This is a good example here.

Someone who is way more seasoned then I really needs to speak on this.. but so far this is what I have come to understand!!

Hope this helps in some small way..

FOR HIS GLORY AND WILL ALONE!!!

Ann

shofar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:00 pm

Shofar,
Yes, i agree with what you wrote too. I meant that sometimes people can be a reflection of real people, but I also believe that they can be symbolical (probably more often than not) as that also often happens in my dreams:-)
Thanks for your reply anyway!!

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nal on Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:15 pm

I had a dream on a Friday night about an African man standing in a river eating a fish except all that he had eaten was the fishes head. I didn't know him at all.
That Sunday I was playing in the worship band and in walks an African man in authentic African dress. I knew that I had to talk to him, especially as I got closer to him and recognized him as the very man in my dream. As I was talking to him I felt compelled to tell him about my dream and we both just about pooped our pants when I told him that in the dream he was eating only the fish's head because that is what he does...he likes to eat fish heads. We have gotten to know this young African man and he has been such a blessing to us. Everytime I see him I am amazed at God's details. So from my experience unknown people can be people that God will be putting in your path.

Nal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shofar on Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:42 pm

Nal wrote:I had a dream on a Friday night about an African man standing in a river eating a fish except all that he had eaten was the fishes head. I didn't know him at all.
That Sunday I was playing in the worship band and in walks an African man in authentic African dress. I knew that I had to talk to him, especially as I got closer to him and recognized him as the very man in my dream. As I was talking to him I felt compelled to tell him about my dream and we both just about pooped our pants when I told him that in the dream he was eating only the fish's head because that is what he does...he likes to eat fish heads. We have gotten to know this young African man and he has been such a blessing to us. Everytime I see him I am amazed at God's details. So from my experience unknown people can be people that God will be putting in your path.

That is truly amazing and wonderful that this happened to you, that God showed you this man in your dreams and that this came to pass. So far, only the personal people in my dreams and those in them, many of those have come to pass about them, others of these dreams are yet to come. The ones who represent the calling and gifting have also started to come to pass. The dreams that I have had where by the many of unknown faces?? None of those have come to pass yet, where by I meet up with them. Then again, have not been to some of these places, etc.. either and some of these were also symbolic as well. So it just depends.

Thank you for speaking out on this..

FOR HIS GLORY AND WILL ALONE!!!

shofar

shofar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:45 pm

Traveller,
thanks for pointing me here.
And I have had so many dreams with people in it that I dont know. I never paid attention so much before now. Has anything significant happened upon meeting the people you dreamt about?

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by traveller on Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:27 pm

Hi Angelwings,
No, nothing significant happened then but that was also because I never wrote my dreams down before last year, so never acted/prayed over those unknown people either. Now, I document the dreams I remember and pray over them/and those people if I feel it's a call for prayer..but also I'll be able to look back at them when I'll meet some of these people in the future..(if they're literal).
Sometimes in my dreams I have literal conversations with some of these people too, so I guess that will help to recognize the situation too, when it happens. I also know a lady who saw (in her dream/vision) the top half of a man's head that she didn't know, when she'd been praying about her future husband, and when she saw his picture in an article of a church magazine, she knew that he was the man she'd seen in her dream. They got married.

Last edited by traveller on Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add line)

traveller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:19 am

sunshine2 wrote:I agree with Lola and believe that is can be a call to pray for them. Of course God can do whatever He wants and use whoever He wants. How do we know that at night we don't end up in other's dreams bringing them messages from God? Really the night time season is such a mystery.

I can really relate to this thread.

http://www.heartsongministry.com/2007_Virginia_Tech.html

This link is a dream I had the morning of he Virginia Tech shooting. It was absolutely amazing and is the reason why I take praying about what I see in dreams very seriously.

The very words that God gave me to pray for this girl, that morning - before this even happened - were the words reported in a later newspaper article.

God is INCREDIBLE.

Last edited by Mia Sherwood on Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:12 pm

Hi Mia - Don't forget the link...

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:11 pm

Link? What link??

Oh.. that link.

TY, L.

Jeez. I thought I posted it.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:32 pm

wow, thats an amazing story Mia. Praise God!!

There's my answer. All I need to do then is....pray, pray, pray!

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gissy2 on Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:38 am

traveller wrote:Hi Angelwings,
No, nothing significant happened then but that was also because I never wrote my dreams down before last year, so never acted/prayed over those unknown people either. Now, I document the dreams I remember and pray over them/and those people if I feel it's a call for prayer..but also I'll be able to look back at them when I'll meet some of these people in the future..(if they're literal).
Sometimes in my dreams I have literal conversations with some of these people too, so I guess that will help to recognize the situation too, when it happens. I also know a lady who saw (in her dream/vision) the top half of a man's head that she didn't know, when she'd been praying about her future husband, and when she saw his picture in an article of a church magazine, she knew that he was the man she'd seen in her dream. They got married.

traveller, thanks for sharing this. i have a friend also, who dreamt that she will marry a man with the name beginning with S, she doesn't dream much but she remembered that, a few months later she met and married a guy whose name begin with an S, it wasn't until afterwards she remembered the dream! It's amazing how God speaks to us individually, what may work for you may not work for another! i guess if that "unknown" person weighs heavy on you play attention because they maybe very known in the future!!

Gissy2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:12 am

Angelwings wrote:wow, thats an amazing story Mia. Praise God!!

There's my answer. All I need to do then is....pray, pray, pray!

This is another story like that that just amazed me. I always PRAY! because God does not give dreams in a void!

http://www.heartsongministry.com/2006_border_chase_ends_in_crash.html

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelwings on Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:53 pm

that really blesses me. I feel honored that God trusts ME to pray for the individuals He has shown me. I don't even consider myself a prayer warrior or intecessor but yet God calls me to pray. HE amazes me daily.

Angelwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:16 pm

Angelwings wrote:that really blesses me. I feel honored that God trusts ME to pray for the individuals He has shown me. I don't even consider myself a prayer warrior or intecessor but yet God calls me to pray. HE amazes me daily.

He really is just amazing, isn't He?

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:18 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top