Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
newleaf

Does hearing things prophectically mean a harder life?

Not any harder than doing a ministry of any kind. I believe anyone doing any kind of ministry is going to have to sacrifice some.

I agree with Connie. I also would like to add that when you receive a prophetic word, the enemy pulls out all the stops to prevent that word from taking root. In Mark 4 it says..."The sower sows the word. And these are the ones by the wayside where the word is sown. When they hear, Satan comes immediately and takes away the word that was sown in their hearts. These likewise are the ones sown on stony ground who, when they hear the word, immediately receive it with gladness; and they have no root in themselves, and so endure only for a time. Afterward, when tribulation or persecution arises for the word’s sake, immediately they stumble. Now these are the ones sown among thorns; they are the ones who hear the word, and the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things entering in choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful. But these are the ones sown on good ground, those who hear the word, accept it, and bear fruit: some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some a hundred.” (vs 14-20)

I've learned over the past month that just because you receive a prophetic word doesn't mean it will automatically come to pass and THAT'S what the devil wants...for it not to come to pass. If he can uproot the seed that was sown into your heart then he has accomplished what he is after. You have to cultivate the seed and water it with the Word of God. Build your faith in that area and pray over it. As you do that, no matter how hard life becomes, you will be solid in your stance to see the word come to pass.

Harder life? Like Connie said, whether you are in ministry or have received a prophetic word, the word "hard" is relative.

Little words are good Connie. I'm VERY chatty...it takes me a whole paragraph and sometimes two to answer ONE question.

~ Okay Cholette, i can't pass this one by....I know what you are saying, and it is oh-so-true. I'm one of the biggest-lying-preacher's, and long winded individuals you have ever encounter, lol. When preaching, I always say ''i'm gonna close this up, in about 5 minutes"......yah right!!!!!! another 15 minutes or sometimes even 1/2 an hour. Halo

Justblueskies~ to answer your question, Yes.

Connie~