painting Lanes...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

painting Lanes...

Post by unaday* on Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:49 pm

I had a dream last night that I was driving my car and then a heavyset woman put her hand up and told me to stop the car because there is construction up ahead. So i stopped to wait until they were done. Then I saw my friend - she was one of the workers. She looked tattered and tired, dressed like a construction worker. She came on the road and her job was to paint lines to divide the lanes. I remember that the white lines were ALREADY painted but she took a lime green paint and started painting these lines beside the already painted lines. She looked so worn. I remember feeling that I didn't want her to see me because i didn't want to embarrass her because of the state that she was in.

unaday*

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ofQmeao9I

Back to top Go down

Re: painting Lanes...

Post by RnestseekR on Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:55 pm

What is the spiritual state in real life of your friend? Is she intimate with Jesus, or, spiritually speaking, is she working for someone else? Even if she is saved, is there a possibility that she is continuing to do a job that has become monotonous because it is what she has known all this time - as opposed to serving somewhere where she is called and gifted? Is there a possibility that the "construction ahead" means that God will be making some changes in her life that need your prayer?
OR, is there an area of your own life that parallels this woman in which you feel that you are not being productive or only able to add just the smallest bit of your own creativty/flair to (i.e., the lime green paint - the fun color was the only way to break out of a boring job). Perhaps you are feeling that you cannot speak up about this area where you are being restrained in your creativity or passion for fear of embarrasing either yourself or whoever is in authority over the job???

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:57 pm

What do you think the significance was of the heavyset woman in the car with you who warned you of the construction ahead? Was it someone you knew?

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:00 pm

Sorry - one other thought coming to me initially is the contrast between the construction zone and the monotony of the friend doing the work. Perhaps this is a call for PATIENCE to stay where youare/or where she is while HEcompletes the infrastructure of the new road???

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by unaday* on Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:31 pm

Hi :0)
YOu have said somethings to really think about!
Here is her background...my friend got married back in May... I was almost deinvited because of my concern for who she was marrying and me and other friends letting her know how we feel. He is controlling, he is one seeking deliverance from homosexuality, he is one that is very emotional. She changed a lot during their time together and it was very very concerning. They got married and I prayed God's best for them but when i told someone the dream they revealed to me that she is not happy...I am wondering if the dream has anything to do with her present situation.

unaday*

Back to top Go down

Post by unaday* on Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:48 pm

just hit me!
Construction site, green line
Could my friend be 'rebuilding' friendships or lifelines (green symbolizing life) The white lines on the lanes 'divide the lanes' but she painted green lines beside them- what she has 'divided' she is now trying to put together.
(as said earlier- she almost de-invited us from teh wedding and kind of dumped us as friends--- she HAS started to reach out to most she pushed away recently.)
Thank you RnestseekR you helped me see this!

unaday*

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:22 pm

Rnestseekr-great words-wow!
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:58 pm

I hope the rebuilding the friendship is the right interpretation of the dream. I am sure that now you will remember the weariness your friend felt in the dream (if she comes to rebuild your friendship) and embrace her with Jesus' love. I hope you can share the JOY that only Christ can bring we are stuck in crummy situations. Our church has been doing a sermon series on the Fruits of the Spirit - one thought would be to review what joy means so that if you get the opportunity, you can provide mentoring and direction for your friend. Post us sometime to let us know how God uses you in this friendship!!!

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:37 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top