a dream i had

View previous topic View next topic Go down

a dream i had

Post by helenjoy on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:07 am

i had a dream last night and am seeking interpretation for it.

i dreamed a former friend (who in the past year the Lord has separated me from because she was controlling) died. i was sitting in a church service. her and her husband are pastors. and before me i watched as she jumped into what looked like a swimming hole. but when she went down, she never came up. i waited and waited but no one was helping her. so i jumped up out of my seat and ran to the swimming hole. it looked like thick sulfer waters but it wasn't hot. i saw bubbles coming up from where she was submerged, but she never surfaced. i made several attempts to put my hand in the water to reach for her - knowing that if she grabbed my hand, she would pull me down. she's very heavy and she would easily have pulled me down. i never connected with her hand. all the while i was feeling sorry for her husband - yet not even he made an effort to help save her. the whole church was still having their service and i was trying to reach for her.

the air bubbles stopped and i knew she had drowned. i felt so badly. it was emotionally intense. i knew i was the only one who had made an effort to save her - but soon i saw a girl i knew who had come up from the same waters. she was dripping wet - yet she did not know my friend who had died. i asked her what happened to my friend. she said she did not cultivate her experience in her relationship with the Lord. she just had a one time experience. and I woke up almost in tears from the emotions of watching her drown and no one saving her.

can anyone help me know what this means?

helenjoy

View user profile http://www.generationsproject.net

Back to top Go down

Re: a dream i had

Post by Halo on Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:15 pm

Miss Helen~ I would like to share something with you that happened to me as the same as you. I am glad that the Lord has lead you to this site. I too, have had experiance with this type of spirit that this individual possess, a ''dominating spirit'', these types of people have a tendecy to override conversations, are self-centered, and possess a fear of losing-controll in whatever the case may be, and all to often lean unto their own understanding. They are jelousy of others who try to obtain a relationship with the one whom they have befriended, they see this as a threat, therefore having them in such bondage that they don't even realize it at the time. These individauls are unconventional, and have a tendency to go ''overboard'' with things. I experiance a relationship like yours two years ago. I begain to pray for this individaul in hope that the Lord would deliver me or her or both. I begain to wonder if something was wrong with me, so I went to the Lord with this matter, we can run to him when we cant run to no one else, Amen. One day when I was in prayer I told the Lord that I felt like a ''puppet on a string'' with someone else pulling my strings that I wonted him to cause my moveements and to be dominated by him and him alone, not that of man or women as far as that goes....I prayed, and I waited for his instructions.....lo and behold, the Lord answered, as usually, right on time....Here's what he spoke, "You have only but one master, I cause your movements, there is some you just can't reach", after this, I come to a realization about the type of spirt I was dealing with, and the Lord was teaching me all the while, Praise God. I questioned the Lord as to wheather or not I was where he needed me to be or if something was wrong with me in gerneral, if this was the case, I gave him permission (through prayer) to fix me!!!!! because he will not over-ride you. For you see, I had to invite the Lord into my situation to assist me in finding a solution. The problem was'nt me, I was on the right track by doing what I was doing, the problem was the enemy trying to ''pull me down" through that of another who posessed a dominating spirit. I came out a winner and the devil came out a liar, Because I possessed understanding and insight of the matter. What was meant for evil, was turned around for the Good!!!!! I gained wisdom and knowledge, understanding, what an awesome God we serve, Amen. If this had not happened to me, it would not have been presented here today. Thank you, for being dominated by the Lord's spirit to be lead to this site. God Bless.

Sincerly, Halo

Last edited by Halo on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Halo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NeWine on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:53 pm

Dear Helenjoy;

I think possibly this dream has another side to it, as well. Your former friend who disappeared in the water may represent the dead churches that many Christians find themselves in, today.

Carnal minded, they feed the belly, not the spirit. Heavy in works and legalism. Those that will not come out from them, will go down with them.

"After these things I saw another angel coming down from heaven, having great authority, and the earth was illuminated with his glory. And he cried mightily with a loud voice, saying, 'Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and has become a habitation of demons, a prison for every foul spirit, and a cage for every unclean and hated bird!'" (Revelation 18:1,2).

"And I heard another voice from heaven saying, 'Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues. For her sins have reached to heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities'" (Revelation 18:4,5).

Many commentaries describe Babylon as symbolic to the false church. Any church that quenches the Holy Spirit, is setting itself above God. Those that continue to be apart of a church like that are bowing to a false authority.

Just as you "stepped" away from this relationship, and came out from under "unauthorized control" over your life. So God wants his people to come out from these dead churches, and serve him, and worship Him in spirit and in truth. Many denominations have "died" from their experience in God. In stead of carrying the torch of fervency, their founders had in the beginning, their light has gone out, and their love has gone cold. If one can continue to go to a church who's candle has long been removed, then one is not seeking Christ with their whole heart.

Now that you have been released, seek not again to come back into bondage. How frightful it would have been had this woman representing the "apostate church" grabbed your hand and pulled you into the abyss a long with her. How frightful to think that millions are. And we must pray, and warn them.

The young girl who came from the water is Christ's Church from death to life, she come up and out- a new creature in Christ. This is the true Church.
One is going down; one is coming up! I suppose the Lord gave you this dream because he wanted you to feel his heart in the matter. What a dreadful thing. We must pray and warn.

If you re-read Halo's sharing in this other light. it will make as much sense as well, because she speaks of the nature of a controlling, dominating spirit, and it operates the same, whether it is an individual, or an organization.

"Come out from among them And be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, And I will receive you" (2 Corinthians 6:17). "Beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God" (2 Corinthians 7:1).

"Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him; for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds" (2 John 9-11).

"Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted. Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch" (Matthew 15:13,14).

"Go forth from Babylon! Flee from the Chaldees!" (Isaiah 48:20).
"Depart! Depart! Go out from there, touch no unclean thing; go out from the midst of her, be clean, you who bear the vessels of the LORD" (Isaiah 52:11).
"Move from the midst of Babylon, Go out of the land of the Chaldeans" (Jeremiah 50:8).
"Flee from the midst of Babylon, And every one save his life! Do not be cut off in her iniquity, For this is the time of the Lord's vengeance; He shall recompense her" (Jeremiah 51:6).
"We would have healed Babylon, But she would not be healed. Leave her, and let us go everyone to his own country" (Jeremiah 51:9).
"My people, go out of the midst of her! And let everyone deliver himself from the fierce anger of the Lord" (Jeremiah 51:45).
"Up, Zion! Escape, you who dwell with the daughter of Babylon" (Zechariah 2:7).
"Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues" (Revelation 18:4).

That is what I get from your dream ... In Christ -dee

NeWine

View user profile http://newinepouring.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:00 pm

Helenjoy
Welcome to the group! I hope you have been blessed here!

Your friend is controlling and you felt the need to separate from her. IRL, is this how you feel? Are you wondering if you should disconnect with her because of this trait? I wonder if there are times that you want to help her and be around her but you're afraid that she's going to drag you down or hurt you in the process?

In the dream she goes down this hole and you're the only one that helps her. I wonder if IRL, she is having issues and dying "emotionally and spiritually" and no one, not even her husband sees what's going on but only you do? It seems like when you go to help, it's too late. Maybe this doesn't mean that she will die literally but by the time you reach her she will be too far gone or not let anyone in?

I wonder if you should try contacting her and seeing if she is doing okay? God drew us by his love and we need to do the same thing with others. Even those that are hard to get along with. use the love of christ. Love her until it hurts!lol

Please pray on what I've said
desiree
p.s. ask God how you should approach her

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by helenjoy on Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:21 pm

Wow. Thank you all 3 for your quick responses. I am overwhelmed by God's word revealed through what you've shared. I am digesting it all and allowing the Spirit of Truth to wash over me and give me insight through your words.

Thank you for your selfless devotion to Him through this websight.

helenjoy

View user profile http://www.generationsproject.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:09 pm

To God be the glory!
I think I can speak for everyone in saying it is a pleasure to work for the King!

Be blessed

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:10 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top