Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

Genesis 2: 18-25

Guest Guest
[size=12] Genesis 2:18-25

Loneliness is a cumbersome burden that is borne in silence with a heavy heart. the
weight of friendlessness can easily drive a person to despair. The world is filled with people,
yet so many people feel as though they are the only human on the planet. Adam knew this
solitude. Though he lived in a perfect world, and had an intimate relationship with his Creator
he needed someone else.
When God formed and filled the earth He declared that everything was good. But
suddenly we read in Genesis 2:18 that something was “not good”. God said that it was “not good
for the man to be alone”. Had God goofed? Had He not realized that Adam would be wanting a
special somebody? Absolutely not! God had this all planned out from eternity past. Adam may
have felt like God had forgotten something, but all would be completed in perfect timing.
The two verses following 2:18 may be quickly breezed over with little thought. It is
simply stated that God brought all the animals to Adam and he named them. But consider how
Adam must have felt during this time. The animals parade by at God’s command, and Adam
exercised his God given authority over these creatures by naming them. But when it was all
said and done, there was no one for him. The end of verse 20 says, “but for Adam there was
not found a helper suitable”. This gives the impression that he must have been hoping and
waiting for a companion, but when the whole naming process was over, he was still alone.
Unfortunately, the phrase “suitable helper” has fallen on hard times. Most people today
would think that referring to a wife in such a way would be demeaning and belittling. The
modern woman wants her freedom and independence, not to be shackled down by the whims of
a demanding husband whom she must help all the time. Sin has clouded the minds of humanity
and adversely affected how we view everything including the woman‘s role in marriage.
The phrase “suitable helper” comes from two different Hebrew words. The word
translated “suitable” literally means “as in front of him”
It suggests that what God creates for Adam will correspond
to him. Thus the new creation will be neither a superior
nor an inferior, but an equal. The creation of this helper will
form one-half of a polarity, and will be to man as the
south-pole is to the north-pole (Hamilton 175).
None of the animals would do for Adam as he eventually discovered. He needed someone
similar to himself to share companionship with which he came to understand as he finished his
task of naming the animals. “Helper” does in no way imply anything derogatory. In fact,
throughout the rest of the Old Testament the same word is used of God’s helping Israel (Ex.
18:4, Ps. 33:20) or of military aid (Isa. 30:5, Ezek. 12:14), two things which no one would
consider insignificant or demeaning. Now that is not to say that the women is more capable or
stronger than the man, but simply that the language used does not imply that she is an emptyheaded
maid who is there just to follow orders.
Finally when all the animals had been named the creation of the woman took place. Adam
[/size]
[size=9] SS #9
[/size]
[size=12] was not allowed to sneak a glimpse into God’s creative act; he slept deeply while God formed
the woman. But when he awoke, he was overwhelmed and burst out into poetry. Adam
understood that God had made this perfect compliment from his own body.
‘Bone of my bones’ is the Hebrew expression which corresponds to
our idiom ‘blood relations’. Here is the closets human kinship, which ‘sets
man and woman on an equal footing as regards their humanity, yet sets them
apart from the animals‘. There is also here a sense of satisfied relief that
The waiting is over. God’s provisions exactly fitted his need (Atkinson 71).
Adam’s first recorded words are followed by an explanation of marriage: that a man should
leave his family and become one flesh with his wife. How wonderful that God had created
marriage before the Fall. This relationship was not a punishment of sin nor was it a necessity
because sin had entered the world. Man and women were meant to be united in marriage; it was
part of the perfection of God’s creation.
The woman was and is the perfect compliment to the man. Those who would claim that
homosexuality is a valid path of companionship are rejecting God’s design. Those who practice
such lifestyles are not only sinning against God, they are denying themselves the joy of the
most sacred human relationship and settling for something perverted and inferior. Woman is
“suitable” for the man; she is who God meant him to share life with.
What all does being a “suitable helper” incorporate? Though Genesis does not give us
the details, we are given a beautiful picture of her in Proverbs 31. She is industrious,
charitable, wise, and praised by her husband and children. But her greatest virtue is that she
fears the Lord. When a woman fears the Lord as she should, she will be the perfect helper for
her husband.
In times of loneliness we often wonder why we have been deprived of someone or
something that we feel would meet our need. We are weighed down by the isolation that
loneliness often brings. There are so many things God would have us learn from these times.
Yet one invaluable lesson we learn from doing without is how to properly appreciate someone or
something when it appears. Had God created Adam and Eve at exactly the same time Adam
would not have known how valuable she was. He had done without her, and when God did
present her Adam knew how much she was worth. He was overwhelmed by the precious gift of
a suitable helper that God had provided.
I have found this file and always wanted it to share this teaching.
I know there are many here waiting for that mate that will complete us.
The Lord will Provide,in due time we shall inherit the promise if we do not faint.
The Lord's arm is not short to save.
Courage and patient our redeemer lives.
And God always delights in the prosperity of his servants.

[/size]

MB...MB...MB!!!!!!! You are flowing my friend. I just posted this almost identical lesson on a blog that I created for unmarried women. You even went into part of my next blog.

Man...you are ON IT!!!! Thank you for sharing this!!!!

That is what God did for me and He is not a respector of persons.

I spent many months in solitude. Though I had two small children - all that i owned had been stolen from me, including my car. I had no friends where I lived. I would sit at night when the kids were down for the night...and when i heard a car coming down the road i would rise to look out the window...but it was not for me. ever.

Lonliness was not what i was used to....I am a people person, but God used it for good. This is the place that I began to be hungry for God and began to Embrace Jesus as Lord of my Life....

I continue to be put to the test regularly...and sometimes I fail...............but Praise God that when i least expected it My God sent me a beautiful God fearing and kind man to be my husband. My true husband, as we walked in the Spirit together through our courtship and My true husband supported and encouraged and protected me to remain in the light and insisted that we stay pure for out wedding vows.

All things work together for good for those who are called together for His purpose......

Guest Guest
To God Be the Glory!
The same way you ladies wait and pray , there are men out there Doing the same.
also I have learned from the things you guys have shared on this site too.
Blessed be the name of our God for ever.

AMen, MBstudent. Wow, me and mom, we were discussing this yesterday morning, and Linda, how beautiful is your story! Praise the Lord. Cholette, I would like to see your site, when you would invite me, I would come over and play, LOL.

MB I have done a bit of study on this myself and have even read books on the topic to fill in for more of what went on during this time. There is a great more to all of this then what most understand and you have definitely brought out some of this. It's important that we realize that it was indeed before the fall, that Adam and Eve were married. :)

One thing also to note.. God did institute marriage indeed between a man and a wife.., with that though you see many prophets single though..People who have a prophetic mantel tend to be single. Very few can fulfill any sort of calling if they married.., unless they truly have a supportive wife or husband. Not many out there!!! Here is another thing that in my studies concerning life.., IF WE SEEK HIM AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS, EVERYTHING ELSE WILL BE ADDED UNTO US. Matt. 6:33. Let God direct your path always and let HIS WILL BE DONE!! For some of us, the gift of singleness is imperative.. for others not so. None of us should assume that we just have to be married or whatever. Sometimes God calls us out, and wants us to be single. Never assume the will of God.. always Seek HIM first and let HIM direct your path. The days ahead will require many of us to be single for what is coming at us, for many not so.. SO Seek GOD FIRST!!

The other thing is this.. Let God choose your mate.. Don't assume that person is what God wants you to have, to marry. I know I made that mistake and it cost me dearly!!!

Thank you for posting this MB.. even though this was posted sometime back.. the newbies here like to read over everything.. :)

FOR HIS GLORY AND WILL ALONE!!

Ann

Guest Guest
With all due respect I was not talking about prophets
My intention was to show that since the beginning God 's will were for the man not to be alone..He saw that it was not Good.
as it is written in the first book of the bible.
God will never imposed the singlehood to you..unless you yield that right to him.
He is not the one causing of divorce and abandonment.
Yes many of Us are require like a soldier to endure certain test but remember it has to be done willingly and others we will be unaware of his purpose until his work is finish but Paul said this: It's good for a man to have a wife, and for a woman to have a husband. Sexual drives are strong, but marriage is strong enough to contain them and provide for a balanced and fulfilling sexual life in a world of sexual disorder. The marriage bed must be a place of mutuality—the husband seeking to satisfy his wife, the wife seeking to satisfy her husband. Marriage is not a place to "stand up for your rights." Marriage is a decision to serve the other, whether in bed or out. Abstaining from sex is permissible for a period of time if you both agree to it, and if it's for the purposes of prayer and fasting—but only for such times. Then come back together again. Satan has an ingenious way of tempting us when we least expect it. I'm not, understand, commanding these periods of abstinence—only providing my best counsel if you should choose them. 7Sometimes I wish everyone were single like me—a simpler life in many ways! But celibacy is not for everyone any more than marriage is. God gives the gift of the single life to some, the gift of the married life to others.
8-9I do, though, tell the unmarried and widows that singleness might well be the best thing for them, as it has been for me. But if they can't manage their desires and emotions, they should by all means go ahead and get married. The difficulties of marriage are preferable by far to a sexually tortured life as a single.
God will never cause a disgrace to you to justify his ways.
It is written that God can make sons of Abraham from the stones
So he does not need to bring a calamaty to our life to prove his point.
Many are seeking God in this matter and want to find a good mate.Interesting your point but let me ask you something in the old law written by Moises a Man was required that in order to be a teacher of the Law need to be of 30 years of age and with a wife
So his works can be justified by the way he manages his house.

How Can God entrust a teacher better than a prophet?
one and the other are important parts for the whole body,I respect the prophecy ministry but for that your Doctrine needs to be pure and not Corrupt.
Also God has sent his prophets to married prostitutes too and while beign in covenant under that unholy union the anointing was present. . He did it How do you explain that ? The man was obeying God..Who is right then and who is justified?
So in order to be a prophet singlehood is not a requirement this passage shows that.
I am sorry To Disagree with you in this matter.
If this file was posted before I did not know
But my intention was To Show that is God's Will for us To have a mate .
And if we pray according to his will we shall received.
If this doctrine is wrong then prove it using not your knowledge
Find me a contradiction of this passage using the word of Whom wrote the Bible.

People who have a prophetic mantel tend to be single.

Never heard this before...

Hi Ann...

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying so if you can elaborate that would be wonderful. You said...

Very few can fulfill any sort of calling if they married.., unless they truly have a supportive wife or husband. Not many out there!!!

Hmmm...that seems pretty short sighted so I'm thought I would ask to make sure I read the underlined/bold statement in it's proper context.

I have a prophetic mantle on my life that is developing and I know FOR SURE I'm getting married. However I do understand where you are coming from when you said that, but as MB stated, I'm not sure if God would put the prophet over the teacher and vice versa.

Anyway, I don't want you to feel like we are coming down on you...I just want to know where your thoughts are...

I have a prophetic mantle on my life that is developing and I know FOR SURE I'm getting married.

This is why I made the statement I made. I was wondering if I had missed something...

MB, with all due respect I didn't say that a prophet had to be single... What did say was, prophets/prophetess you'll find tend to stay single..but not all were single.. This allows them to focus more on God and less on serving one another, as in a marriage.. This was not to say many of them weren't married. Many of the prophets in especially the OT were martyrs. Having a spouse and children was not conducive towards this. Enoch was married.. but Elijah wasn't. They yielded themselves to what God wanted.. not what they wanted. That was my point, to seek God first and HE will direct your path.

I know this wasn't about prophets and all.. I brought that point up to say.. that some are given this gifting to be single. Yes, teachers were married.. understand and agree with you there and all of your examples given.

I am humbly sorry as this was not meant to turn this into a disagreement with anyone here.. that wasn't the point.. Actually the point was to Seek GOD FIRST in what HIS WILL IS, as per Matt 6:33.

Btw, I have no problem with the gift if singleness, but this was not always the case. TO be celibate now is not a problem..., and yet I have yielded myself to this.. Yet this is not for everyone.. and that doesn't make one person better then another.. by no means at all!!!

So yes I agree with you in all that you have stated.. and also for what marriage pertains to.. Actually I think sex is a very, very small part of what marriage is about.. though most definitely important. Marriage is about both serving one another.. that is most definitely a given.

FOR HIS GLORY AND WILL ALONE!!!

Ann
My prayer is to point to Yeshua.. in all of this and for HIS WILL TO BE DONE in our lives.. not the reverse.

mbstudent wrote:
With all due respect I was not talking about prophets
My intention was to show that since the beginning God 's will were for the man not to be alone..He saw that it was not Good.
as it is written in the first book of the bible.
God will never imposed the singlehood to you..unless you yield that right to him.
He is not the one causing of divorce and abandonment.
Yes many of Us are require like a soldier to endure certain test but remember it has to be done willingly and others we will be unaware of his purpose until his work is finish but Paul said this: It's good for a man to have a wife, and for a woman to have a husband. Sexual drives are strong, but marriage is strong enough to contain them and provide for a balanced and fulfilling sexual life in a world of sexual disorder. The marriage bed must be a place of mutuality—the husband seeking to satisfy his wife, the wife seeking to satisfy her husband. Marriage is not a place to "stand up for your rights." Marriage is a decision to serve the other, whether in bed or out. Abstaining from sex is permissible for a period of time if you both agree to it, and if it's for the purposes of prayer and fasting—but only for such times. Then come back together again. Satan has an ingenious way of tempting us when we least expect it. I'm not, understand, commanding these periods of abstinence—only providing my best counsel if you should choose them. 7Sometimes I wish everyone were single like me—a simpler life in many ways! But celibacy is not for everyone any more than marriage is. God gives the gift of the single life to some, the gift of the married life to others.
8-9I do, though, tell the unmarried and widows that singleness might well be the best thing for them, as it has been for me. But if they can't manage their desires and emotions, they should by all means go ahead and get married. The difficulties of marriage are preferable by far to a sexually tortured life as a single.
God will never cause a disgrace to you to justify his ways.
It is written that God can make sons of Abraham from the stones
So he does not need to bring a calamaty to our life to prove his point.
Many are seeking God in this matter and want to find a good mate.Interesting your point but let me ask you something in the old law written by Moises a Man was required that in order to be a teacher of the Law need to be of 30 years of age and with a wife
So his works can be justified by the way he manages his house.

How Can God entrust a teacher better than a prophet?
one and the other are important parts for the whole body,I respect the prophecy ministry but for that your Doctrine needs to be pure and not Corrupt.
Also God has sent his prophets to married prostitutes too and while beign in covenant under that unholy union the anointing was present. . He did it How do you explain that ? The man was obeying God..Who is right then and who is justified?
So in order to be a prophet singlehood is not a requirement this passage shows that.
I am sorry To Disagree with you in this matter.
If this file was posted before I did not know
But my intention was To Show that is God's Will for us To have a mate .
And if we pray according to his will we shall received.
If this doctrine is wrong then prove it using not your knowledge
Find me a contradiction of this passage using the word of Whom wrote the Bible.

Do a study on this.. Many were single but not all were.. :)

HUGS!!!

FOR HIS GLORY AND WILL ALONE!!

Ann

Virtuous wrote:
People who have a prophetic mantel tend to be single.

Never heard this before...

If God has called you to get married and you have a prophetic mantel then go for it!!! Just seek God first in all things is what I was saying.. FOR GOD's WILL TO BE DONE!!! :)

Ann

Virtuous wrote:
I have a prophetic mantle on my life that is developing and I know FOR SURE I'm getting married.

This is why I made the statement I made. I was wondering if I had missed something...

Even good things can become a place of idolatry if we are not careful to put God first.
Women esp grow up with expectations and it is easy to become discouraged if we are disappointed
but God is the answer.

Indeed!! Agree!!! God is always the answer, always!!!!

Ann

justblueskies wrote:
Even good things can become a place of idolatry if we are not careful to put God first.
Women esp grow up with expectations and it is easy to become discouraged if we are disappointed
but God is the answer.

I love helping others and believe this is what God wanted me to do.
Moreover, language interpretation and subjectivity can create disharmony, but seek god's guidance and things will become clearer eventually. God's time and space not human time. The Gregorian Calander (12 months of the year etc was created by man not God).
I enjoyed your article, your passionate words and since finding the lord am happily celebate. Let's thanks the lord each day for those who are not used for human trafficking. I do not have children, but I would be saddened if my daughter or son was used for human trafficking, especially if they were maimed, drugged, shackled to a bed and their passports taken from them. They even kill the all family should the family try and get their child back! A true follower of Christ would NEVER ALLOW THIS to happen to another person to obtain wealth, power and pain! This is too vast for me so I place it with God, Jesus and the Angels to handle. We all have a Guardian Angel to help us. God's chosen Angels to help his people. Ask God for help and Jesus.