bible names......

View previous topic View next topic Go down

bible names......

Post by promisedchild on Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:39 am

dreamed i was trying to get out of this door and i looked down and there was the name EL ELOHI

promisedchild

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: bible names......

Post by Kitty - A Nerd For Jesus! on Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:58 am

In Hebrew our (inherited language):

Genesis 33:20: "there an altar, and called it El-elohe-Israel

you'll be blessed to read that chapter and understand the wisdom the Lord will give you about the door you are trying to get out of.

With sincere Love
Kitty

Kitty - A Nerd For Jesus!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:24 am

Joshua 22:22 Jehovah Lord God - The Lord Powerful Creator ELOHIM Gen1:1
The door and the escape for this situation Had written the name of God the creator on. Victory is yours, the battle is the Lord's and
Only could be Jesus since the name of God giving in translation is the same in authority as JEHOVAH.
while going in the desert the column of fire was leading them
El: Mighty,strong,Prominent
and Elohim is plural for EL
And it means:God Creator,Preserver,Transcendent,Mighty and strong
Gen 17:7;6:18;9:15;50:24,1Kings 8:23,Jer 31:33
The Hebrew word ’elo·him′ (gods) appears to be from a root meaning “be strong.” ’Elo·him′ is the plural of ’eloh′ah (god). Sometimes this plural refers to a number of gods (Ge 31:30, 32; 35:2), but more often it is used as a plural of majesty, dignity, or excellence. ’Elo·him′ is used in the scriptures with reference to Jehovah himself, to angels, to idol gods (singular and plural), and to men.

When applying to Jehovah, ’Elo·him′ is used as a plural of majesty, dignity, or excellence. (Ge 1:1) Regarding this, Aaron Ember wrote: “That the language of the O[ld] T[estament] has entirely given up the idea of plurality in . . . [’Elo·him′] (as applied to the God of Israel) is especially shown by the fact that it is almost invariably construed with a singular verbal predicate, and takes a singular adjectival attribute. . . . [’Elo·him′] must rather be explained as an intensive plural, denoting greatness and majesty, being equal to The Great God.”—The American Journal of Semitic Languages and Literatures, Vol. XXI, 1905, p. 208.

The title ’Elo·him′ draws attention to Jehovah’s strength as the Creator. It appears 35 times by itself in the account of creation, and every time the verb describing what he said and did is in the singular number. (Ge 1:1–2:4) In him resides the sum and substance of infinite forces.

ELOHIM = GOD. It is a TITLE. NOT GOD'S PERSONAL NAME. This is found at (Exodus 6:3) And I used to appear to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as God Almighty, but as respects my name Jehovah I did not make myself known to them.
Modern Judaism forbids the use of the word "Elohim" under the belief that "Elohim" is one of God's names, and that speaking his name out loud is forbidden by the Torah. Therefore, when said out loud outside of prayer, and when written not by a Sofer Stam, the word's fourth letter hei (Hebrew: ה') is replaced by the letter kof (Hebrew: ק), which is similar in shape but completely changes the phonetic pronunciation of the word from "Elohim" to "Elokim". In Hebrew culture it is often easy to differentiate religious people from secular people by the former's use of the word "Elokim" or "Hashem" (Hebrew: השם, meaning "The Name") instead of the word "Elohim". Other names of God are also replaced, such as "Adonai" (In writing it is replaced by the letter hei and when spoken is replaced by either "Hakadosh Baruch-Hu" (Hebrew: הקדוש ברוך-הוא, meaning "The Holy One, Blessed He Is
May the Lord Bless You and Keep You

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:33 pm

Whenever God drops a name in my spirit or sleep that I'm unaware of I'm quick to look it up!

Just a reminder: Whatever major decision you make, make sure you check with God first!

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:12 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top