Would you believe, a dream?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Would you believe, a dream?

Post by Noah777 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:04 pm

Hi everyone,

new to this - thank you for the forums and the opportunity to share and possibly get an interpretation - and TIA for your input.

There is a lady I know, I'll call her Ellen. She is a friend, I was hoping to move to more than friends, but she was not willing.

I had a dream about Ellen:
I was upstairs in her house (I have no idea why), looked like a log house, and came downstairs; she was apparently at work, but her Father was there. I have no idea what her actual Father looks like, I've never met him, but this Father was wearing light blue pyjamas, had glasses, grey hair. I asked him for her phone number at work, which he gave me on a scrap piece of paper. At this point, Ellen walked in, so I joked around about "Okay, I'll go call her", and we all chuckled. I asked her what her plans were for the evening, and if she wanted to go to a Bible study group with me.
At this point, the Father stepped up, and took away the scrap piece of paper with her phone number on it, and said "She is not permitted to represent your name." Ellen put her face in her hands, as if ashamed - and her hair got shorter.
I was not upset by the Father's actions; I was inclined to ask him if we could go talk about this privately, but I was caught between wanting to go talk to him in another room, and wanting to stay and try to console/comfort Ellen so she wouldn't be upset. Tell her it was okay, I'll deal with it.
I jolted awake from the dream at this point - no reason to jolt awake.

I have had what I believe is a dream from the Lord three times in my life; all three times, it was the same style of dream, and I was jolted awake exactly like this, but the "interpretation" was straight forward - no symbolism (one was a plane crash, it happened about three hours later, another was my friend and his wife taking their baby to the hospital where the baby almost died - I was awakened from the dream of them taking the baby to the hospital probably to the minute as they did leave to take their baby the hospital, I can't remember the third dream right now). This dream seemed exactly the same only with lots of symbolism.

I'm all ears for suggestions and interpretationsm TIA,
Noah

Noah777

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Would you believe, a dream?

Post by Noah777 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:35 pm

I forgot: the Father had a British accent. (I'm in Canada)
TIA,
Noah

Noah777

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halo on Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:56 pm

Noah~ The term "Jolt'' is an action word; I say that in reference to your dream or dreams in times past, it holds the meaning of to shake roughly, to shock, to move jerkly, therefore makeing it a verb. The actions of this dream seems to play out quite well at the hand's of another against you. It is done by the ''gainsaying'' of someone near her. I believe this young lady has suffered a loss, the loss of you at the word's of another. This is the initial shock of it, ''a -lying-tongue''. The jolt of anything would be ''I can't believe this is happening". At this time I would also like to add that the word tells us to shake ourselves, to act upon whatever the case may be, through prayer, Amen.

Sincerly, Halo

Halo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by immortalservant on Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:57 pm

Well, if you were upstairs but had to come down to speak to her father this could mean that he is not on the same spiritual level. (Which is not meant for you to cast judgement but just to understand that her father may not be on the same level.) This seems to also prove that thru the glasses...can not see spiritually as well. Pajamas Sleeping Christian??? Slumber Spirit? Just some things to think about. Not even sure if the man is saved either, but if so these are just some symbols that could represent some error. The light blue may be that he is the authority figure but not a pure authority that is a way God structures authority. If that makes sense. The gray hair could mean truth mixed with tradition, and sometimes traditional things can be religious. Her hair getting short is a symbol of shame so this was showing you that she was ashamed of what he had said. Now, the meaning of your name if Noah is your real name is comfort and rest...He said that she is not permitted to represent your name. Check the meaning of your last name also see if there is anything there. But maybe just maybe hope I am not going way off base, but is it possible that there is some legal reasoning for her not to recieve comfort and rest? If she has any bitterness toward her father this could've given a door for demonic oppression. So, just some things to think about. hope that gives you a lil help.

immortalservant

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/refuelignite

Back to top Go down

Post by immortalservant on Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:59 pm

ooooh Halo that is reallly good insight!!!!!!!!!!!

immortalservant

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah777 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:39 pm

*very* thought provoking folks, thanks. It turns out my last name means sorry wretch or fool! haha! Ah, isn't that just a great one for the ol' self esteem. I didn't know that.
Thanks for the input.

Noah777

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FM on Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:51 pm

I am very new to this site and have never really interpreted anyone's dreams (except my own)...so this is just a thought...Could it be that her father actually represents her heavenly father, and that He is saying she is not the one for you? By saying, "she is not permitted to represent your name" perhaps He is saying that she is not to be your wife (you said you wanted to move to more than friends). Again, just my thoughts...

FM

FM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:10 pm

Actually, FM, I had the same thought for the same reasons.....

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah777 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:17 am

Hi folks,

I too had wondered if it was perhaps God - except Father God does not shame us. And this was certainly not the character of Father God in the dream. I'm sure all of you have had the experience where you receive severe correction or rebuke from the Father, and it made you just feel so loved! :) It's not shameful at all.
I had to agree with immortal; the shortening of the hair, the action, and the feelings I had all indicated she was *ashamed* of what her Father did. There's more here than I said, but her Father has done many shameful things to her, and he's not a christian, but very religious.

I'll admit to being quite new at attempting to interpret dreams, but I've already put a lot of prayer and thought into this one. I've ruled some things out, but the Father representing her natural father is one I haven't been able to rule out - in fact, it seems the most likely.
Halo and Immortal's comments both really rang a bell with me; I'm not saying that's the final answers, but both were really provocative and made me think of things I hadn't thought of.
I appreciate the feedback - thanks, because I've really struggled with this one, and I seriously think this dream was from the Lord - but that's okay - that means He will reveal its meaning in due time.
Thanks!

Noah777

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by immortalservant on Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:41 pm

LOL on the last name! Yeah that was my first thought also as FM and Lola but then I looked into the description of the Father and it didn't seem to fit with me. So, it can be a possibilty but not sure. But since you say religious that makes sense of the gray hair of truth being mixed with tradition because usually the ppl who are traditional are religious. Hope you recieve your answers.

immortalservant

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:11 pm

Noah777 -

I'll admit to being quite new at attempting to interpret dreams, but I've already put a lot of prayer and thought into this one. I've ruled some things out, but the Father representing her natural father is one I haven't been able to rule out - in fact, it seems the most likely.

Please don't apologize in disagreeing with my and FM's comments, if they didn't witness to you that's ok, you shouldn't receive it. flower Personally, I missed the piece that Ellen felt ashamed when her father took the paper from you, I must not have read through the dream thoroughly enough...that would've changed my interpretation had I noticed it (because you're right, the Father would never make us feel condemned) so I apologize to you! sorry

Since you're a newbie, I want to take a moment to share a couple of principles regarding interpretations, if I miss anything someone else can chime in:

- A dream is the dreamer's so even with a thorough description of the dream, there are often elements of the dream or background regarding the dream that may not conveyed for any number of reasons. Sometimes we may even forget portions of dreams but when we receive an interpretation, it quickens with our spirits because it is a Holy Spirit filled interpretation. That type of intepretation connects the dots even where the dots may not have been stated or aren't obvious and makes you go shocked praiseGod ....

And if you've been praying about a dream and the Lord has placed things in your spirit regarding that dream, please don't receive anything that doesn't line up with what's in your spirit - it's your dream that the Lord has given you so you know best when an interpretation is on target ...yes, sometimes there are things that we should receive but don't but if an interpretation is for us, the Holy Spirit will draw that connection for us, no one else should...

One other clarification...

Thoughts typically represent a reasoning in the natural based on the symbols in the dream and the nature of the dream so it's superficial in comparison to a Holy Spirit filled interpretation. People who have been interpreting for a while may still be able to provide accurate interpretations based on thoughts/reasoning in the natural, and that's from understanding the meaning of symbols, dream styles, context, etc. over an extended period of time - but it's still more of a "connecting the dots" exercise than a Spirit filled interpretation so error is still possible.

Nothing wrong with this approach, when I personally do this, I usually indicate that my comments are thoughts only so that the dreamer doesn't put too much weight on my thoughts, especially if they're not accurate - I want God to get the glory, not the blame. If they're not accurate, I don't want the dreamer to be confused that God misled them because that would be wrong and sinful on my part as the interpreter.

Also, if I'm giving an intepretation the Lord will put scriptures in my spirit that line up with the dream or are for the dreamer (which means it may or may not line up with the dream but is a word for the dreamer).

A dreamer should never feel like they have to explain/reason through why thoughts/interpretations don't fit and the interpreter should never force their interpretation on the dreamer. Ok, let me get off of my
soapbox , just felt led to add this... Bless You

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah777 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:36 pm

Haha! You guys crack me up with your emoticon figures. I appreciate y'all taking the time for me here - I seriously want to learn about all of this, and was wading through Mia's stuff on her website that I didn't see the first time I was there. Good stuff there. So I want to hear all the banterings and thoughts you are sharing, as it helps me in the learning process.
you've given me even more food for thought here and I'll sit there and digest it in my quiet times here.
Thanks again.

Noah777

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:54 pm

Great, I'm glad that you've been blessed! We want you to learn as well because your walk with the Lord will take a wonderfully awesome new turn...be prepared to be amazed! God rocks!! woohoo

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah777 on Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:20 pm

So let me ask yas this then: What might be the ways in which one can determine whether a dream is actually from God, or even us, or from that stupid pizza I ate the night before?

Again, just trying to get a handle on things and learn while I'm here - thanks for all the input.

Noah777

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:46 pm

Funny you should ask..... flower

Actually, I believe there was a thread on this very topic in one of the other sections....I'll check this weekend to see if I can find it and post the link....

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah777 on Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:22 pm

Ya, I looked around the forums specifically for something related to discerning dream sources, but haven't found any. if you stumble on it - yes please, I'd appreciate the link. And thanks!

Noah777

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shofar on Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:54 pm

Hey there Noah.. welcome on board here..!! Hope you don't mind my jumping in here Lola and everyone, but here's the link to that thread; url=http://miasherwood.forumotion.net/practical-experience-prophesying-through-dreams-visions-f19/how-to-tell-when-a-dream-is-from-god-t4903.htm][/url] Actually when I saw that thread, it was to seek what others had come to know on this.. :)

The other thing is sometimes in my dreams God has given me scripture even. So this is another way to know as well.

Hope this helps.. Thing is, I haven't been able to interpret my dreams yet.. Though parts of my dreams I have.. with hints from those who do have the gift of interpretation, also has helped.. At this point I need prayer that God will give me this gift of interpretation. Alone with God blessing me with dreams, is so very humbling!!! So if God would grant me the other, would just blow me away!! This is always for God's glory, for any of this!!!

Thank you all for sharing as this was awesome to read through these posts!!!

FOR HIS GLORY AND WILL ALONE!!!

Ann (shofar)

Noah777 wrote:Haha! You guys crack me up with your emoticon figures. I appreciate y'all taking the time for me here - I seriously want to learn about all of this, and was wading through Mia's stuff on her website that I didn't see the first time I was there. Good stuff there. So I want to hear all the banterings and thoughts you are sharing, as it helps me in the learning process.
you've given me even more food for thought here and I'll sit there and digest it in my quiet times here.
Thanks again.
-f19/how-to-tell-when-a-dream-is-from-god-t4903.htm]

shofar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah777 on Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:57 pm

Thank you.

Noah777

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shofar on Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:04 pm

Your Welcome Noah.. As true believers in Yeshua... we are suppose to help one another always, for God's glory!!!

For HIS GLORY AND WILL ALONE!!!

Ann

Noah777 wrote:Thank you.

shofar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:54 pm

Amen, Ann! And THANK YOU for finding the thread... you rock

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shofar on Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:07 pm

Awwwwwwwwww!!! Your more then welcome and thank you for the encouragement!! Actually I was glad to be of help!!!

FOR HIS GLORY AND WILL ALONE!!!

Ann

lola21st wrote:Amen, Ann! And THANK YOU for finding the thread... you rock

shofar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah777 on Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:56 am

UPDATE:
Okay folks, thank you so much for everything. I asked the Lord last night for a clear interpretation, and I believe I got it. It appears I was trying to make things more complicated than they were.
First, I am more convinced then ever that this was a dream from God. It has all the hallmarks of a dream from the Lord, with what little experience I've had that most definitely was dreams from the Lord, affirmed with real-world events and a plain interpretation.

I believe this was simply information; I thought it was perhaps something for the future, but no - I believe it was a "now" word, describing the present situation and the "why."

The dream is simple: The past acts of her father have shamed her into thinking she cannot marry me, and as a result, she won't even get involved with me romantically. This has nothing to do with me , as represented by the emotions in the dream - it didn't bother me that her father said she couldn't represent my name or took the contact info; I would deal with the father - appropriately, politely, and I was confident he would come around. It really wasn't a big deal to me. It WAS a big deal to Ellen - as far as she was concerned, it shamed and embarassed her, and closed the door to us having a relationship.

I know she was sexually abused by her father as a child; I am aware of this and other things. I've patiently stood by her side as a friend, and will continue to do so - but this would make a LOT of sense; one minute she's very warm toward me, the next, she's very cold - like she's afraid of me or can't trust me.
Now I *could be wrong on all of this*, so bearing that in mind, let me ask y'all this: What's the next step? Here's the next steps that come to my mind, please give me your input:
1) Seek confirmation from the Lord of the interpretation
2) I figure if I'm praying for something that's not true, there's no harm done - God knows my heart and knows what the scoop is, however her and I both know the shames of her past - they are there and no doubt need to be dealt with and healed. So I'm praying for the breaking of the bondage of shame, and that the Lord would heal her.

Any other suggestions?
Again - thanks.

Noah777

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shofar on Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:01 am

Noah, I would definitely ask for God's spirit to confirm all of this.. Another words, truly seek Him and He will show you. I know that may sound difficult, but if you truly seek God on this, He will show you.

Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner, but my mom and my brother came up to visit us, which was very important as my mom is well up in age and to take off with everyone to go down there to see her, would have been no small fete. Plus one of my dreams apparently confirmed something for my brother as I was able to share with him. Nothing happens by accident. The past few days has been busy for me in preparation for their visit. So in order to remember to respond to you, I kept this site open to remind me to comment on this.

Back to what you were saying here.. Ellen's abuse in this matter would indeed cause problems with her, dealing with her past experience with the seeds of what has been sown into her. Which would have caused her swings in feelings towards you there within the dream. Forgiveness is imperative to her healing. I know because I have suffered abuse of sorts.. both verbally and physically. Also to suggest for her to stay away from her dad at least for a time until this healing is complete if at all possible. It seems as if she blames herself for what has happened to her.. and that is simply a lie. Those lies need to be dispelled, rooted out of her heart, and for her to realize that God truly does love her. This is extremely important!!

Please let us know anything on this to update us here. :)

Thank you for sharing all of this with us!!

For HIS GLORY AND WILL ALONE!!!

Ann (shofar)

Noah777 wrote:UPDATE:
Okay folks, thank you so much for everything. I asked the Lord last night for a clear interpretation, and I believe I got it. It appears I was trying to make things more complicated than they were.
First, I am more convinced then ever that this was a dream from God. It has all the hallmarks of a dream from the Lord, with what little experience I've had that most definitely was dreams from the Lord, affirmed with real-world events and a plain interpretation.

I believe this was simply information; I thought it was perhaps something for the future, but no - I believe it was a "now" word, describing the present situation and the "why."

The dream is simple: The past acts of her father have shamed her into thinking she cannot marry me, and as a result, she won't even get involved with me romantically. This has nothing to do with me , as represented by the emotions in the dream - it didn't bother me that her father said she couldn't represent my name or took the contact info; I would deal with the father - appropriately, politely, and I was confident he would come around. It really wasn't a big deal to me. It WAS a big deal to Ellen - as far as she was concerned, it shamed and embarassed her, and closed the door to us having a relationship.

I know she was sexually abused by her father as a child; I am aware of this and other things. I've patiently stood by her side as a friend, and will continue to do so - but this would make a LOT of sense; one minute she's very warm toward me, the next, she's very cold - like she's afraid of me or can't trust me.
Now I *could be wrong on all of this*, so bearing that in mind, let me ask y'all this: What's the next step? Here's the next steps that come to my mind, please give me your input:
1) Seek confirmation from the Lord of the interpretation
2) I figure if I'm praying for something that's not true, there's no harm done - God knows my heart and knows what the scoop is, however her and I both know the shames of her past - they are there and no doubt need to be dealt with and healed. So I'm praying for the breaking of the bondage of shame, and that the Lord would heal her.

Any other suggestions?
Again - thanks.

shofar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Noah777 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:12 pm

HI Ann,

No apologies needed - thank you, I appreciate the insight and thoughtfulness of everyone here. I appreciate the opportunity to learn, and have been wading around the other dream interpretations to see what I can learn there as well.

I'll come back if there's any updates.
Thanks again!

Noah777

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halo on Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:46 pm

Noah~ I feel like telling you at this time from what I've read I think you have a preety good hold on what has gone on in times past, and even what is of the now. But, the next question is this, what to do about it. I just posted some instructions for another, I would like for you to go to this dream and read it, I think it will be of a great help to you. (what does this disturbing scene inside a church mean?)

Halo

Halo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:31 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top