Went to Payless shoes, couldn't afford $1.50 to buy them.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Went to Payless shoes, couldn't afford $1.50 to buy them.

Post by Christa on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:26 am

I went into Payless shoes with a ragged pair of flip flops on my feet. I tried on some shoes. They were high heel espadrilles.....the wedge shoes out of the 70's with the jute bottom (the wedge part looks like rope). They were a lime/avocado green color, which is the worst color on me. The style was a little weird too. Also, they were a little small, but they still looked kinda cute. Next thing I know my old flip flops practically disintegrated and I was stuck with these somewhat awkward espadrilles. I thought, well, I can't really afford to buy them. I looked at the price tag. They were marked down several times, but eventually down to $1.50. I didn't have cash for them and irl my debit card was denied last night when I tried to purchase a happy meal for my daughter for $3.50 at McDonalds (even though I had $10.50 in my account).....so, I figured I didn't have the money in my account. I had to make a choice to either write a bad check hoping that the $10.50 was still in there, or to leave the store barefoot. I wrote the check.

Next, I went home and my mom was concerned about me. She asked me what I was going to do to get the money into my account. I told her that I would go recycle cans and bottles to get the cash to put in my account. She was a little relieved, but I could feel her pain regarding my situation.

I wrote a thing on old wineskins that God inspired me to write a couple of weeks ago. It's in the prophetic revelation section if any of you want to read it. I'm thinking that this dream may be another of those tests as to whether I'm going to try and hold on to the old wineskin and strive, or if I'm going to consolidate more by giving stuff away so that God can replenish my supply. IDK

Christa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Went to Payless shoes, couldn't afford $1.50 to buy them.

Post by rbarnett on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:43 pm

Appears you are being moved out of your comfort zone. Your preoccupation with your circumstances (1.50) prevent you from moving forward in the things God has for you. Don't look at your circumstances and make decision based on your past ways of doing things (figured no money in account). Old way of doing things won't work any more (disintegrated flip flops). Trust God. We walk by faith not by sight.

rbarnett

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Christa on Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:35 am

Ok, that makes sense. I definitely agree with, "Old way of doing things won't work any more (disintegrated flip flops). Trust God. We walk by faith not by sight." I'm thinking that there's something more to the shoe store thing. Like, I obviously needed a new pair of shoes.... but I picked kind of a strange, uncomfortable pair that were a terrible color for my skin tone. I also went shopping in Payless, where you go when you need something affordable, not necessarily quality. I'm thinking that maybe God wants to put better shoes on my feet in order to better my walk with Him....better shoes....less feet complications.....and that I shouldn't settle for mediocre....marked down.....on sale....cheap shoes anyway. Maybe that's it.....the combination of yours and my posts. Thanks so much for your help!

Christa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:48 pm

I'm thinking that there's something more to the shoe store thing. Like, I obviously needed a new pair of shoes.... but I picked kind of a strange, uncomfortable pair that were a terrible color for my skin tone.

Just an additional thought....

What came to me as I read through your dreams and the post is that you selected on your own, the Lord didn't choose these shoes for you. Perhaps another message in this dream is to Wait on the Lord (Psalm 37) and let Him order your steps. Shoes often represent life direction, our walk. The following came to me as I read your dream:

Proverbs 4:11-13
I have taught you in the way of wisdom; I have led you in right paths. When you walk, your steps will not be hindered, And when you run, you will not stumble. Take firm hold of instruction, do not let go; Keep her, for she is your life.

But with those shoes your steps would be hindered. If God is leading you somewhere, He will properly equip you, He wouldn't have you wear shoes that aren't perfectly fit for you and would only select shoes that enhance you, His marvelous work! The shoes you selected were green which is a life color and I'm sure the jute on the shoe holds significance, I just dont get anything regarding that right now (moving too fast, my apologies!) - your intentions are good, but let God be God...

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Christa on Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:07 pm

OOOoooo, this is some good stuff Lurdys. This is right on. I needed to hear that. I was two seconds away from writing a prayer request post for God to help me and show me the way. But you confirmed that I need to wait (which is what I've been feeling in my heart to do). I have a situation that may arise tonight.....a huge fork in the road. I definitely don't want to choose the wrong direction here and I have been trying to overcome doing things in my own power, but it's been a challenge to reliquish control. Thank you Lurdys. I feel like I can breathe again.

BTW: I think the jute may mean....outdated fashion trend. Was popular when that show, "Three's Company," was run. Chrissy and Janet both wore those corked, jute bottom wedge heals. Espadrilles go in and out of trend. I'm thinking they're out of trend now, but they're a favorite of mind. Jute is a rope-like trim that they put around the cork part. Maybe I need to "put a cork" in it. Ay...yay...yay.
MY-----> --->

Christa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:20 pm

BTW: I think the jute may mean....outdated fashion trend. Was popular when that show, "Three's Company," was run. Chrissy and Janet both wore those corked, jute bottom wedge heals. Espadrilles go in and out of trend. I'm thinking they're out of trend now, but they're a favorite of mind. Jute is a rope-like trim that they put around the cork part. Maybe I need to "put a cork" in it. Ay...yay...yay.

rofl rofl laugh lol!

I'm still laughing as I type this because I thought the same thing and thought of Suzanne Somers wearing them! thumbs

To God be the glory, I'm glad you were blessed! I have the same issue (relinquishing control) but just concentrate on Psalm 46:10 - Be still and let God be God. I have gotten in His way before trying to "help" or handling it in my own power and the cleanup ain't pretty... duh Go in the direction of peace but don't mistake peace for what's really avoiding conflict, or rather a fear of conflict....will be praying for you.... huggins

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halo on Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:18 pm

~Also too at this time I would like to add something that cought my attention real quick, ''write a bad check hopeing that the 10.50 was still there.'' In Romans 1:17, depicts ''The guilt of mankind'', the scripture reads like this, For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH.*~ Righteousness, God's essential attribute, is revealed. It is not man's invention; it is god's revelation. Left to himself, man would not have ever thought of it. From faith to faith: Its source and end are the same. To those who possess God's righteousness Paul pronounces, The just shall live by faith. What one believes does make a difference . If he belives the gospel he has life {union with God}; otherwise he has death {seperation from God}. From where I am setiing it appears the Lord is taking some unjust things away from you causing a seperation of old things, and replacing (union) them with that of the a-new. God won't take something from you without replaceing it with something better, Amen. We exchange sin for salvation, meaning death for life, we go from doubt/disbelief to beliveing, we go from being unjust to just wich leads us right into righteousness according to what is right pertaining to the obeying of the word, even in decission making. I wonted to present this to you as a means of a tool that can be used in your journey. I hope in Faith that this helps.

Sincerly, Halo
~Faith is the substance of things hope for but, yet not seen.~

Halo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:06 pm

God won't take something from you without replaceing it with something better, Amen.

Amen, Halo!

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halo on Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:18 pm

Lola~ I believe her Faith is increasing, while she decreases in some matters.....this is a good thing. We as Christians can't increase unless we give-up....what does the word ''Payless'' mean, payless attention to the enemy and more to God.... this is called making the right decission, it's a sheer act of Faith.

Good for Christa

Halo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:01 am

Ohhhhh Halo, that just jumped off the page at me. I totally agree with payless attention to that big fat weiner the devil.

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Christa on Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:12 pm

Lol! You guys are beautiful! Hahahaha......"Payless attention" - brilliant, "Payless attention to the big fat weiner the devil" - priceless. Ha! I was just like, "Oh no she didn't!"

Christa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:01 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top