Can someone please interpret?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can someone please interpret?

Post by FM on Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:36 pm

Hi, I am new to this site, but I am a dreamer (and a Christian, needless to say). I need help with this one...in the dream I was pregnant, pretty far along (because i was pretty big). I had drank some milk that was spoiled, although I didn't know it was spoiled at the time. I found out it was spoiled later. The reason the milk was spoiled was that it was not thrown out by the expiration date. After learning the milk was spoiled, I became very worried about the effect of the spoiled mil on my unborn baby. I was sick in the dream and then after I learned the milk was spoiled, I attibuted my being sick to the fact that I had drank this spoiled milk. And that is all I remember...Can anyone offer any insight?

FM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can someone please interpret?

Post by dreamster on Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:17 pm

this kood be a pikture of u takeing in some teaching that is ''milk'' not meat,,and that it is past its use by date,,um we need 2 throw out stuff that will bring us in2 bondage,,etc,,um bad theology can hava a adverse effect on our ministrys,,[baby]cos it can ''taint wat we speak/beleave,, hope this helpsD

a merry heart, does good likea medicene, [ new international dee version,NIDV]

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FM on Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:21 pm

Thank you!

FM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:25 pm

I agree with Dreamster that the spoiled milk may represent bad teaching and would add that pregnancy often symbolizes something that God is birthing through you, i.e., a new ministry, business, relationship, etc. Anything that requires comittment and is time consuming. This bad teaching (could it be a legalistic teaching?) could negatively impact whatever the baby represents to you.

Please pray about what I've said as these are only my thoughts...

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Irish on Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:46 pm

I have some thoughts on this as well, the word of God is like the milk but the meat of God is doing the will of God...walking in the word of God. The milk if it has spoiled ....maybe for too long indulging in the milk only and it is time to move on to the meat....especially with this new thing that God is bringing into your life, what ever it may be...it is the mature Christian that eats the meat...walks the word. Pray for God to reveal specifically what this may be for you, and God Bless!!!!!!!!!

Linda Irish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:12 am

Amen, Linda, thanks for adding your thoughts, that's right on point! thumbs

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FM on Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:39 am

Wow! Thank you all so much. I really appreciate your insights. I should add that at the time I had this dream, I was "on sabbatical" from my home church. I'm still a member there, but am still praying about where God wants me to be planted. Wasn't sure at the time if the dream had any relation to this situation...

FM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jorji on Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:56 am

As I was reading your dream, I began to formulate some opinions...and then read the input given by the others. My ideas were all very similar to those already written.

The fact that you were on a sabbatical from your home church makes sense. Often, we come to a point where we can no longer grow in our current situation, and it's time for a change.

It doesn't mean that the church isn't a good church, but you've reached your limit of growth there, and it's time to seek a new mentor/shepherd/church family. What is milk to you is meat to someone else.

Prayers that you will find a new place where you can gain the wisdom, understanding, and support to give birth to your vision/calling/ministry.

jorji

View user profile http://jorjibelle.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FM on Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:03 am

Thank you, Jorji. I appreciate your interpretation also and will continue to seek the Lord concerning where He would have me.

FM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:54 am

I agree with Jorji that the dream indeed is related to your situation at that time of being on sabbatical but would point out that the emphasis in the dream is not just that you ingested milk but that it was spoiled (past it's expiration date). That is significant because if it's past its expiration date, it's no good for ingestion anymore...any nutrients have been lost, it's bitter, no longer has the right texture or smell so must be disposed of...because of these attributes I didn't think it was a milk/meat spiritual growth issue per se as much as it was bad milk vs good milk type of spiritual growth...it is no good to anyone. And you may not even discover what it is that is "spoiled" until long after you've settled in at another church.

I think in this dream the Lord is making it clear that it's time to move on. But don't move without His prompting and guidance. Continue to seek Him and believe Him to guide you to the church where He will birth something through you. I was in a similar situation several years ago and the Lord directed me to my current church which has been a wonderful blessing for both myself and for my kids. The teaching is sound - we have a wonderful pastor are experiencing much growth in the Lord and have made several friends. It is a perfect fit as only God can create! Amen

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FM on Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:18 am

Amen, thank you Lola. I am in complete agreement with you that I do not need to move on without the Lord's guidance. I will not make a permananet move, until I am sure. And I still don't know 100% that I am to move on...I'm still praying about it. But I do appreciate your insights concerning this dream...this is very helpful!

FM

FM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:11 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top