A Chestnut and a Bay - Broken Legs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Chestnut and a Bay - Broken Legs

Post by jorji on Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:45 am

A little background about me, which may or may not help with interpreting this dream.

I've loved horses for as long as I can remember. Got my first pony when I was 9 and had horses until my first marriage. First husband had no interest in horses, so I abandoned my love. First husband divorced me, and I remarried. Second husband also loves horses, so we now have seven. My husband was diagnosed with colorectal cancer in January 2008. Sparing a lot of details, we've been through a quite a lot. He is currently hospitalized after having a blockage removed in his bowel.

A Chestnut and a Bay

In my dream, I was standing on property where I spent part of my childhood. This property represents to me my first pony and many warm and happy memories. As I stood there, I saw two of our horses (one I can definitely name, the other was "our" horse and I knew the horse, but I can't identify which horse it was). Regardless, one was a chestnut (Kyra), and the other was a bay (unnamed).

They had been outside the pasture and were now coming home at full gallop. They came to a white fence and cleared it easily; but as they landed on the other side, they both broke both front legs at the knee. As they were jumping the fence, I was admiring them and remembering that they had done this before (which they haven't; but in my dream, they had). Of course, then, my admiration turned to panic as soon as their feet hit the ground and I saw their legs snap.

I ran to find someone to put them out of their misery; and when I returned, our other horses were gathered around them. Standing in the group of horses that were gathered, were also the two horses who were injured. They were lying on the ground, but they were also standing in the group...so they were duplicated.

Side Note: I had a dream, once before, where an animal I loved was duplicated. It was my dog and he was snake-bitten, but then his duplicate came to protect me from the snake. Shortly thereafter, my first husband filed for divorce. I've had many dreams of tornadoes (most of them during my first marriage), but I haven't any of those lately.

jorji

View user profile http://jorjibelle.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A Chestnut and a Bay - Broken Legs

Post by jorji on Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:45 am

I did the worksheet that I found on this site's sister site and wanted to include my thoughts as well. This dream is significant, because as I mentioned, I haven't been remembering dreams very often lately.

Worksheet

1. What is on your heart: Family issues, loneliness, lack of fulfillment, uncertainty of future.

2. Write out the dream: see above

3. How did each symbol, action, word, situation make you feel?

Childhood Home: home, happy, fond memories, freedom, carefree, realization of biggest dream (pony), hard work, new responsibilities, friendship

Hayfield: unvisited, uncharted, uninteresting, uncertainty

White Fence: restricting, forbidding, a hurdle but not impossible, surmountable with effort

Running Horses: joy, exuberance, cheering them on, proud of them, engaged, empathic, vicariously living through them, confidence, speed

Chestnut: blood, fire, autumn, warmth

Bay: dull, drab, plain, western movies

Jumping Horses: access, freedom, power, strength, determination, accomplishment

Broken Legs: debilitating, disastrous for horses, immobility, paralyzing, going no further (at least for awhile), plans thwarted, journey postponed or canceled

Admiration: love, bonding, connection, pride in other object

Panic: searching for help, needing someone with ability to take control of situation and/or to ease pain, lighten the burden

Other Horses: concern, empathy, curiosity, cohesion, support

Duplicates: replacements, substitutes, continuation, possibly remedy or restoration

4. How did it turn out? It ended with the two injured horses still on the ground but they hadn't yet been destroyed. The other horses were still standing around, watching.

5. Overall Theme: Returning home, tragedy, support, possible restoration???

6. Where did it occur? A childhood home

Last edited by jorji on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total

jorji

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:40 am

um im not goin2 refer 2 ur wrksheet jrji..im goin 2 2 be direct,, i kood be way wrong ,,but i feel the 2 horses r u an ur husband,,ur both on a course,,ata pace,,u hava hurdle 2 face ,,u jump it ,,but it does some damage,,injaery,,,um tha pain is awful,,u want out of it,,u r surrounded by family an frends,, D,.,

a merry heart, does good likea medicene, [ new international dee version,NIDV]

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jorji on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:27 am

Thank you, dreamster.

jorji

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:38 pm

hope i didnt dent ur feelings,,

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jorji on Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:09 pm

Didn't hurt my feelings at all. I appreciate your response :)

jorji

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:21 pm

ok grt,,did my reply witness 2 u?? D

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halo on Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:17 pm

Jorji~ I think the longsuffering that you have endured has called you to realism in this walk of life...I admire you for that. It seems as if the anticlimax of disappointment is an recurring event of anticipation for what is to come. To help you to be able to identify where you are standing at this time is called ''reapproach'', meaning to ''go back again'' or ''redo over'' and ''restoration'' etc., this would most certainly explain the ''repeat'' of memories or events that is being revisited at this place in your life at this time. I believe what you are expecting, is what you are preparing for mentaly that is comeing through antipation in the distance, pertaining to ''a part'' this would explain the ''into pieces'' or "seperate''. And again, your realism upon these matter's of either ''Lord cause a restoration or a seperation from misery''....for you see, the support that you find gathered around you upon this matter is not selfishness or abondment it is realization. I know you are tired. I too have been to this place of thought and prayer. I hope in the substance of Faith, that this helps. During the mean time, I will be here praying for you and your family. God Bless.

Sincerly, Halo

Halo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jorji on Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:45 am

Dreamster: you could be right on target. I don't know. It's something I have to consider, meditate on, and lay before the Lord. I appreciate your input. I apologize for not being overly emotional in my response...I'm a quiet person. We have sustained a lot of damage and the injury is very painful...it's not a pretty place to live right now.

Halo: Thank you for your insight. I know in my heart that God works all things together for good. If I didn't believe that, I would have fallen apart many years ago. To dream, hope, and anticipate oftens seems to end in disappointment in my life...and it's difficult to keep from becoming an extreme cynic. Ultimately, I believe in the Goodness and Faithfulness of my God and a basic good in people. I'm just tired and battle weary.

I think this dream is telling me that, yes, another disappointment is imminent, but there will be restoration or a "new thing" and a group of supportive people who will love me through it. Thank you for your kind words and for your prayers, Halo.

jorji

Back to top Go down

Post by jorji on Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:21 am

I was driving today, and I believe I received a different slant on this
dream. The two horses who had been outside the fence were imposters!
When they jumped the fence, they were trying to invade my life, but
their legs were broken. It wasn't until I ran to find help and returned
that I saw the "true" horses standing amongst the herd.

jorji

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:01 pm

ok,,

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:23 pm