What does this mean?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What does this mean?

Post by Cholette on Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:21 am

I had a dream about 12 years ago where a prophet was prophesying to me something and in the dream I had already heard that prophetic word before, but in all reality it isn't anything I heard before or dreamed before. I even went to the prophet in the dream and told him that his word was confirmation and that I heard it before. When I woke up from the dream, it isn't anything I heard before.

This has happened to me a few times and I wanted to know if there was a meaning to this when it happens.

Thank you :afro:

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What does this mean?

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:33 am

I've had two dreams like that before. I just think that God is speaking and its prophetic. I had one dream about a month ago where a prophet told me something, but it was symbolic (yet prophetic) because a week later, someone came to me, prayed with me and told me what was told in the dream (similar words).

I had another dream where my ex actually came to me and said a few choice words. Well, I got a message from someone about two months later that was similar to what my ex said in the dream (I even felt the same feelings in real life that I felt in the dream--so it was definitely prophetic and literal)

Again, I feel like this dream is prophetic and when you encounter it, your dream will come back to your remembrance. What were your feelings in the dream when the prophet spoke to you?

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:20 pm

There was excitement because he told me that there was a man named Wally coming my way to give me everything I needed. I've never had names mentioned in my dreams before, especially of people who I don't know so this one took me by surprised.

Just today, after 12 years, this dream came back to me and I franctically looked through my journals and found it. :shock:

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:37 pm

When I have "names" mentioned in my dreams and I don't know who the people are, I usually look them up and God reveals to me what I am through the name-get it? This may be the same for you, and since your dream just now came back to your memory, God may be getting ready to do something there!!
blessings
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:11 pm

Do you mean look up the meaning of the name? The name "Wally" isn't as popular as it used to be in the day...lol!! That is such a strange unusual name when you compare it to names like John, Michael, Larry...etc. So when you say that God has you look them up and He reveals to you what you are through the name, does that mean he reveals who you are by what the name means?

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:38 pm

yes. looking up the meaning of the name in dictionaries/Concordances are benefical (even biblical names have a great perspective!) I wonder since the name 'Wally' is strange and unusual, if God may be letting you know how you are currently in your life-strange and unusual to some people (unique)? He may even be allowing some things to happen in your life that may seem strange and unusual to you compared to what happens normally to others? (something to think about!)

Sometimes God does reveal a personal situation or my identity through a name--its weird. If you think about it, people in bible times named their children according to situations that the children were born in, their own personal situations, or to make a statement. All people in the bible had special and specific names that meant something. Names were so important, that some individuals even had to change their names to equal/represent a change in identity. Remember Jacob for example? His name meant "trickster (he deceives)" but God later changed it to "Israel" ("Struggles with God") inorder to fulfill the plan in his life (ie: name change symbolic for salvation=change in identity (character)/new creature? powerful!lol) Ever since Jacob recieved his father's blessing, he had more struggles (he had to persevere so to speak, to obtain blessings from the Lord). Sometimes the name may refer to a current situation. Let me give you an example: I dreamt that somebody was telling me about my ex and his wife. The person said that "your ex really enjoys his wife and family. They are so in love! The wife's name was Mia or Misha (I can't really remember the exact name)". Anyway, this is not her real name. I looked up both names and here are the following meanings:
*Misha-"Who is like God?"
*Mia-Mine
-The Lord later revealed to me that he (my ex) is really showing others how he has improved in his relationship with God and he's not ashamed of Christ or his family! HE HAS PASSION FOR THE THINGS OF GOD now! And to me, this is the best news that I could've ever heard-I know how my ex was in the past! God further showed me through this example, that there is NOONE Like God-only HE can change a person and his/her situation, making it like it never happened (restoration!) AINT GOD JUST SCRUMPTIOUS!!lol

so, get it now? this is just an example of how God can use names in dreams to give further revelations of situations,etc. I wouldn't take names in dreams lightly-God could be trying to show you some things. Confirmation will always follow when/if he does. If you have any more questions, don't be shy to ask!lol
smooches
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:58 pm

MIA...Do you think you can add the meanings of colors in your dream dictionary? The main ones that I see from others are green, red, black, blue, and white. I think this would be beneficial as well.

desiree

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:15 am

Hmmmm....once you explained the name thing more in depth something came back to me that the Lord spoke to my heart a few weeks ago. He told me that he was getting ready to bless me "out of the ordinary". The fact that this Wally guy is supposed to "give me everything that I need" means that there is some type of supply coming whether it is spiritual, emotional, financial, etc...

This is the first time I have had a name dropped in a dream so now I know and understand that if it ever happens again to understand the meaning of the name because God may have a message in the name.

Hmmmm....thank you Miss Desiree....this has been VERY helpful!!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:43 am

you're always welcome gurlie!! That's what I'm here for!
smooches
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:34 am

Desiree...i talked to her about the color meanings and i believe she'll be posting them very soon :coffee:
love ya,
Daph

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:13 am

thanks Daph
I appreciate it.
smooches
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:20 am

I did a search on the internet and this is what I got for a biblical meaning to the name Wally, which is short for Wallace or Walter.

WALTER

Usage: English, German, Scandinavian, Polish

Pronounced: WAWL-tər (English), VAHL-ter (German, Polish) [key]
From a Germanic name meaning "ruler of the army", composed of the elements wald "rule" and heri "army". The Normans brought it to England, where it replaced the Old English cognate Wealdhere. A famous bearer of the name was Sir Walter Scott (1771-1832), a Scottish novelist who wrote 'Ivanhoe' and other notable works.

Hope that helps. God Bless

In His service,

Dove Solutions

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by naidreamer on Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:47 am

Desiree,

You seem really good at dream interpretation. Do you think you can help me out?

naidreamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:22 am

I appreciate the compliment--I give God all the glory! He gives me the interpretation and as Joseph says, "It is God that knows what he needs to tell you..so we why not look to him?" Its important you keep in prayer as well. By the way, Welcome to the group. thumbs

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:52 pm

Thank you Dove-Solutions!!

I found that same website with the meaning of "Wally"...

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:41 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum