Craig's Grave

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Craig's Grave

Post by GoldenEagle on Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:26 am

Ok, I know this dream means something, and I think I unerstand part of it but I must explain a little bit of the history of where I come from before I tell you my dream. I live in Northern ireland, which became separate from the Republic of Ireland in 1921 by The Act of Partition and kept its union with the Uk. The founders of Unionism were called Edward Carson and James Craig. James Craig helped establish what was called The Solemn league and Covenant, which was signed by half a million Northern irish Protestants who did not want to be part of a Catholic Irish State as they believed they would lose their civil and religious freedom. Some signed it in their own blood. Spiritually, as you can imagine, to sign a covenant is not a good thing. I am sure my ancestors must have signed it. Once they got 'a Protestant state for a Protestant people', Carson and Craig initiated a regime which was ver oppressive to Catholics.

Anyway, I dreamed my mother was driving her silver car on a winter's day. I was sitting int he passenger seat, and my cousin who now lives in canada but was raised in the Republic of Ireland was in the back. He has had 2 terrible trauma recently IRL, so my Mum said she would take him wherever he wanted to go and I said I would walk with him. he said he wanted to go to Stormont (our Parliament). I said I would definitely walk with him to Craig's grave (he has a big tomb in a maze IRL). Then I realised I was wearing my pyjamas, but I was happy enough to put my warmest winter coat over them and walk with him. I told my Mum it might eb a bit embrassing to be spotted at Stormont in my PJs, but I wasn't all that fussed if I wasn't properly dressed as my cousin needed me and I was warm enough.

My Mum drove an odd way to Stormont; she didn't go the main road, she drove through the hills with farmland on either side. There were no leaves on the trees.

I know this has somethign to do with Partition and Union, as that is what Stormont and Craig would represent... IRL my cousin would NEVER visit Craig's grave. he seems embarassed by his Ulster Scots heritage, and to be honest it's not somewhere I would go mushc myself although once as part of my job I used to eb in the acrual Parliament Buildings alot. That'sthe strange thing - we didn't go into the main building, we stayed out side to see the grave which is just to the right of it....

I don't usually have political dreams, and I don't think thsi dream is political. I think it has somethign to do with my family and the whole idea of Union and Partition.

All thoughts gratefully received!

GoldenEagle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Craig's Grave

Post by usemeLord on Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:54 pm

You might look up your cousins name meaning. or it could be his (your cousins) winter in life. Is he saved? Cars sometimes to me represent my walk with Christ. Your mother took a strange route to get there. How does your mother and cousin get along? Does her way with him seem different to what you think she should be doing?

usemeLord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenEagle on Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:49 am

My cousin was involed in an accident in may and his best friend died infront of him. he and his partner were due to have a baby in August but the child died at the end of July so it is definitely his winter.

My mother and my cousin have no relationship difficulties and there is nothing amiss in my mother's behaviour at all. If she took a quiter route over the hills I don't think that is a bad thing.

GoldenEagle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by usemeLord on Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:01 am

I don't think the quieter route is bad either it sounds like the prayer route to me. (in quite prayer and meditation). Also you walking with him seems to me that your walking with him in Christ type walk. Hope I haven't befuddled this more for you.

usemeLord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenEagle on Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:27 pm

Oh, no! I think you are right. I pray for him alot because after the baby died he wanted to know what kind of God would let that happen, so I don't know if he xcan pray at the moment.

GoldenEagle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Irish on Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:12 pm

Dear Golden Eagle...I am cut to the heart at your cousins misfortune...and I am remembering him in my prayers....God knows what he is going through...I will also pray for a clear understanding of your dream. In Christ Jesus....

Linda Irish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldenEagle on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:05 am

Thankyou!

GoldenEagle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:46 am

Sponsored content