Announcement to the whole group: dream interpretation for new members

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Announcement to the whole group: dream interpretation for new members

Post by daphanie02 on Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:54 pm

Hi everyone! Mia wrote this wonderful teaching that has great tips on how to properly interpret dreams with the help of the Holy Spirit:

Here is the link: http://www.miasherwood.com/Dream_symbols.html

First off, I want to welcome all the new members and let you know that we are very happy you found us! Each day before I sign in, I get excited about thinking who the Lord could have brought into our group! Reading, seeking the Lord for insight, and responding to your dreams is not only our calling but our joy. God has blessed us with the unusual but WONDERFUL gift of prophetic dreams and visions. Not everyone appreciates or understands this gift, but the Lord has set us apart for Himself and made us unique and I am so greatful to Him for that!

If you are new to the group, we kindly ask that you review this link:

(http://www.miasherwood.com/Dream_symbols.html )...... and the biblical teachings this ministry supports (posted in http://www.miasherwood.com), before posting any interpretations.

We ask that any person interpreting dreams at this website, or our Yahoo! group, thoroughly read and understand the teachings from our website and interpret dreams accordingly.We take seriously our responsibility for maintaining a Godly and truthful atmosphere that will provide edification along with Spirit filled confirmation to the members here.

If you have suggestions as to what a dream could mean, please make a side note that they are your thoughts and for the dreamer to pray on them (or something like that). However, if God has directly given you revelation we, of course, encourage you to Give Him the glory and state "God is saying to you....." or something of the like.

Mia, along with myself and the rest of the moderators and established members, moderate each intepretation that is posted to judge them according to the biblical precedent for two or more prophets to judge each prophecy because dream interpretation is prophecy.

We want our members to take comfort in the fact that we are diligently keeping the weeds out of the garden so that they know the quality of the interpretations posted at this site are the best that they can be.

Matthew 7:15 says: "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them. 21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!' (In red because Jesus said it.)

I also read another wonderful scripture that I came across today that I want to share with you.

"I have posted watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem; they will never be silent day or night. You who call on the Lord, give yourselves no rest, and give him no rest till he establishes Jerusalem and makes her the praise of the earth." Isaiah 62:6-7

Thank you very much to those of you who pray for this ministry and post encouraging, uplifting, and truthful messages. Your thoughts and feedback are a blessing to the group!

Blessings in Christ,
Daph

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Announcement to the whole group: dream interpretation for new members

Post by sC0rCh3d on Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:32 pm

one question:

it stated "Symbols are defined by the dream, not the other way around."

but isn't that what everyone's doing here?

that's all I see...people telling other people what their dreams mean BASED ON the symbols.

sC0rCh3d

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:50 pm

I hope so! But we wanted to establish some guidelines because we are growing quickly and we need to all be on the same page!

Mia

I'm a lousy example of a Christian but a PERFECT example of God's Grace.

http://www.heartsongministry.com

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

View user profile http://www.miasherwood.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:21 pm

Resolution,

I sincerely ask you to read my answer again assuming that I gave you a genuine, friendly answer. I also ask that in the future you assume the best of every person answering you instead of assuming the worst.

Thanks.

Love,
Mia

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by sC0rCh3d on Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:39 am

"assuming the worst"

look, it's the internet, I can't tell what your intention was, but nonetheless, my question still hasn't been answered.

i'll try to be more clear here.

that link where you explain "If you try to interpret dreams BASED ON the SYMBOLS, you're doing it wrong."

^^^ but that is EXACTLY what people are doing here...DOING IT WRONG.

I'm merely going by what you said.

So, I was just concerned about that.

When I'm confused, when I see a contradiction, I ask about it.

sC0rCh3d

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:43 am

I understand it's the internet and you can't tell which is why I am asking you to assume the best because I work hard at making sure that that is the kind of attitudes that you find here.

I misunderstood your original post. I thought you were saying that they were already doing it correctly. Well, hopefully by posting what we posted those who aren't doing it properly will learn to I don't believe every conversation about symbols is wrong but taking a dream and saying:

Black is a symbol for ............

A cat is symbolic for this ....................

and a rainbow is this ................

is what we are trying to avoid.

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by LifeTransformed on Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:27 am

Thank you Daphanie and Mia. This is Life Transformed here and yes, I am new to the group and yes, I am guilty of overemphasizing on symbols in a recent post. (sorry). I have read the rules and the suggestions posted here and will certainly keep that in mind in the future. I want to maintain the integrity of this site. I guess I was just so excited! Forgive me. That's why I suggested the viewer to pray on what I said. I truly felt led to share what I did, but, admit that I was not in line with what Mia is trying to do. Sorry again. I sincerely didn't mean any harm I just got excited. But I'm a learner and will definitely ensure that it is the Holy Spirit (interpretation) and not the flesh (analyzing) in my future responses. I will mature in this area when the Lord says, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord." Matthew 25:21

Final Thought: I really did have good intentions, I'm just glad you brought the housekeeping rules to my attention. Sorry if I was out of line.
Sincerely,

Life Transformed

LifeTransformed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:44 am

Welcome to the group!

We totally share your enthusiasm and we understand completely! Don't feel as though you are being ostracized by any means we just realized that we had to inform of our standards in dream interpretation.

We don't mind people discussing symbols, rolling them around in their heads and even offering suggestions of what they have meant in their own dreams but what we don't want are hard and fast interpretations, such as;

dogs mean deception.........

etc.

Because I see people posting that but dogs have never meant deception in my dreams, they have always meant injury or illness or attack. So, when I see things like that they bother me because I know they are not across the board.

I'm not suggestion you've done this, I'm just trying to explain what I know and what I'd like to teach people.

What I know is that there is much hocus pocus to be unlearned in the world of dream interpretation and I hope to have an impact in that area.

Lots of love and WELCOME,

Mia

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:47 pm

Thanks for clarifying that Mia! I appreciate your dedication to the site! Thanks to all the members too for their hunger and readiness towards the things of God---those that hunger and thirst after righteousness SHALL BE FILLED!!! Also I was reading in Matthew today: Those that receive a prophet shall receive a prophets reward...those that receive a righteous person shall receive a righteous reward. Just wanted to throw that out there!!!
smooches galore and I LOVE YOU GUYS WITH ALL MY HEART
desiree (aka Starpop)

Desiree (Starpop)
Supporting Member/Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:51 pm

I love ya back! Where ya been? Is work keeping you busy? or..................

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:27 pm

yep! too busy!!!!Lol
I'm glad to see you too!! (through internet eyes that is!!!Lol)
smooches
desiree
p.s. I just got the "or" part!! flower no, not yet! lol!

Last edited by Desiree (Starpop) on Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:29 pm

:giggle:

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:33 pm

you can tell I'm tired Mia, I said "through" instead of "too" (I never slip up like that!!) PRAY FOR ME!!
smooches

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:36 pm

Lol isn't that what you meant?

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:37 pm

I meant "too". But its good that the Lord is "seeing you through" as well! I was doubling thinking I guess! that was the Lord!!!Lol
smooches
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:25 pm

rofl "or................" LOL LOL LOL!!!!!

Cant wait to hear all about the "or....." stuff! if im catching on right!
love,
Daph

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Desiree (Starpop) on Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:54 am

yes!!! you are SO silly Daph!
smooches kiss
desiree

Desiree (Starpop)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:58 pm

LOL yeah i can be LOL :giggle:

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:11 pm

Im just feeling led to repost this and ask all who havent read this to please read. Thank you,

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HisLightbeam on Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:46 pm

Ooh, thanks for reminding us again, Mia and Daphanie...I hope that I haven't been guilty of not clarifying myself when I am making a comment! "Oops" is not enough of an expression from me if I have, however unintentionally led someone astray... :kitty:

HisLightbeam
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hisbeauty4ashes on Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:06 pm

We have all fallen short a time or two including myself, it is okay cause it was not on purpose.They are reminding us and those who do not know. Thanks Daph girl for the reminder and we love and miss you deeply.

Many many
kiss and Hugs

hisbeauty4ashes

View user profile http://www.hisheartbeat4nations.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

New Member with Dream

Post by JPMSW on Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:13 pm

Good Evening,

Thank you for the wonderful welcome. I joined this site because of some dreams I have recently had. I have many, but would care to share only two at this time, for help with interpretation.

The first dream begins:

I am in an classroom at a school. The classroom is outside and in a beautiful courtyard-its out in the open very beautiful. There are two class rooms in this courtyard and they are adjacent one another. It is during the day and the scenery is breathtaking there are beautiful vines going up Greco style collums. The classes are going on at the same time. One class has a large number of students about 100 and across the aisle is a much smaller class about 35 student and i am a student in this class. My class ends first and I go to the rest room down the hall. I start walking back to where class was held and notice that the other class is still going on, there is a man in this class that I feel a very strong connection to as i walk by with my friends. I notice I have a bouquet of beautiful creamy white roses that are in fully bloom in my arms. I walk by a water fountain get a drink of water and discard the bouquet out of my hands unto a nearby bush. I began to walk to my car and as I am walking the man rushes up to me, he had grabbed the bouquet from the bushes and given them back to me. I felt happy and content in the dream.

I know this man in real life.

My next dream is very simple.

I get up in the middle of the night from my bed and walk to the kitchen. Its very dark. The kitchen is clean, but no lights are on its pitch black and I look at the stove, two eyes on the stove are on. Blue Fire as if I had a gas stove was coming from the eyes. I just stared at it. I felt weird, and didn't know what to make of it in the dream.

Thank you for your time. Jes

JPMSW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:58 pm

i dont understand what you mean by dream maturity. God gives me very complex dreams that i cannot interpret without him and then He gives me symbolic dreams that are pretty obvious and simple in their meaning. To me, its not about the maturity of the dream, but the maturity of the Christian in their understanding of the dreams/visions God gives us.

With that said, there are also dreams that we will not understand by ourselves. Because interpretation belongs to God. Do you remember when Daniel had those dreams/visions about the end times? There was no way he could have figured them out alone or understood them without God.

I am in no way claiming to know everything about dreams and visions and the way God speaks to us. I will be a student of Almighty God forever. He is my teacher and if He chooses to give me simple "immature" dreams, it doesnt mean im on a lower level than others, but because thats how He saw fit to speak to me at that moment. This is what I have learned from experience. There are also times where i have to pray and fast like Daniel did to hear the interpretation from the Lord.

There is nothing in the bible at all about the level of maturity we have if whether or not are having dreams with basic meanings in them or not. I must say that if anyone were to continue teaching something like this, it would be a false teaching since it is not supported by the Word of God.

When i was saved i was having simple dreams and i was having very complex dreams that even now I would have a difficult time understanding. God was feeding me milk and meat...even though i wasnt quite digesting the meat right away. He wants to bring us to a place where we can digest the meat.
The way we listen to God is what shows our level of maturity. Because it is from God we learn the truth and from His Word. We are here for each other and to build each other up. This site is here to provide confirmation and edification.
We do not interpret. We may give advice based on our own experience or what we have learned from talking with the Lord about our own dreams....All interpretations belong to God.

i hope i didnt offend anyone, i just wanted to make i was understood fully.

blessings,

Last edited by daphanie02 on Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:01 pm

Also i want to add the link to my teaching on Dream Vocabulary http://miasherwood.forumotion.net/teaching-equiping-posts-f9/dream-vocabulary-t639.htm

it discusses the way we develop our understanding of symbols. Just because we have an understanding of a symbol doesnt mean we have the full interpretation.

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Sherwood on Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:15 pm

Daphanie,

Please delete the posts which are not in accordance with what we are teaching. Reminder: Whatever is not completely plain and clear in the bible it is man's opinion. We only teach as gospel, THE GOSPEL.

If a post is posted that seems to be teaching something contrary to what we understand to be clearly biblical, and if it is not clear and there is no plain biblical example, please do not allow posts to remain which may confuse members.

Much love,

Mia

Mia

Mia Sherwood
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:12 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top