Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
newleaf

tithing doctrine

Yes, but you don't do it out of fear of the curse because we've been redeemed from the curse of the law (Gal 3:13)...you do it out of worship because of what God has blessed you with. If you are unable to tithe then give an offering. God LOVES a CHEERFUL GIVER!!! (2 Cor 9:7)

Justblueskies,

You may want to read on the last post for this. It was good discussion. Look under Divine Revelation, then under Law & grace vs curses & blessings. I agree with the above.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

my husband doesn't tithe and when I have tried to encourage him he is concerned about how little we have to begin with. He is very responsible to be the one to pay the bills and calculate the cost etc.....

It is'nt out of fear that I wanted to tithe but out of wanting to please God. I believe God is pleased with that kind of faith in us. So I went back to my husband this winter and asked him If I could tithe on the money that I make at my job and his answer was not good the first time. he said, "Oh do whatever you want"...but my desire for his blessing was way more important to me than to tithe, so I told my husband that. I only want to tithe If I have his true blessing. A day or so later he got back with me and said to me in earnest, that If I felt that strongly about it that he would give me his blessing and he did. It has been almost a year now and I have been blessed tremendously by God. I have made more money this year than in my whole life. It is also the first year in my whole life that i have not once had a check not clear from my checking account...I have been able to buy engraved Bibles for nine recovering Christian drug addicts, help the homeless shelter and give 40.00 monthly to my favorite Christian radio station KLOVE....God has poured out the windows of heaven and is providing for me in a way that i have never experienced. Tithing is an opportunity provided for us His children, It is not required...it is a blessing...Test and see If the Lord is Good. he has truly blessed me in this area of my life. God bless you.

Linda,

God is so good. I know with me the Lord told me to give of my time, talent and treasure. When we do from our heart it pleases him and he rewards us for our faith in him to provide those things we need and sometimes like a good Father, he blesses us with extra. I am indeed very happy for you! Thank you Father for your endless love for us!

Love in Jesus,

Connie

um let every man give according 2 his heart,,i think it goes somethang like that,,i think if someone is demanding that u give 10% then ur in bondage,,howeva if u give freely that wood be fine,,some ppl tha lord asks them 2 give mor than 10%,,

Thank you both for your kind words...It was a sister in Christ Jesus who inspired me to try again, for my husbands blessing in this. i am so excited that no matter how many years that we have lived on this earth..there is so much more to learn from God. It is so exciting for me that Our Father is involved with His children in this way....among so many other ways...Praise God!!!!

Tithing, yeah! God gives us the power to get wealth. Abraham tithed first to Melchizedek, of whom it is said that Jesus Christ is forever after the order of Melchizedek, whose lineage cannot be traced. Melchizedek was the King of Salem (Peace). So groovy. Tithing was before the law, and it is done in the new testament. It is a protection for us, where the Lord promised to hold back the devourer from stealing, killing and destroying what the Lord has given us, if we would tithe. But I am also excited about offering, because the offering is a seed that God promises to multiply back to us. Groovy, and glorious. So happy to do it.

There is something powerful in tithing and I love to do that. I believe in tithing and giving.
I can say that whenever I didn't tithe on time, even though I didn't spend that money (I just put the money aside as due to my schedule I didn’t go to church every Sunday) that month my money was spent so quickly and I couldn't see what I spent the money on. But when I tithed regularly, on time that month was SO blessed, I even had money left for the next month, my salary for that month was more than enough. For example, you have a dollar but it feels you have a hundred.
I also want to tell how God blessed me and my family through giving and tithing.
There was a season when we didn't have money, every time we went to church, we wanted to give something, to put something into the basket and we put whatever we had, even coins. After some period the coins turned into paper, i.e. a dollar or cents. Every time I heard the sound of coins falling into the basket, I was so embarrassed but still I gave what we had. God gave us money to give and to tithe.
Just this period I graduated from university and after two weeks I got a wonderful job, a dream job with a very high salary; my salary was ten times higher than I anticipated. Isn’t this amazing! Nobody around me could believe when I got a top job right after the university, even my Christian friends! And during four years it regularly grew. Last December I had to go on a long sick leave due to health issues so I didn’t get any money. But when I checked my bank card I found out that I had a bonus the same amount as my salary, a month later I got half of my salary. I was so blessed, God kept blessing me even though I was not working, He is so faithful!
God not only blessed me and my family, He blessed so many people through us. And I want to emphasize, the part THROUGH US as it was not us blessing people but GOD using us to meet the needs of others. I love to be His instrument!
Of course there were times when we missed the opportunity to tithe and we reaped nothing, even had some financial losses. But this was a GOOD lesson that when we tithe, our finances are under DIVINE protection.
In fact I have recently quit my job not due to economic crisis, nobody fired me, it was a balanced decision that I had to quit it. God showed that my mission in that company accomplished. And I believe that there is something new waiting for me, new opportunities, and new doors. If God did so many things in the past, He is more than able to do it now.
I agree with Cholette that you tithe not because of fear of the curse but because it is part of our worship, it is our responsibility. I believe that tithing and giving is as powerful as prayer and fasting. These are powerful driving forces.
I pray that this is an encouragement for many!

i believe giving out of fear is the Law.. Giving 10% was the Law.. which was written before Christ,, most of the old testament.. When Malachi was written, the coming of Christ and His purifying works were yet in the future. If we give b/c it's the Law we fall under the Law
It is important to Give. Give freely as u were given freely.. doesnt' have 2be 10% could be 25, 30, 50 etc...if u dnt have $ u cud give urselvs. Depends on what the Spirit leads u to give.

Most of ALL we shud give ourselves as a living sacrifice to the Lord.. we can give a lot of $, but i tell u, it's harder to be nice to someone that just slapped u in ur face an sideways an hated on ur mama than to dish out some cash...

Rom 12:1-2: I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that
you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God,
which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this
world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may
prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

I had to ask the Lord what to do as I was not sure if i shud tithe or give offerings.. I have a soft spot for missionaries.. The Lord gave me a message and said to give my offerings to help this person in Ghana Africa..He even told me specifically when i give my money it will go to help this certain girl, in Ghanga gave me he name. He told me which church to give to. I gave out of my love for Jesus an b/c He directed me that it was ok to give this much money.. etc.. Not b/c of the Law or b/c of religion, As i do not believe in religion. I believe in what the Spirit of God leads me to do. And trust me I give a lot.. I always give, even when i dont have a job...

Some ppl give bc they r fearful that they will get struck my lightening.. that's a scary thought..

Just my thoughts on what the Lord guided me to do. Everyone should ask the Lord for guidance as to where the Spirit shud lead them to.

short example,, my grandpa was a rev in a 3rd world country. He didnt tithe much.. but he went to dangerous parts of the world b/c the Lord gave hm a message to preach His world to the rest of the country.
He risked his life.. (he had wife an 7kids) an went to scary parts wher christians were persecuted an killed(some were burned alive). All holidys he spent preachn the word. he preached the word till His last breathe.. He gave himeslef as a living sacrafice ...

He saved towns of muslims/Hindu. Brought Christ to them... He never tithed much.. 30 years later in that town.. hindus' an muslims to this day rememba him he was a living sacrifice.. His family was blessed.. no lightening hit us.lol actually we had alot of miraculous thngs happen which wud blow some ppl's mind away :)

prt1 grt points indeed sistha,, heres a thort,,if jesus is lordy of ur life he wood hav access 2 all ur money,, not jus 10%,,,im now,,

prt 2..yea i luv my grandpa bless his soul Not many ppl like that any more agh ... u make funny faces Dream's

every pik tells a story that i dnt hav2 type PTL, i let the piks do tha talkin fer me, ,,like this one,, its mi fav,, oh well bak 2 werk,, D